Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: massillion ohio

"the whirlpool water heater"
It makes fast hot water and it's a little bulky but the one we had went out 4 or 5 years ago. Yes I would buy Whirlpool and recommend it to family and friends. It installed well and was not too hard to to transfer in and out of the house. I don't know much about water heaters but this one has not had one problem. I think Whirlpool is a good brand so I'm hoping that water heaters are a product that they specialize in.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Location: Bowling Green, OH

"Whirlpool Water Heater works great!"
This year we had to get a new water heater for the house. The old one just kinda froze up one day in March and only cold spit out. The plumber hooked us up with a Whirlpool (the old was was some knock off brand) and this one is 50 gallons. Our old heater was shorter and I'm very happy with the extra amount. I don't have kids, it's just me and the wife but I get plenty of hot water and I'm a water hog. I'm fond of baths and showers so a good heater is very needed. In addition I work outside a lot so I need to get warmed up after spending a chunk of my day outside. It's nice to turn the gauge past safe levels and have some hot magma poor out of the tub to soak my feet (Ha!). Much better than our old one (I think it was a 35 gallon). I would recommend!

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: J. Lawless
Location: Saint Louis, MO

"Do not buy a Whirlpool"
Replaced a 12-year-old water heater when we installed a new heating and cooling system. Should have kept the old one. In 3 years our Whirlpool has gone out numerous times. Repaired 2 times under warranty but had to pay $80 each time for labor. We continued to nurse the heater along, often having to suffer through cold showers. Paid $80 again today, after Thanksgiving weekend with house guests and spotty hot water(embarrassing). We were told by the repairman that Whirlpool has had so much trouble with this model that they would replace it with another for free, including installation. They sent us to Lowe's. Lowe's didn't want to deal with Whirlpool (what does that tell you), they wanted us to buy the heater then get reimbursed from Whirlpool. We had to convince them to call because we didn't know which model we needed. Whirlpool then said no installation. We paid to install a hot water heater 3 years ago, and now we have to pay $500 to install a new one! Can anyone say nightmare.

Date created: 2015-11-16 Location: LOVEJOY, GA

"REVIEW OF CRAFTMASTER WATER HEATER"
Our Whirlpool water heater is a 40 gallon capacity and is two years old. The product number is 0733317. It is energy efficient with a yearly operating cost of $309. Since installing two years ago, it has functioned normally and has provided hot water as needed. It heats well and maintains a good temperature with no fluctuations and it has never needed repair. I would definitely recommend this water heater. It was in the lower price range but has functioned very well.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Pittsburgh

"Hot water replacement in the winter"
I have had this water heater for around 8 months and I bought it due to the one in my house actually going out during the winter months. I love the speed at which the water is heated as it is almost double what my old water heater did. The price is the only thing I can dislike, as it is a bit steep, but I can see me not having to repair this for some years. I have also told my sister to buy this since hers is old as well. I think this is the perfect water heater if you are looking for a nice speed and an okay price.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Clementon NJ

"Whirlpool Gas Boiler Review"
I have owned my water heater for a little over 2 years and it has remained reliable and consistent since the day it was purchased new from a home improvement store. It was easy to install and I haven't had any problems or required any repairs in the time I've owned it. The water heater keeps a constant temperature and has been perfect for a family of two. It keeps up with showers, the dishwasher and running the laundry using a warm water cycle. I like that adjusting the temperature is easy on this model and the unit is tall and slim so it fits neatly in my basement utility closet. My only complaint is that you can hear it fire up, it is a bit loud . I would definitely purchase a whirlpool gas water heater again and recommend it to anyone looking to replace a water heater. It is a good unit for an affordable price.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Gainesville, FL

"I love my 9 Year Old Whirlpool Hot Water Heater a Lot!!!"
My husband and I own the Whirlpool model number BFG1F3030S3NOV hot water heater, made in 2006. It is a gas heater with an electronically lit pilot light. We had it installed new when we bought our home in that year. I've never had a minute's trouble with this hot water heater. You can easily set the water temperature gauge anywhere from lukewarm to very very hot, and the water heater consistently delivers that same temperature of water faithfully, until you want to change it. It renders a service that is financially very efficient and seems to use a minimal amount of fuel, but delivers an extremely comforting and satisfying product. In the 9 years we have used our Whirlpool hot water heater, we've never had to have one repair done on it, and it still looks very good. If anybody asks me what water heater to buy, I will definitely recommen this brand, and if and when we ever have to purchase another hot water heater, we will without a doubt want to own another Whirlpool.

Date created: 2015-11-10 Name: Stan Howe
Location: Running Springs, CA

"Will never buy Whirlpool again"
Purchased the 40 gallon natural gas unit from Lowe's in October 2012. Quit working in October 2014 and replaced the temperature control under warranty from the manufacturer, American Water Heater, for $30 for next day air. Temp control went out again in October of 2015 and was replaced a week ago, again for $30 cost for shipping. Now it has gone out a third time. American claims it is due to sediment buildup. The water heater is flushed annually, the water goes through a softener first and there is no sign of sediment in the drain water or on the temp control probe. Going to replace with another brand, and certainly not from Lowe's, who only sell the Whirlpool brand.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Efficient Water Heater with No Issues"
- Owned the water heater for 5 years - Very quiet and efficient - No maintenance or repairs needed - Gas bill dropped significantly after installing vs. older model - Never run out of hot water - Great warranty program through manufaturer, however did not need to use it - Very easy installation of the unit - Would reccomend to anyone who is looking to purchase a natural gas water heater for their home that will last and requires virtually no maintenance

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Mountain Home, AR

"Whirlpool L350S61 Review"
I've had this water heater for about 2 years now and it is very unreliable. I've had to replace the thermocouple multiple times, and as it is a propane water heater, I have many issues with it using way too much propane. I hate waking up to cold water in the morning because of this water heater! I will never buy another again.