Consumer Reviews of State water heaters

Read more about State water heaters

Date created: 2011-12-08 Location: Cookeville, TN

"Our water heater is too small"
We've had our water heater for 2 years now. We are quite unsatified with it because the hot water runs out in the middle of washing dishes(we wash our dishes by hand). We can get a few things washed and put on the rack, but that's about it for 30 minutes. Also, taking showers is a problem. Usually we only have time to wash our bodies, then the water runs cold. I think it probably needs repairing, replacement, or has sediment in the bottom that has built up over time. I do like that it's small and doesn't take up too much space in the closet in which it was installed. I don't think I would recommend getting the water heater we currently have. It's capacity is too small and it's not very energy efficient. Like I stated previously, the problems we're currently having with it are most likely due to the heater needing a specific repair, like a new heating element or just to be drained to rid it of sediment.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Tahlequah, OK

"State Censible is Small but Reliable"
The water heater in my one bedroom rental is a State brand "Censible" water heater. This particular water heater is about half the size of a regular household water heater. Probably due to its small size, it heats very quickly but the hot water only lasts for about one 20 minute shower at most. It works out ok for one person but if you have two people sharing the unit, you have to wait about 30 minutes to an hour after one person takes a shower before someone else can take a shower. I have had this water heater in my rental for about three years but the age of it is closer to ten years. I have not had any maintenance or repair issues with the water heater so I would say it is pretty reliable. I also assume that it is more efficient than a larger water heater because of its small size. As this type of water heater goes, I would say the State Censible is a good reliable model.

Date created: 2011-04-19 Location: Sun City Center, Florida

"Electric Water Heater"
I have had the water heater since 2004 when I purchase the house it was then a year old. It is very efficient, on the minimum setting most of the year. This the 2nd State Ind electric water heater I have owned the other was in Denver, Co I had it for 10 years had no problems and it went with house I sold. I have never had a problem with my current water heater and with my previous good luck do not expect any problems with it. The only thing I dislike about it is that the tank is not as large capasity as I would like..when I have company, my son and daughter in law an their kids we do run out of water with all the laundry and baths ect. however it is fine the rest of the time but I would like at least if it were part time solar. I would not hesitate to recomend a State Ind Electric Water heater to anyone

Date created: 2011-03-24 Location: Houston

"State Water Heaters : A Customer review"
I have been using State censible 510E water heater for about 2 years since I moved to this new apartment. It is manufactured by State Industries and it has been a reliable and efficient one for all the time I have been using it. I would rate this at 9 on the scale of 10. I good thing about this water heater is it has never been encountered any problems or any leaks under any circumstances like power fluctuations or over usage. It is 100% shock proof. This is a very good water heater for a residential household limited to the usage. I would dislike this heater only of its capacity, it would drain out all the hot water if it has been continuously used for 20 mins. Considering the power consumption this water heater has been very economical. Otherwise it is the best I can recommend to my friends. I would not go this brand again as there are many other best brands in market which would deliver much better than this water heater.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: V. Cales
Location: Lafayette, IN

"It's sufficient"
I bought this house 3 years ago & have no idea as to the age of our water heater. We don't keep it on high. Just enough to take a warm shower. Have had no problems with it, so guess that's a good thing. Just hoping that it is energy efficient.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Pat Krasnowski
Location: Tolono, IL

It actually is a State Censable but that wasn't on your list. It was purchased when the house was built in 1988 and still runs great.