Consumer Reviews of US CRAFTMASTER water heaters

Date created: 2016-10-27 Name: Christine Roberson
Location: Baltimore, MD

"Waste of money"
Worst ever. We've been without hot water more this year then we've been with it. Wouldn't recommend this product.

Date created: 2016-04-26 Name: Jan Walker
Location: Bullard, TX

"Terrible unit"
We replaced our old hot water heater approximately 2 1/2 years ago with this unit. It took the installer several hours to install because he had trouble lighting the pilot. It worked for several months, then we started having problems. The pilot kept going out. We would relight and it would work for a few days, then go out again. Now it's started going out almost daily. We've had plumbers come and troubleshoot and even replaced the gas line. We've checked everything and it all points to the hot water heater. When I called for warranty service, they would only pay for the parts if I used their service provider. They only had 2 that showed they serviced our zip code area. They were both 2 1/2 hours away. We will never purchase this brand of water heater again.

Date created: 2016-02-20 Name: Gary Meadows
Location: Columbus, OH

"Lasted only three months"
Had to replace the bottom electric element after only three months. Was completely burnt in two.

Date created: 2016-01-18 Name: D Knee
Location: New Mexico

"Never buy one"
I bought a 40 gallon less that a year ago. After 10 months it stopped working. I called the number that was on the water heater for the so called 6 year warranty and they said because it was in the utility room with a door from the bathroom that they would do nothing. Well that's how the house was built. Where do they expect it to be? I know this is just a way to not honor the warranty. I will never buy their products again.

Date created: 2016-01-07 Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Great Water Heater so far"
I've owned our U.S. Craftsmaster water heater for about 3 months now. We purchased this unit after our old water heater finally died. With 5 people in my home, and only being 40 gallons, I was a little worried, but we have never run out of hot water. It does have an annoying flashing blue light that is always on, but otherwise nothing to dislike about the unit and our unit is in our basement anyway. We previously had the same brand water heater, and it lasted 12 years. The price was right (purchased from a local hardware/supply chain) and installation was easy for my husband, so it was a no-brainer for us to purchase this brand. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone handy who can replace an old unit. This has a lot of bang for your buck, and hopefully we get another 12 years out of it!

Date created: 2015-12-10 Name: J. Fry
Location: La Luz, NM

"Warranty"
I called on a warranty issue and they said they wouldn't even sell me the needed parts because it was installed in the wrong location (inside a closet off of the bathroom). It was installed by a certified plumber. They do not honor their warranties. Do not buy their water heaters.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Name: Bill Hoffman
Location: Illinois

"Warranty"
I just purchased a Craftsman hot water heater and had it installed. They installed it in the same place as older one. The company refused to honor the warranty, it is located in a closet off the bathroom. This company will not honor the warranty if hot water is near the bathroom, bedrooms, or kitchen. I was told the dining room or living room would be fine. I will never purchase anything made by Craftsman again; just a warning to buyers. A very unsatisfied customer.

Date created: 2015-12-02 Location: Lexington, SC

"this is a personal review of a Lowes Deluxe self cleaning water heater"
I have owned my water heater for six years. The water heater was installed in the home before I moved in. The water heater itself is twenty years old. I like this water heater because my family of five has never run out of hot water despite the water heater's age. I dislike this water heater because at twenty years old it is probably not the most efficient. I imagine my electric bill is suffering greatly due to the water heater's poor energy efficiency rating. I have never had to repair this water heater. I am concerned, however, that this water heater may go out on me due to the water heater's age. I would buy the same water heater again. I would recommend this water heater to a friend or family member. I do, however, think that this water heater may be no longer available. I believe Lowe's Home Improvement Company may have switched to a different provider for their water heater line.

Date created: 2015-11-16 Location: Hartford City, IN

"Decent water heater and can save money"
I have a U.S. Craftmaster water heater and so far it has done well in my home. I normally don't have it turned on constantly, as it can be somewhat of an energy hog when left on all the time. However, one great thing about this particular water heater is that it heats up my water very fast. I don't have to wait too long to take a shower or use my faucet with hot water. Since I tend to keep it turned off unless I need it to save energy and money, this makes my water heater perfect for my type of usage. If I were to keep my water heater on for an extended period of time, it wouldn't be nearly as good, but for use a few times a day it does what it needs to do and conserves energy well.

Date created: 2015-08-14 Name: Betty
Location: Vermont

"Water heater Craftmaster"
Bought this electric water Craftmaster heater model E1E4ORD045 20 years ago. No problems until this week, it has started leaking. We have had great use. Looking for another similar to this one. Fantastic.