Consumer Reviews of Takagi water heaters

Read more about Takagi water heaters

Date created: 2019-07-19 Name: Robert markwith
Location: Cayucos

"No warranty"
Worst warranty response ever My heat exchanger went out in about 4.5 years still covered by the warranty. After having my local plumber spend a couple of hours taking it apart and taking pictures they denied my claim, they said my core was “stressed” from overuse. The strange thing is the unit was in a home that we use only about 50 percent of the time and has only 2 baths. We bought a unit that was a commercial unit built for a 4 bathroom house. Way over-designed for its use and yet it was stressed. Also they no longer Cary parts for that model. Seems like a sham to me. Their only advice was to buy a new one and I will but certainly not there’ S.

Date created: 2019-06-05 Name: Richard Mangone
Location: Boston, MA

"Outstanding Technical support"
I have used Takagi support for the past 2 years. They are very professional and extremely helpful for the 2 units we purchased. Recently, I had an issue I was hoping to get some help before I called a plumber at $100. an hour. They came to my rescue by advising me to change a switch setting on our tenants unit. I was overjoyed that it worked and I am very thankful that is saved me a few hundred dollars.
Date created: 2018-04-23 Name: P Mattingly
Location: Utah

"Waste of money, poorly built, abysmal customer service, won't honor warranty"
My professionally installed Tagagi in a new house lasted only 8 months until heat exchanger started leaking. Called customer service after waiting 1/2 hour on phone and they gave me name of 'approved' plumber to fix it as it was under warranty. Plumber came and spent 4 hrs at $130/hr disassembling, taking photos to send to customer service, including waiting 1.5 hrs on his phone waiting to talk to them several times and reassembly because they didn't get back to him until the next day with an offer to send an $800 heat exchanger but only offered to pay plumber 2 hrs of labor at $80/hr to do the repair. Plumber estimates it will take him minimum of 6 hrs to fix it. So I am stuck with paying almost $1,000 in labor to fix the Tagagi that is under full warranty because they are so cheap. I refused and will take out the unit and install another brand from Home Depot that offers an additional 5 year warranty through them and sue Tagagi in small claims court for failure to honor their warranty. In today's digital information age where it is impossible to hide bad behavior this company is clueless and stupid. Do not buy tagagi products you will regret it.
Date created: 2017-10-11 Name: J Davila
Location: McAllen, TX

"Do not buy a Takagi tankless water heater"
I have had to install additional filters, remote control and have had numerous expensive plumber calls; the water heater quits heating unpredictably. I am in the process of installing a regular water heater to remedy this Takagi disaster. I contacted the company and they said that it was my prerogative to replace their water heater; no offer for even a partial reimbursement to back up their product. Will never purchase a Takagi product of any kind ever again.
Date created: 2017-02-06 Name: B.Rogers
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"Won't buy again"
First Takagi failed within 7 years, was told that it would be less expensive to get a new one. This new one lasted 2 1/2 years before 'error code 771' and subsequent repair costs were needed. I will never recommend this product or company to anyone.
Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Flemington, NJ

"Awesome tankless water heater"
I recently replaced my water heater with a tankless Takagi T-KJR2-IN water heater. I've had the water heater in place for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier with it. Space is a commodity in my residence, and not having a huge water tank has saved considerable storage space. In addition, I never run out of hot water! The heater has a digital thermostat that allows me to control, to the degree, the temperature of the water. While it takes a few moments for the water to heat to the desired temperature, this is true of most tankless water heaters, and I would not consider this a negative feature. So far the heater has worked without issue or incident. At the moment I can't find a single dislike about the product. I would absolutely buy this same brand again. I often recommend tankless water heaters to my friend, and I would certainly recommend the Takagi.
Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: L Davis
Location: Northern Arizona

"It does not get worse than this"
There is nothing nothing good that can be said about this heater. I was lied to a number of times by different people doing the shift the blame game. Nasty product! Nasty people! Worked for two months and they refuse to honor their warranty.
Date created: 2016-03-01 Name: Mark S
Location: Portland, OR

"Takagi will make you poor"
My Takagi tankless hot water heater has broken down 6 times over the last five years, costing me $1,064.35 in repairs. It has just broken down for a 7th time and would cost me another $400 to repair if I didn't finally decide to pull the plug and get rid of it. Be smarter than I was. Get another brand.
Date created: 2016-02-22 Name: Omer Negev
Location: Van Nuys, CA

"Takagi warranty sucks!"
I am a plumbing contractor specializing in the installation and service of tankless water heaters. I must warn everybody, do not buy Takagi! The support of this product is horrible. They do not pay service techs for warranty work. The water heaters fail prematurely and even when working they make too much noise and are not reliable.
Date created: 2016-01-21 Name: WAYNE DESHOTEL
Location: Hessmer, LA

"Takagi tankless water heaters"
They don't last. Mine is 5 years old and starting to leak and giving the 111 error. Basically their warranty is no good. You have to hire a plumber to disassemble it and take pictures. You then email the pictures then they will consider if it was a defect or bad water. You will then have to pay a plumber again to reassemble it with the part(s) that were needed. I called several plumbers and none of them ever used Takagi and said that was ridiculous. I would have had to pay a couple hundred dollars of work for them to do everything that Takagi wanted them to do.