Consumer Reviews of State water heaters

Read more about State water heaters

Date created: 2014-09-23 Name: Mark
Location: Harrisonburg, VA

"Still working"
Had mine installed when the house was built, summer of 1989. Never had a problem, still working fine.

Date created: 2014-09-15 Name: aka Don't buy me

"Bunk"
Dealer replaced 75-gallon heater. 8 months later, the pilot started going out. The dealer replaced the thermocouple. That didn't fix it. They replaced the gas valve. That didn't fix it. The dealer suggested I call the gas company to check the pressure on the gas line. The gas company asked if I could hear a click about 30 seconds after the pilot went out. Answer is yes. The gas company said it's not a gas pressure problem. They came out and checked the gas pressure. Normal range. There is no gas pressure blowing out the pilot. They looked at the heater. The gas pipe at the bolt was loose and would not seat properly, causing propane to leak at the seal where thecold section of thermocouple should be. The gas company checked the seal by sparking a match at the seal point where the orifice bolt connects to the orifice. It caught on fire because propane was coming out. It was improperly sealed. The plumbers are not convinced the orifice doesn't have enough threading to seat the orifice properly. The plumbers are replacing the entire heater.

Date created: 2014-09-15 Name: R. Brooks
Location: Fort Myers, FL

"State electric condo water heater"
Have had a State condo electric water heater for 13 years. Zero problems. Replacing it now as a matter of proactive maintenance.

Date created: 2014-09-15 Name: Hilton
Location: Greensburg, PA

"I hate this company and water heater"
Every year I spend $300 for an electric control box.

Date created: 2014-06-13 Name: MiTer
Location: Near Sacramento CAL

"31 years"
This water heater was made in 1983. I have had it for many years. Friday the 13th 2014 it had a small leak on the output. It had just started to get water on the floor when I noticed it. It was a 40 gal lp water heater. Maybe I got lucky or maybe they made things better 30 years ago. I think things for the first 3 decades then on Friday the 13th 2014, then it decided to retire. Hope I can find a good one, now manufacturers make things so disposable (6 year) - like a paper cup.

Date created: 2014-06-08 Name: Aaron west
Location: Florence, ky

"Satisfied with State"
I had a State water heater installed on 6/6/11 and have had no problems with it.

Date created: 2014-05-05 Name: PThom
Location: Lincoln, NE

"Obnoxiously Loud"
This heater is horrible. I called the company and they said as long as you are getting hot water (which I am) then there is nothing they will do. It is louder than my furnace and it heats up about every 2 hours. I dread seeing my water bill. If you have a choice, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WATER HEATER. They don't stand behind their product, they just don't care.

Date created: 2014-04-29 Name: T. Grigsby
Location: Katy, Texas

"High Cost of Ownership"
Since our purchase of the State Water Heater in 11-11-11, we have had to replace the door sensor on 8-1-12, the first Honeywell gas control valve on 5-16-13, and the second Honeywell gas control valve on 4-21-14. State has free replacement of parts for six years, but the cost to have an authorized service provider replace the three items to date is $497.18. It also seems the parts always go out on a weekend or holiday. This is my first State Water Heater and will be my last. When State was contacted by my wife, the reply was that all parts are guaranteed. Cost of ownership of this product is too high!

Date created: 2014-01-22 Name: william netherland
Location: Cary, NC 27511

"Buyer beware! Less than 4 Years and major water damage"
Purchased and installed 4/19/2010, failed 1/19/2014. Thousands of dollars in damage, flooring, sheetrock, fixtures and furniture damaged or destroyed. All caused by poor workmanship, both the upper and lower heater elements were found to be loose, it blew from the lower element. Water heater was located in a upstairs office condo, flooded upstairs flooring and downstairs. State Industries simply stated, 1 year warranty for commercial use, 6 year residential, sorry you have a issue. Issue? Now is time to seek any and all legal remedy, either thru our insurance company or as a separate party.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: Nazir Abid
Location: Hayward,CA

"World poorest quality water heater"
I have never experienced and faced that poor quality water heater in my life, i have several properties and most of the time the water heater last for at least 10-15 years,but brand died just after 6.5 years and manufacture wont take responsibilities for any replacement instead blame on the builder of the house who choose this product,its shame for this company and fortunately the label says, made in the USA. Please never buy any product from this company.They are not reliable producers of products....God Bless America..