Consumer Reviews of Westinghouse water heaters

Read more about Westinghouse water heaters

Date created: 2018-10-21 Name: T. Morris
Location: Pennsylvania

"Are the elements made in China?!"
Ridiculous that my previous water heater went 15 years before needing a new element and Westinghouse is not even two years! Then I had to fight for the replacement, even under warranty, but they refuse to pay the labor to have them installed! All my life, I viewed them as a quality brand, but no more! Will not purchase their brand again.

Date created: 2018-07-14 Name: David
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Worst technical support"
Today, I returned the Westinghouse Tankless Water Heater that we purchased from Home Depot in October 2017. On 07/12/18, I hired a professional plumber from Mr Rooter Plumbing to come to our home and asses the requirements to get our Westinghouse unit up and running. As requested, he brought a brand new combustion analyzer and also a manometer and then called the Westinghouse Water Heating technical support number as directed for technical issues relating to our unit. He has informed me that the technical support staff that he spoke to were very rude and disrespectful. He followed their instructions very carefully and several times, but he received the same result, that there was something keeping the unit from firing properly at the right parameters. He was told that the unit would not be replaced and that he must be doing something wrong. He was able to get the unit to fire upon water demand but only at a very high mixture of 23+ percent. When he adjusted the unit down to 10.3, it would run, but not restart on its own upon water demand. The technical support staff told him to leave the unit on at 23+ and close it up. My plumber knew that this was not appropriate for the unit to function properly, or a way to leave a customer's appliance. I am furious by the outrageous direction of the technical support staff. I will never purchase another Westinghouse product and I will council everyone I can to do the same. From several reviews that I have read online, others have had similar issues.
Date created: 2017-06-26 Name: Deborah Walden

"Service is Awesome"
I purchased two Westinghouse all Stainless Steel water heaters and have been really happy with them. Then one day (for a reason we are all still trying to figure out) all the elements died. We think it may have something to do with my well water (which is normally fantastic, but???). Anyway, my dealings with the technicians at Westinghouse made me believe in service again. My last conversation was with John, but the technician before him was just as pleasant, polite and helpful. I did not receive any grief or delaying tactics concerning the new elements needed. And they sent me information regarding what to look for in my well water that might have caused this problem. Thank you Westinghouse, for providing true service to your clients. I would recommend buying and dealing with Westinghouse.
Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Cape Cod, MA

"Tiny tank of hot water"
I've owned this water heater for almost a year now, and it has really put all my past water heaters to shame. The pros: it's fast and hot! You can set the temperature to whatever you like and I checked the water that comes out and it's right on temp. Another bonus: it lets you set a maximum limit. No more scalding yourself or your babies during shower/bathtime. In summary, it's quiet, fast, and efficient. The cons....well, I did't want to spend almost 1k on it but hey, you get what you pay for right? On that note, Westinghouse is a trusted brand and I would absolutely repurchase it. I'd maybe go for a bigger tank, but that's also my own fault for purchasing the tank in this size. Oh well. Everyone, go check this brand out. It hasn't leaked....yet. lol
Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: Denver, CO

"Westinghouse Water Heater Review"
I recently moved into a remodeled home and it has this water heater. While it does heat water fairly well, it seems that the smaller size of the water heater isn't the best for a large family. When the entire family tries to take a shower back to back, that's when it becomes an issue. The last 2 showers are usually cold. In general, we could just use a larger water heater. Also, the heater itself is not that energy efficient. If I were to buy a product, I would like to buy Energy Star appliances. Other than that it is a nice unit and we haven't had any problems with it being broken or needing repairs.