Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool water heaters

Read more about Whirlpool water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-31 Location: Melbourne , Fl

"My new hot water heater"
We have had this hot water heater for roughly six months, we got it when our ten-year-old Bosch sprung a leak. I like the higher energy efficiency of the Whirlpool as well as the smaller container size (width) of this unit. It provides more usable space in the garage. It is very quiet as compared to our old unit and seems to produce the water faster at temperature. Unfortunately if I have to replace this unit I will need to get a bigger tank size, as the 50 gallons just doesn't seem to be enough . As an example: no one has used any hot water, going to take a bath, and halfway through the tub fill up the water is cool coming out of the faucet. While it most likely was my mistake when purchasing the unit, I was forced to work with the funding I had at the time. Thus the fifty gallon tank. Now if I had to replace this unit I would go with the Whirlpool again as it was fairly easily to install (just heavy). I would, however, get a bigger tank which has a larger gallon capacity.

Date created: 2016-05-29 Name: R Clegg
Location: Rhode Island

"Be very aware"
My customer was told by a woman at customer service and some guy named Mike D. at Whirlpool to get a plumber to evaluate his leaking water heater after six years on a nine-year warranty. I found that the heater was leaking from the inside of the tank and was told that I, after 30 years of being a plumber, did not know what I was talking about. I was told that if the water is shut off to the tank and the tank stops leaking the warranty is no good. I would not buy a Lowe's or Home Depot heater if they were giving them away.

Date created: 2016-05-19 Name: Jeff Smith
Location: Dover, OH

"Never buy Whirlpool, they are not helpful and do not stand behind products!"
We have had 2 80 gallon tanks in 2 years. I would never, ever recommend this brand of tank, as the helpline does not want to reimburse any money and all they give is lip service!

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Graceville, Fl

"water pump goes cold"
We have owned our water heater for about six months. I like that it is smaller and it fits nicely in our laundry room. I wish it heated water faster and lasted longer. With a family of five hot water goes rather quickly in our household. We can usually only do one load of laundry or take one to two showers before it goes cold. Also sometimes we have difficulties completing the dishes before running out of hot water. I have never had to repair it yet, thank goodness. I would buy the same brand again but maybe buy a larger model, or a wall mounted one. Depending on what my friend was looking for and their family size I would probably recommend it to my friend but I would also have to warn them of my discrepancies with this size and model. Overall I think this water heater was a good buy for the price.

Date created: 2016-05-13 Name: Brandy
Location: Harrodsburg, KY

"Rip off!"
We purchased an energy efficient Whirlpool water heater. It is still under warranty. We recently had an issue with a sensor. The sensor malfunction has locked it down, no hot water for days. Basically all we need to fix it is a new sensor. Conveniently the only way to get this sensor is from the company. They demanded us to prove this water heater was safe. It was inspected by our trusted plumber. He called them himself as well. (They required it.) During 10 conversations with Whirlpool each customer service rep told me different information, such as cost of part & shipping. They had agreed to ship the sensor. I called back with credit card info, then was told they could not send us a sensor after all. The water heater was unsafe, and we needed to buy a new one... 20 minutes before they were about to ship it! They had several ridiculous excuses, resorted to lies and then requested pictures of the water heater. I complied although I was loosing my cool by now. After they received the pictures, they stated they couldn't see any damage but still denied to let us buy the part. Of course they offered to sell us a new water heater...this company is beyond corrupt. Hiding behind safety guidelines to swindle the customer. This sensor is so sensitive that a little dust or water can make it lock down your water heater...then they deny the consumer the right to have it fixed. This has got to be illegal. We will never spend a dime on these products again. Warranties are useless, customer service is nonexistent, quality is poor. Buyers beware! I don't want to see anyone have to go through what we did. 5-13-16

Date created: 2016-05-13 Location: Kingston, TN

"I have lived in my home for almost three years and I have never had a complaint about my water heater"
I have only lived in my current home for three years, but I know that the water heater is about six years old. I love that I have plenty of water pressure and that my water doesn't get too hot. My husband likes to take showers with only hot water, and it has never burnt him. I have little kids so it was important that we were able to adjust the temperature of our water heater. I love that I can take a long shower and not have to worry about my water getting cold. We can also use both showers at once with no problems. My water heater also reheats very quickly, and on hectic days that is truly a blessing. I have never had to replace my water heater but I am sure that when the time comes I will be looking for another Whirlpool. I would highly recommend this product to a friend. Five stars!

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Thomasville, GA

"Whirlpool hot water heater"
I have owned this Whirlpool water heater for a year and a half now. We got it to replace a water heater that went bad from purchasing the house. The first thing that sticks out to me is the price. I am very budget conscious, and the price really worked for our budget. We were able to replace the water heater without dipping too far into our savings account. The water heater was easy to install and set up. We have a small family, so it nearly always provides hot water that we need for washing, showers, etc. If there would be any complaint it is that sometimes it will run low on hot water if we try to do too many things at once. We can usually avoid this by scheduling our use of hot water, and not run dishwasher or washing machine on hot cycle while trying to do night time routine (children's baths). I have not had to replace or repair anything so far. It has run without issue since we purchased it. I would buy this hot water heater again. We also purchased the hot water heater from Lowe's, and have a warranty covering any parts and labor for 3 years. This gave me peace of mind that I would not have to replace anything for the next 3 years out of pocket.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Albany NY

"would purchase again"
We have had this water heater for about 6 months. It has a fast recovery, and will give 3 showers back to back without losing hot water. It was easy to install, and fit perfectly in my location. I would buy his water heater again. This is our first Whirlpool, but I am very satisfied so far. I think it is the perfect value for what we needed. I would highly recommend it to anyone else that needs a replacement water heater. I prefer the natural gas over the others, especially electric.

Date created: 2016-04-11 Location: Norfolk, VA

"Whirlpool 40 Gallon Water Heater"
I installed the Whirlpool 40-Gallon Residential water heater in my house two years ago. It was easy to install myself, and I have really enjoyed using it. It's rated for a family of 3 and there are 2 of us in the house, so there is always plenty of hot water for us. I can adjust the temperature if I want it hotter or cooler, and when I leave on vacation I can turn it way down. It's energy efficient, and has cut my electric bill some each month. It is a good value for the money. There are some out there that are a lot more expensive, but if you're just looking to heat your water who needs a fancy water heater? I've not had any problems with it and would definitely recommend it to somebody who was looking for a new water heater. I've always liked the Whirlpool brand and this heater lives up to the Whirlpool reputation.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Water Heater Review"
My hot water heater has been in my service now for over 3 years and running. This water heater, despite having several issues with my water pump and having no water in it, has provided good service and always kept my water hot. The only issues and dislikes I had with my water heater is it has taken a little time to warm up the water in some cases. In the over 3 years I owned the water heater I haven't had to repair or replace it as of yet. I've long purchased and owned Whirlpool products so I'd in a heartbeat buy this brand again as well as recommend it to a colleague, family or friend. I've actually gone shopping with my mother and convinced her to buy a Whirlpool hot water heater and she's still quite satisfied with the choice. I don't doubt I'd make the same suggestion to anyone else. These products are generally well built and last a satisfyingly long time.