Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Albany NY

"would purchase again"
We have had this water heater for about 6 months. It has a fast recovery, and will give 3 showers back to back without losing hot water. It was easy to install, and fit perfectly in my location. I would buy his water heater again. This is our first Whirlpool, but I am very satisfied so far. I think it is the perfect value for what we needed. I would highly recommend it to anyone else that needs a replacement water heater. I prefer the natural gas over the others, especially electric.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Norfolk, VA

"Whirlpool 40 Gallon Water Heater"
I installed the Whirlpool 40-Gallon Residential water heater in my house two years ago. It was easy to install myself, and I have really enjoyed using it. It's rated for a family of 3 and there are 2 of us in the house, so there is always plenty of hot water for us. I can adjust the temperature if I want it hotter or cooler, and when I leave on vacation I can turn it way down. It's energy efficient, and has cut my electric bill some each month. It is a good value for the money. There are some out there that are a lot more expensive, but if you're just looking to heat your water who needs a fancy water heater? I've not had any problems with it and would definitely recommend it to somebody who was looking for a new water heater. I've always liked the Whirlpool brand and this heater lives up to the Whirlpool reputation.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Water Heater Review"
My hot water heater has been in my service now for over 3 years and running. This water heater, despite having several issues with my water pump and having no water in it, has provided good service and always kept my water hot. The only issues and dislikes I had with my water heater is it has taken a little time to warm up the water in some cases. In the over 3 years I owned the water heater I haven't had to repair or replace it as of yet. I've long purchased and owned Whirlpool products so I'd in a heartbeat buy this brand again as well as recommend it to a colleague, family or friend. I've actually gone shopping with my mother and convinced her to buy a Whirlpool hot water heater and she's still quite satisfied with the choice. I don't doubt I'd make the same suggestion to anyone else. These products are generally well built and last a satisfyingly long time.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Bryan, Texas

"Difficult Installation, Great Temperature Control"
Our old water heater, the one that came with the house and was probably standard "builder grade" died in the middle of January two years ago when we had a 2 month old baby in the house. Needless to say it was a priority to get a new one, yet we didn't have much time or energy to research water heaters. My husband asked a friend who does construction work for a living for a suggestion and he told us about this brand and model. It's a bit more expensive than many others on the market (twice as expensive as the base model) but the temperature control is awesome. The water comes out of the tap warm much faster, even in the middle of winter, and stays warm through four showers in the house. We actually had to turn down the temperature after initially installing it because it worked so well. I love those aspects about it. When it was installed, the technician mentioned something about it being a nonstandard installation, so if you are doing it yourself you might look into this further. I wasn't doing it myself and I had a two month old, so I have to say I honestly wasn't paying attention to the details. I like the included warranty, which is good for five years I believe. The model is expected to last six to ten years, which makes it a very good value despite the price. We've never had to repair it in the two years we've had it, and I would definitely buy it again. I don't know why we lived for four years with a substandard one to be honest. If we move, I plan to upgrade to this one even if the house has a functional heater.

Date created: 2016-02-04 Name: Lauren Benet
Location: Georgia

"Pilot light won't light."
Pilot light went out and wouldn't relight 2 weeks after the installation. This is a brand new unit, model number 757282. It is a 50 gallon natural gas hot water heater with a 10-year warranty on parts, but not labor after 1 year. If it went defunct after 2 weeks, I'm requesting a different model or mfg product be installed. I should have stuck with Home Depot or Sears instead of Lowe's. Sears hot water heaters have better reviews.

Date created: 2016-01-18 Name: Jms
Location: Michigan

"Scammed"
This water heater was twelve years old. It stopped heating water, was told by support that it needed a thermocouple. Part was not available. Customer support said I had to buy conversion unit; it still did not work. After that I was told by customer support that it needed a new igniter; but that was not the solution. What a run around. This item came with my house when I became a homeowner seven years ago. These parts should have been free. After $50 of parts and another $60 to the service man, had to get a new water heater. I will never by a Whirlpool product. Take responsibility for the defective product you made and fix it!

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Orlando, Fl

"Whirlpool water heater review"
We have had our Whirlpool water heater since we moved into this house 4 years ago. This water heater has been the model of reliability and consistency. Water heaters are a corner stone of the household, yet often go unnoticed until they go faulty. I am happy to say to this day, we have had no issues having hot water for this family of 4. We frequently take showers as the dishwasher or washing machine are running and experience no change in the performance of this water heater. I have not had any real negative experiences with this water heater that I can report on. I will definitely continue to purchase Whirlpool products for my water heater needs and recommend to all of my family and friends. I look forward to many more years of superior service from this product, as it silently provides hot water rapidly and efficiently for my family.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"A great boiler that is very reliable"
I bought this boiler about two years ago when I purchased my home. It has been a great boiler. I find that is very reliable with constant temperature and performance. I have found that the boiler has adjustable settings and is very quiet. There is large enough volume in this boiler that I never run out of water which is very good. The unit is still very compact despite its large volume. My only complaint would be that sometimes the water would be too hot and I need to adjust the setting, but that is very easy to do. I have had this boiler for about two years and I have not had to replace it or do any repair to this point. It is still in very clean and perfect operating condition. I have recommended this boiler to my father when he was looking to purchase one. I would recommend it to my friends and everyone I know.

Date created: 2015-12-18 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Whirpool water heaters got your back"
I purchased this water heater back in 2010. About 1 year ago it began to not heat properly, for some reason it would randomly start coding upper/lower elements. I replaced them both and it continued to code. I hated it when It would make clicking and popping sounds from the control board. The control board was removed and I discovered some relay switches had come loose from the board and I soldered them back on. It continued to work fine for 2 years. Back in August it started over. This time I called Whirlpool and spoke with a very polite and professional representative by the name of John. He asked me a handful of questions and promptly took care of my problem, shipping a new control board and covering shipping. I understand we don't live in a perfect world, things kind of happen. Whirlpool has provided the means to correct the problem. I must thank Whirlpool for a prompt solution and a good product.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Plymouth, NC

"An excellent water heater"
I had this water heater for almost 11 months. Me and my family got it in January because our old water heater gave out on us. It was the only one of that size left at Lowe's, so we had to make sure we got it that very day. Since it was sold out we believed it must be the best one. I like the price of it because I actually thought it would be cost at least a 100 more dollars than we paid for. I also like how it was easy enough that my dad could install it himself with the help of my uncle. We had not have any problems or had to replace and parts. We continue to have hot showers which is something we missed when the old one gave out on us. I would buy the same brand when ever the warranty of this one goes out and recommend it to a friend.