Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-13 Name: Brandy
Location: Harrodsburg, KY

"Rip off!"
We purchased an energy efficient Whirlpool water heater. It is still under warranty. We recently had an issue with a sensor. The sensor malfunction has locked it down, no hot water for days. Basically all we need to fix it is a new sensor. Conveniently the only way to get this sensor is from the company. They demanded us to prove this water heater was safe. It was inspected by our trusted plumber. He called them himself as well. (They required it.) During 10 conversations with Whirlpool each customer service rep told me different information, such as cost of part & shipping. They had agreed to ship the sensor. I called back with credit card info, then was told they could not send us a sensor after all. The water heater was unsafe, and we needed to buy a new one... 20 minutes before they were about to ship it! They had several ridiculous excuses, resorted to lies and then requested pictures of the water heater. I complied although I was loosing my cool by now. After they received the pictures, they stated they couldn't see any damage but still denied to let us buy the part. Of course they offered to sell us a new water heater...this company is beyond corrupt. Hiding behind safety guidelines to swindle the customer. This sensor is so sensitive that a little dust or water can make it lock down your water heater...then they deny the consumer the right to have it fixed. This has got to be illegal. We will never spend a dime on these products again. Warranties are useless, customer service is nonexistent, quality is poor. Buyers beware! I don't want to see anyone have to go through what we did. 5-13-16

Date created: 2016-05-13 Location: Kingston, TN

"I have lived in my home for almost three years and I have never had a complaint about my water heater"
I have only lived in my current home for three years, but I know that the water heater is about six years old. I love that I have plenty of water pressure and that my water doesn't get too hot. My husband likes to take showers with only hot water, and it has never burnt him. I have little kids so it was important that we were able to adjust the temperature of our water heater. I love that I can take a long shower and not have to worry about my water getting cold. We can also use both showers at once with no problems. My water heater also reheats very quickly, and on hectic days that is truly a blessing. I have never had to replace my water heater but I am sure that when the time comes I will be looking for another Whirlpool. I would highly recommend this product to a friend. Five stars!

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Thomasville, GA

"Whirlpool hot water heater"
I have owned this Whirlpool water heater for a year and a half now. We got it to replace a water heater that went bad from purchasing the house. The first thing that sticks out to me is the price. I am very budget conscious, and the price really worked for our budget. We were able to replace the water heater without dipping too far into our savings account. The water heater was easy to install and set up. We have a small family, so it nearly always provides hot water that we need for washing, showers, etc. If there would be any complaint it is that sometimes it will run low on hot water if we try to do too many things at once. We can usually avoid this by scheduling our use of hot water, and not run dishwasher or washing machine on hot cycle while trying to do night time routine (children's baths). I have not had to replace or repair anything so far. It has run without issue since we purchased it. I would buy this hot water heater again. We also purchased the hot water heater from Lowe's, and have a warranty covering any parts and labor for 3 years. This gave me peace of mind that I would not have to replace anything for the next 3 years out of pocket.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Albany NY

"would purchase again"
We have had this water heater for about 6 months. It has a fast recovery, and will give 3 showers back to back without losing hot water. It was easy to install, and fit perfectly in my location. I would buy his water heater again. This is our first Whirlpool, but I am very satisfied so far. I think it is the perfect value for what we needed. I would highly recommend it to anyone else that needs a replacement water heater. I prefer the natural gas over the others, especially electric.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Norfolk, VA

"Whirlpool 40 Gallon Water Heater"
I installed the Whirlpool 40-Gallon Residential water heater in my house two years ago. It was easy to install myself, and I have really enjoyed using it. It's rated for a family of 3 and there are 2 of us in the house, so there is always plenty of hot water for us. I can adjust the temperature if I want it hotter or cooler, and when I leave on vacation I can turn it way down. It's energy efficient, and has cut my electric bill some each month. It is a good value for the money. There are some out there that are a lot more expensive, but if you're just looking to heat your water who needs a fancy water heater? I've not had any problems with it and would definitely recommend it to somebody who was looking for a new water heater. I've always liked the Whirlpool brand and this heater lives up to the Whirlpool reputation.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Water Heater Review"
My hot water heater has been in my service now for over 3 years and running. This water heater, despite having several issues with my water pump and having no water in it, has provided good service and always kept my water hot. The only issues and dislikes I had with my water heater is it has taken a little time to warm up the water in some cases. In the over 3 years I owned the water heater I haven't had to repair or replace it as of yet. I've long purchased and owned Whirlpool products so I'd in a heartbeat buy this brand again as well as recommend it to a colleague, family or friend. I've actually gone shopping with my mother and convinced her to buy a Whirlpool hot water heater and she's still quite satisfied with the choice. I don't doubt I'd make the same suggestion to anyone else. These products are generally well built and last a satisfyingly long time.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Bryan, Texas

"Difficult Installation, Great Temperature Control"
Our old water heater, the one that came with the house and was probably standard "builder grade" died in the middle of January two years ago when we had a 2 month old baby in the house. Needless to say it was a priority to get a new one, yet we didn't have much time or energy to research water heaters. My husband asked a friend who does construction work for a living for a suggestion and he told us about this brand and model. It's a bit more expensive than many others on the market (twice as expensive as the base model) but the temperature control is awesome. The water comes out of the tap warm much faster, even in the middle of winter, and stays warm through four showers in the house. We actually had to turn down the temperature after initially installing it because it worked so well. I love those aspects about it. When it was installed, the technician mentioned something about it being a nonstandard installation, so if you are doing it yourself you might look into this further. I wasn't doing it myself and I had a two month old, so I have to say I honestly wasn't paying attention to the details. I like the included warranty, which is good for five years I believe. The model is expected to last six to ten years, which makes it a very good value despite the price. We've never had to repair it in the two years we've had it, and I would definitely buy it again. I don't know why we lived for four years with a substandard one to be honest. If we move, I plan to upgrade to this one even if the house has a functional heater.

Date created: 2016-02-04 Name: Lauren Benet
Location: Georgia

"Pilot light won't light."
Pilot light went out and wouldn't relight 2 weeks after the installation. This is a brand new unit, model number 757282. It is a 50 gallon natural gas hot water heater with a 10-year warranty on parts, but not labor after 1 year. If it went defunct after 2 weeks, I'm requesting a different model or mfg product be installed. I should have stuck with Home Depot or Sears instead of Lowe's. Sears hot water heaters have better reviews.

Date created: 2016-01-18 Name: Jms
Location: Michigan

"Scammed"
This water heater was twelve years old. It stopped heating water, was told by support that it needed a thermocouple. Part was not available. Customer support said I had to buy conversion unit; it still did not work. After that I was told by customer support that it needed a new igniter; but that was not the solution. What a run around. This item came with my house when I became a homeowner seven years ago. These parts should have been free. After $50 of parts and another $60 to the service man, had to get a new water heater. I will never by a Whirlpool product. Take responsibility for the defective product you made and fix it!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Orlando, Fl

"Whirlpool water heater review"
We have had our Whirlpool water heater since we moved into this house 4 years ago. This water heater has been the model of reliability and consistency. Water heaters are a corner stone of the household, yet often go unnoticed until they go faulty. I am happy to say to this day, we have had no issues having hot water for this family of 4. We frequently take showers as the dishwasher or washing machine are running and experience no change in the performance of this water heater. I have not had any real negative experiences with this water heater that I can report on. I will definitely continue to purchase Whirlpool products for my water heater needs and recommend to all of my family and friends. I look forward to many more years of superior service from this product, as it silently provides hot water rapidly and efficiently for my family.