Consumer Reviews of State water heaters

Read more about State water heaters

Date created: 2014-06-13 Name: MiTer
Location: Near Sacramento CAL

"31 years"
This water heater was made in 1983. I have had it for many years. Friday the 13th 2014 it had a small leak on the output. It had just started to get water on the floor when I noticed it. It was a 40 gal lp water heater. Maybe I got lucky or maybe they made things better 30 years ago. I think things for the first 3 decades then on Friday the 13th 2014, then it decided to retire. Hope I can find a good one, now manufacturers make things so disposable (6 year) - like a paper cup.

Date created: 2014-06-08 Name: Aaron west
Location: Florence, ky

"Satisfied with State"
I had a State water heater installed on 6/6/11 and have had no problems with it.

Date created: 2014-05-05 Name: PThom
Location: Lincoln, NE

"Obnoxiously Loud"
This heater is horrible. I called the company and they said as long as you are getting hot water (which I am) then there is nothing they will do. It is louder than my furnace and it heats up about every 2 hours. I dread seeing my water bill. If you have a choice, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WATER HEATER. They don't stand behind their product, they just don't care.

Date created: 2014-04-29 Name: T. Grigsby
Location: Katy, Texas

"High Cost of Ownership"
Since our purchase of the State Water Heater in 11-11-11, we have had to replace the door sensor on 8-1-12, the first Honeywell gas control valve on 5-16-13, and the second Honeywell gas control valve on 4-21-14. State has free replacement of parts for six years, but the cost to have an authorized service provider replace the three items to date is $497.18. It also seems the parts always go out on a weekend or holiday. This is my first State Water Heater and will be my last. When State was contacted by my wife, the reply was that all parts are guaranteed. Cost of ownership of this product is too high!

Date created: 2014-01-22 Name: william netherland
Location: Cary, NC 27511

"Buyer beware! Less than 4 Years and major water damage"
Purchased and installed 4/19/2010, failed 1/19/2014. Thousands of dollars in damage, flooring, sheetrock, fixtures and furniture damaged or destroyed. All caused by poor workmanship, both the upper and lower heater elements were found to be loose, it blew from the lower element. Water heater was located in a upstairs office condo, flooded upstairs flooring and downstairs. State Industries simply stated, 1 year warranty for commercial use, 6 year residential, sorry you have a issue. Issue? Now is time to seek any and all legal remedy, either thru our insurance company or as a separate party.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: Nazir Abid
Location: Hayward,CA

"World poorest quality water heater"
I have never experienced and faced that poor quality water heater in my life, i have several properties and most of the time the water heater last for at least 10-15 years,but brand died just after 6.5 years and manufacture wont take responsibilities for any replacement instead blame on the builder of the house who choose this product,its shame for this company and fortunately the label says, made in the USA. Please never buy any product from this company.They are not reliable producers of products....God Bless America..

Date created: 2013-09-20 Name: J. Hill
Location: St. Joseph, MO.

"Needed Constant Repairs - Very Unreliable"
We purchased a 40 gallon gas water heater in February of 2008. In January of 2010, it stopped heating. After trying to relight it with no success in it staying lit, we had the first of multiple service calls to replace parts. The Thermocouple was first, then igniters, then more thermocouples. I would arrive home from work late at night and start to shower, only to find there was no hot water on occasions that became much too regular. The thing was only two years old. I didn't want to spend the hundreds it would cost to replace it, but I'm sure we eventually spent more than that on service calls. After more than 2 years of on again off again hot water, we finally replaced it in 2012 with a Richmond brand tank and have had no problems. I would never buy another State water heater and do not recommend them.

Date created: 2013-06-01 Name: Gary Suhadolnik
Location: Strongsville, Ohio

"Bad News on the New Tank"
My plumber installed my State hot water tank today on Saturday and it does not work, the control is defective. I am now without any hot water until Monday at the earliest. State, you make a real bad product.

Date created: 2013-05-20 Name: J. Smolucka
Location: Munster IN

"Pilot Light Won't Stay On"
My State water heater is garbage! It's 3 years old this month. Have to light my pilot twice a day. Used to be wow just once a month. I have been doing this for the past year. Just love getting up extra early to light and wait for hot water. Garbage!

Date created: 2013-05-17 Name: Jerry Gresham
Location: Atlanta Ga

"Zero Warranty Poor Product"
I had a State water heater under warranty. It stopped working so I called the plumber that installed it. When he arrived he called State tech dept. and they told him to replace several parts, which he did. The next day no hot water! I called State customer no service and spoke to a very argumentative rep, so I ask for a supervisor. All I wanted is to have the unit replaced under warranty. I was told that the warranty was only if the tank leaked, not if it quit working. After my third day of cold water I purchased different brand of water heater and ow have hot water again. I would NOT recommend a State unit to anyone!