Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Clementon NJ

"Whirlpool Gas Boiler Review"
I have owned my water heater for a little over 2 years and it has remained reliable and consistent since the day it was purchased new from a home improvement store. It was easy to install and I haven't had any problems or required any repairs in the time I've owned it. The water heater keeps a constant temperature and has been perfect for a family of two. It keeps up with showers, the dishwasher and running the laundry using a warm water cycle. I like that adjusting the temperature is easy on this model and the unit is tall and slim so it fits neatly in my basement utility closet. My only complaint is that you can hear it fire up, it is a bit loud . I would definitely purchase a whirlpool gas water heater again and recommend it to anyone looking to replace a water heater. It is a good unit for an affordable price.

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: Gainesville, FL

"I love my 9 Year Old Whirlpool Hot Water Heater a Lot!!!"
My husband and I own the Whirlpool model number BFG1F3030S3NOV hot water heater, made in 2006. It is a gas heater with an electronically lit pilot light. We had it installed new when we bought our home in that year. I've never had a minute's trouble with this hot water heater. You can easily set the water temperature gauge anywhere from lukewarm to very very hot, and the water heater consistently delivers that same temperature of water faithfully, until you want to change it. It renders a service that is financially very efficient and seems to use a minimal amount of fuel, but delivers an extremely comforting and satisfying product. In the 9 years we have used our Whirlpool hot water heater, we've never had to have one repair done on it, and it still looks very good. If anybody asks me what water heater to buy, I will definitely recommen this brand, and if and when we ever have to purchase another hot water heater, we will without a doubt want to own another Whirlpool.

Date created: 2015-11-10 Name: Stan Howe
Location: Running Springs, CA

"Will never buy Whirlpool again"
Purchased the 40 gallon natural gas unit from Lowe's in October 2012. Quit working in October 2014 and replaced the temperature control under warranty from the manufacturer, American Water Heater, for $30 for next day air. Temp control went out again in October of 2015 and was replaced a week ago, again for $30 cost for shipping. Now it has gone out a third time. American claims it is due to sediment buildup. The water heater is flushed annually, the water goes through a softener first and there is no sign of sediment in the drain water or on the temp control probe. Going to replace with another brand, and certainly not from Lowe's, who only sell the Whirlpool brand.

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Columbus, Ohio

"Efficient Water Heater with No Issues"
- Owned the water heater for 5 years - Very quiet and efficient - No maintenance or repairs needed - Gas bill dropped significantly after installing vs. older model - Never run out of hot water - Great warranty program through manufaturer, however did not need to use it - Very easy installation of the unit - Would reccomend to anyone who is looking to purchase a natural gas water heater for their home that will last and requires virtually no maintenance

Date created: 2015-11-06 Location: Mountain Home, AR

"Whirlpool L350S61 Review"
I've had this water heater for about 2 years now and it is very unreliable. I've had to replace the thermocouple multiple times, and as it is a propane water heater, I have many issues with it using way too much propane. I hate waking up to cold water in the morning because of this water heater! I will never buy another again.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Name: Kevin Hunnell
Location: Mississippi

"Terrible do not buy"
I bought this gas water when house was being remodeled 1 1/2 years ago with a 6 year warranty. Until you have to use it. Pilot will not stay lit. I called about the warranty, they told me it could not be warrantied because it is inside the house. Where do people put water heaters? They also said they would not sell me parts because of it being in the house. The water heater that I took out was 20 years old and worked fine. I should have kept it. I have another water heater in that supplies the kitchen, 3rd. Bath and utility room that is 22 years old and still working. So before you buy, check on a spot in your yard that they want it put before you buy it. I checked the website and a lot of people said the same. Oh 1 more thing, be sure to disconnect your water heater, turn over and clean the filter every 3 months. So you don't void your warranty.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Great Water Heater"
I've had this water heater for 1 year. I like how it heats the water to temperature quickly and has an LED that shows the pilot light status. I never have problems with running out of hot water and on the high setting the water is extremely hot. I've never had any problems with the heater and lighting the pilot is very easy. There's nothing that I dislike about the water heater. I would recommend this brand/model to a friend.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: Memphis, TN

"New Water Heater Working Better Than Expected."
I had to purchase a new water heater in March of this year because the previous one had a continuous leak. It wasn't a horrible leak, but it was steady and rather annoying. Also, I was unaware of how old it exactly was because it was in my home when I purchased it. I'm enjoying not having to worry about going into my attic to check daily to see if there is a leak. It's nice not having to worry about a water heater dropping through the ceiling. So far, my only regret is that I wish I would've went electric. Everything else in my home is electric so I'd prefer to have it all the same. While the uniformity would be nice, I do like having the piece of mind that if the power is out, I'll still have hot water. I'd absolutely purchase it again, and I'd encourage someone else to make the same purchase.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: Medford, MA

"When choosing a water heater you must be carefull, look for a good brand and get warranty."
I'm pretty satisfied with my current water heater, so far I haven't encountered any problems. I love the Whirlpool brand, they have good products and give you a good warranty as well. You feel protected and backed up. The user's manual has clear directions and it's easy to install. I like that it has a perfect functionality, heats water pretty fast and one of the best benefits I've noticed is that it reduced my energy bill. I've owned this water heater for about 6 months now with 0 problems and I would recommend it to my family and friends. It has a lot of benefits and it's pretty economical. I feel safe, it has a security mechanism that makes me sleep without any worries at night. The last water heater I had was a huge disappointment and by trying to save some money I chose poorly. So in conclusion, if you want to buy a water heater definitely choose this brand. It may cost more at the beginning but in the end you will spend less.

Date created: 2015-09-29 Location: Mercedes, TX

"Great Performer"
I've had this water heater for 3 years now. This replaces my old Whirlpool which lasted me 19 years with no problems. The heating elements on the old one needed replacing, but I decided to get this model because it was smaller and would definitely use less electricity than the old one. The way I use it, it does not use much electricity at all. First of all, I have the temperature set to 115 degrees. My work takes me away from home about half of the time. During this usually one week absence, I turn it off. When I return home, I turn it on and the water for my shower is ready in half an hour except for the winter. And the installation was easy. I have always tried to use the Whirlpool brand for my appliances. It is a very reliable brand. In three years, I have not had any problems with it. I expect this to possibly be the last water heater I will ever need.