Consumer Reviews of US CRAFTMASTER water heaters

Read more about US CRAFTMASTER water heaters

Date created: 2019-03-15 Name: J Olivieri
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

"I cannot believe these people!!!"
I first called in January 2019 asking for a ng burner to convert my Propane WH....the call center lady said she would call me back....two weeks went by and no call. I called again on 2-11-19, the gentleman said it was covered under warranty and the part would be shipped out. He estimated it would be 7 to 10 days......never came. I called on the 3-8-19, the lady was very apologetic, talked to her supervisor, stated it would be here if I paid for 2 days shipping the following Wednesday. I called on 3-14-19 It was a day late. The Lady told me she would look up the UPS tracking number. Put me on hold. Stated it would be delivered "today". I came home...... nothing. I called just now 3-15-19. This lady tells me that because the water heater was not designed for indoor use they would NOT ship me the part. I asked about the two-day shipping charge, she could not answer the question. I asked for a supervisor, she cannot transfer me she says. WOW, you can't make this stuff up. I think I will buy the Chinese next time. They at least care what the customer says.

Date created: 2019-01-19 Name: Charles Loomis
Location: Flemington, MO

"Worst hot water heater ever"
Worst hot water heater I've ever owned. You have to push the reset button every 4 months because it goes off. Terrible customer service. The young man I talked to (sounded like a 12-year-old) had no knowledge of heaters. I was told to clean the bottom of the tank. I used my phone to take a picture of a screen so clean you could eat off it. So that clearly wasn't the problem. Do not buy US Craftmaster. Why do you have to agree to their non-existent "terms of service"!!!!!
Date created: 2019-01-06 Name: Dave
Location: Montevallo, AL

"First U.S. Craftmaster, and Last"
New 40 gallon us Craftmaster water heater installed 6th June 2018 and replaced less than a week later because of all the insulation around the tank was dripping wet. Now the pop-off valve on the warranty replacement unit is leaking which has created a large puddle of water under the house. The unit heats do a good job heating the water and keeping up with demand, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't leak.
Date created: 2018-04-20 Name: M.Crane
Location: Northeast

"Sucker Punched"
Bought and installed same day October 30, 2015 -3 months later, bottom stat blew, and had replaced. 4 Months later, top stat blew. Had replaced. Now 2018, pressure valve failed with water damage to home. Us Crapmaster water heater Company Johnson City Tenn.: Bad company- Bad products. Avoid.
Date created: 2018-04-08 Name: Kathleen Schericgh
Location: California

"Installed February 2001"
What can I say.......we got lucky or the water heater is great?
Date created: 2017-12-12 Name: Sandi
Location: Westminster, CO

"LASTED 25 YEARS!"
I don’t know how many of the reviews on here are “paid” by the competition, but here’s my experience with a U.S. Craftmaster. I bought my home in 2009. I just had my Craftmaster replaced and it was manufactured in 1992. It came with the house when I bought it and I always had hot water and no leaks. Today is December 12, 2017. I never flushed it out or drained 2-3 gallons every quarter. This is a great brand! What I’ve noticed researching for a new water heater is that none of them have good reviews on this site! Hmmmm....
Date created: 2017-11-27 Name: Jim cross
Location: Honolulu, HI

"Us craft master warranty policies"
Us craft master water heater have to be totally enclosed on all 4 sides for the warranty to be valid. If you live where it never freezes, like Hawaii, and the unit is in a semi enclosed area, fully protected from the weather, your warranty is no good. On top of that, they will not sell you repair parts like the igniter. No parts servicing. Dissatisfied customer
Date created: 2017-11-24 Name: Jeffrey Price
Location: Kenton, OH

"Gas hot water heater"
Our hot water heater is over 25 years old, we have been very satisfied with the unit. We live in the country and have well water that is not very good. Our country water has rust and black sulfur, so we have a system that helps take these out. We are planning to replace the unit which started to leak. I hope the new one is made as well as our old one was. Model # crguf90-4335 (The u might be a v it was hard to read the letters) Product # 0122022
Date created: 2017-11-21 Name: Randy Avery
Location: Dallas, NC

"Very disappointed"
I bought a new water heater 4 years ago. The thermostate went out and even though it had a 6 year warranty, it was void because it was in a bathroom. The man who put it in said, they do not hold up.
Date created: 2017-11-02 Name: Greg
Location: Indiana

"Never Had A Problem"
I installed a 40 gallon us Craftsmaster with a 9 year warranty self cleaning gas hot water heater in December 1999 and just replaced it yesterday. I replaced it not because it failed but knew I was on borrowed time so decided to change on my terms not the water heaters. I never flushed the unit or had a problem with it so based on reviews I am reading now it appears the quality of materials and or labor in assembly may have been comprised since the time I purchased. I had a insulation blanket wrapped around it and when I removed the blanket there was rust on the bottom edges so I was glad I replaced it. I replaced it with a Richmond 50 gal unit with a 6 year warranty because the 9 year warranty unit was exactly the same and cost $70 more for the extended warranty.