Consumer Reviews of US CRAFTMASTER water heaters

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Great Water Heater so far"
I've owned our U.S. Craftsmaster water heater for about 3 months now. We purchased this unit after our old water heater finally died. With 5 people in my home, and only being 40 gallons, I was a little worried, but we have never run out of hot water. It does have an annoying flashing blue light that is always on, but otherwise nothing to dislike about the unit and our unit is in our basement anyway. We previously had the same brand water heater, and it lasted 12 years. The price was right (purchased from a local hardware/supply chain) and installation was easy for my husband, so it was a no-brainer for us to purchase this brand. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone handy who can replace an old unit. This has a lot of bang for your buck, and hopefully we get another 12 years out of it!

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: J. Fry
Location: La Luz, NM

"Warranty"
I called on a warranty issue and they said they wouldn't even sell me the needed parts because it was installed in the wrong location (inside a closet off of the bathroom). It was installed by a certified plumber. They do not honor their warranties. Do not buy their water heaters.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Name: Bill Hoffman
Location: Illinois

"Warranty"
I just purchased a Craftsman hot water heater and had it installed. They installed it in the same place as older one. The company refused to honor the warranty, it is located in a closet off the bathroom. This company will not honor the warranty if hot water is near the bathroom, bedrooms, or kitchen. I was told the dining room or living room would be fine. I will never purchase anything made by Craftsman again; just a warning to buyers. A very unsatisfied customer.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: Lexington, SC

"this is a personal review of a Lowes Deluxe self cleaning water heater"
I have owned my water heater for six years. The water heater was installed in the home before I moved in. The water heater itself is twenty years old. I like this water heater because my family of five has never run out of hot water despite the water heater's age. I dislike this water heater because at twenty years old it is probably not the most efficient. I imagine my electric bill is suffering greatly due to the water heater's poor energy efficiency rating. I have never had to repair this water heater. I am concerned, however, that this water heater may go out on me due to the water heater's age. I would buy the same water heater again. I would recommend this water heater to a friend or family member. I do, however, think that this water heater may be no longer available. I believe Lowe's Home Improvement Company may have switched to a different provider for their water heater line.

Date created: 2015-11-16 Location: Hartford City, IN

"Decent water heater and can save money"
I have a U.S. Craftmaster water heater and so far it has done well in my home. I normally don't have it turned on constantly, as it can be somewhat of an energy hog when left on all the time. However, one great thing about this particular water heater is that it heats up my water very fast. I don't have to wait too long to take a shower or use my faucet with hot water. Since I tend to keep it turned off unless I need it to save energy and money, this makes my water heater perfect for my type of usage. If I were to keep my water heater on for an extended period of time, it wouldn't be nearly as good, but for use a few times a day it does what it needs to do and conserves energy well.

Date created: 2015-08-14 Name: Betty
Location: Vermont

"Water heater Craftmaster"
Bought this electric water Craftmaster heater model E1E4ORD045 20 years ago. No problems until this week, it has started leaking. We have had great use. Looking for another similar to this one. Fantastic.

Date created: 2015-05-25 Location: Auburn, AL

"Works wll enough"
I've had this water heater for about 3 weeks now, and the heater I had before that was the same brand. I had to replace it because I think it was getting old or something. It works pretty well, and heats water pretty quickly for a small water heater! The only problem is from the previous heater which randomly started leaking and spewing water out. I had to shut off the valve before it ruined my personal belongings. I think it was just getting old, but still a liability. Generally, I'm pretty pleased with it. The price was very reasonable and I think that this one will last a while for me and my family. I've also always had great customer service from Craftmaster and I trust their products. Every time I call for help or service questions, I'm always greeted with respect. Would recommend to family, friends, or anyone!

Date created: 2015-05-04 Name: Patrick L
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Trouble, not good"
I own 10 apartments and unfortunately installed a Craftmaster gas water heater in one of them. After several months the pilot light started to operate intermittently, thus rendering the unit inoperable. I would receive calls from my tenants at all hours wanting hot water. I would re-light the unit and it would work for several weeks and then go out again. I finally called the company and found out that there was a recall on the burner assembly. They sent out a new assembly and I installed it. It didn't work. I had to bend the thermal coupler so it was over the pilot light for the unit to work. One year later the thermal switch failed from condensation running down the tank only at the location of the switch. They would not replace the switch. I could only purchase the entire burner assembly for $150.

Date created: 2015-03-29 Name: Joan and Fred Booth
Location: Hillsboro, OR

"Long lasting H2O heater in rental."
We have had a 30 gallon countertop water heater in a 3 bedroom apartment since 1992! Other than having to replace a pressure relief valve a couple of years ago we have had no troubles with this electric heater. We will purchase this brand again in the future.

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: William K. Steele
Location: Bovey, MN

"Best water heater I've had in my long life."
When my wife and I purchased our home in northern Minnesota over 17 years ago, there was already a U.S. Craftmaster 50 gallon electric water heater installed. The appearance of the water heater and associated plumbing made us think that the heater was already several years old, and we were prepared to replace it at any time. I was inclined to drain the water heater and purchased a length of hose specifically for the task, but my wife recommended not doing anything to destabilize a working device. Under the latter philosophy, we did absolutely no maintenance to the unit for the 17 years we had it. Yesterday it finally died, probably because I withdrew too much hot water at one time to warm our septic system at our rural home during a snap of cold weather with little snow on the ground. The unit was manufactured by U.S. Craftmaster in Johnson City, Tennessee. I have no idea whether recent U.S. Craftmaster products are as good, but this heater was the best I've ever had in my 72 year life.