Consumer Reviews of Takagi water heaters

Read more about Takagi water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Flemington, NJ

"Awesome tankless water heater"
I recently replaced my water heater with a tankless Takagi T-KJR2-IN water heater. I've had the water heater in place for about 2 months now and couldn't be happier with it. Space is a commodity in my residence, and not having a huge water tank has saved considerable storage space. In addition, I never run out of hot water! The heater has a digital thermostat that allows me to control, to the degree, the temperature of the water. While it takes a few moments for the water to heat to the desired temperature, this is true of most tankless water heaters, and I would not consider this a negative feature. So far the heater has worked without issue or incident. At the moment I can't find a single dislike about the product. I would absolutely buy this same brand again. I often recommend tankless water heaters to my friend, and I would certainly recommend the Takagi.

Date created: 2016-03-29 Name: L Davis
Location: Northern Arizona

"It does not get worse than this"
There is nothing nothing good that can be said about this heater. I was lied to a number of times by different people doing the shift the blame game. Nasty product! Nasty people! Worked for two months and they refuse to honor their warranty.

Date created: 2016-03-01 Name: Mark S
Location: Portland, OR

"Takagi will make you poor"
My Takagi tankless hot water heater has broken down 6 times over the last five years, costing me $1,064.35 in repairs. It has just broken down for a 7th time and would cost me another $400 to repair if I didn't finally decide to pull the plug and get rid of it. Be smarter than I was. Get another brand.

Date created: 2016-02-22 Name: Omer Negev
Location: Van Nuys, CA

"Takagi warranty sucks!"
I am a plumbing contractor specializing in the installation and service of tankless water heaters. I must warn everybody, do not buy Takagi! The support of this product is horrible. They do not pay service techs for warranty work. The water heaters fail prematurely and even when working they make too much noise and are not reliable.

Date created: 2016-01-21 Name: WAYNE DESHOTEL
Location: Hessmer, LA

"Takagi tankless water heaters"
They don't last. Mine is 5 years old and starting to leak and giving the 111 error. Basically their warranty is no good. You have to hire a plumber to disassemble it and take pictures. You then email the pictures then they will consider if it was a defect or bad water. You will then have to pay a plumber again to reassemble it with the part(s) that were needed. I called several plumbers and none of them ever used Takagi and said that was ridiculous. I would have had to pay a couple hundred dollars of work for them to do everything that Takagi wanted them to do.

Date created: 2015-05-20 Name: mike lawhead
Location: Banning, CA

"Review of T-K4"
I am a plumber with 30 years of experience. I installed a T-K4 outside water heater. After 3 months it failed, error code 991. After several times resetting it, I contacted a rep. All he was concerned about was defending how smart their unit is. Wrong. He said there was not enough gas. I properly installed it, so I contacted the gas company and waited 5 hours while they changed the meter and regulator. Bam. 2 days later, error code 991. He said it was not installed correctly. After threatening to be sued by a very mad home owner, got a new unit and one month later there are no issues. I understand problems happen but it should have be addressed sooner. I lost 5 hours waiting for the gas company, plus 6 service calls. I will never install another one and I install 20 to 30 a year...not Takagi.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Hendersonville, TN

"I like it for the size and the efficiency. I would recommend it to my friends!"
I've been using this water heater for two months now. I like it's size. It's also environmentally friendly. It was a bit more expensive than I was thinking of spending, but it's worthy. It never broke or has any problem yet. I would recommend it to my friends. I would buy the same brand again unless I find something which has similar quality for cheaper price.

Date created: 2011-08-07 Name: Jim
Location: NJ

"Takagi provides no warranty"
When these work, they work okay. However, if unit is defective (relatively low rate) Takagi provides virtually no warranty. In best case scenario they provide part to installer (if installer pays shipping). Then one has to disassemble this high-tech unit and replace part. It is time consuming job of several hours. Most installers would never do this no matter what they promise before installation. As a result if unit goes bad, even within a days of installation unit goes to garbage. If you ready take chances and luck is on your side, go ahead. Out of 100 installed by us, five died and takagi do not stand behind its product. We dropped them from our product line to keep good relationships with our customers. Until takagi starts to cover contractors and home owners in case of problems (like many responsible manufacturers do), we would strongly recommend against their products.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: linda Steinfeldt
Location: Madison, WI

"Ms"
The Takagi instant on tankless water heater my husband installed in heaven. Our gas bills dropped by over half, I can live in a hot shower if I want to and we always have enough water for everyone to toake their showerw, one right after the other every morning. Yes- it was a bit more complicated to install as it was a retrofit and additional piping, venting etc were needed. Yes- it cost more than a big box tank heater upfront. the only downside is we have well water and every couple months DH has to take one of those green scratch free pot scrubbers and clean the anode. Works out though, he just does it whenever he is adding salt to the softener.