Consumer Reviews of Seisco water heaters

Read more about Seisco water heaters

Date created: 2017-04-21 Name: Marshall Medlock
Location: Arkansas

"Don't buy it!"
Known issue with leaky chambers for years and years and they still don't fix it. Not only that, they look for loopholes to avoid standing behind their product. They jump at the chance to charge people for replacement parts and units that should be warrantied. They are the definition of bad business. I purchased my unit not quite 3 years ago. It's already trash. Last Monday, after the whole weekend without hot water, I contacted warranty support. Because I couldn't find my original receipt, they wanted to charge me for a new unit, even though they were able to easily confirm the unit was manufactured in 2014 by the serial number. I bit the bullet and made the order, just because I didn't want to have to re-do my electricity and storage room to go with something else. I was promised that I would have the new unit by the next Friday and that I would get confirmation and tracking info by wed. Wed. came and went with no contact and the unit did not arrive on Friday. When I called to see what was going on, they told me "oh yeah, sorry. It's on back order and we can't tell you when we'll have it." NO attempt at all of making situation right. Very little research will show you that this is the norm for Seisco.

Date created: 2017-03-13 Name: Richard S
Location: Dallas, TX

"DO NOT BUY SEISCO"
Purchased the ra-32, supposedly the better model. I have had it for a year and two months and have had nothing but problems from day 1. One month after having it installed ($800 for the unit, plus $3500 to have the power run and installation) it went out spontaneously. I called tech support, she said she would be sending me a new control panel. Never came. I had a lot going on at the time so I just let it be. I was able to get the hot water to come on again when it tripped by flipping the breakers on and off. This happened at least twice a week for almost six months before I decided to call back. They sent me another control panel and then stopped responding to emails when I asked about warranty compensation and what local techs are able to swap out the control panel. Their manager Sarah Thompson is the one who stopped replying to simple questions over email. That was a week and 5 days ago when it was last repaired. Now the unit is out again. I was told to "keep an eye on it", as if that's going to fix it. Oh, and Sarah is conveniently gone on vacation now. So... I asked for Sarah's supervisor at A.O. Smith (the owners of Seisco). They refused to give me his info saying they have to check with Sarah first to see if it's okay. I finally got the guy's name, Augustine Baik. No way to contact other than email. By the way, my wife is 2 weeks overdue pregnant and extremely uncomfortable. I tried making a warm bath for her last night and couldn't do it because the water heater went out again. Do not buy from Seisco! I'm warning you.

Date created: 2016-12-23 Name: Renee
Location: Texas

"Better to just throw your money in the trash than to buy a Seisco Tankless Water Heater"
Don't waste your money or your time with this company. I have had a Seisco Endless Hot Water Supply Model #28 for 2.5 years. It has needed repairs 4 times. This time, there are no repair parts available. Seisco has left me, and many other customers according to my plumber, without replacement parts to repair their hot water heaters for over a month. Do you really want to buy a product from a company that won't even provide replacement parts to repair their faulty machines? And as if this weren't bad enough, Seisco's customer service has also made weekly false claims about when repair parts will be available, they have sent me false FedEx tracking numbers for repair parts they have "shipped" and stolen my money for repair parts that they did not ship. Like I said at the beginning, don't waste your money or your time with this company.

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: Star G.
Location: Frederick, Md

"Repeated Leaking"
For the 4th time in 10 years, our Seisco tankless water heater has leaked. The 3rd time it leaked (within the warranty period), we paid to have the unit replaced by an "upgraded" model that Seisco provided at a discount. This "upgraded" unit is 6 years old and it has now leaked as well. The bracket as well as the top of each chamber shows rust, although the first chamber is the most problematic. Seisco is now offering to replace the unit at a discount. I am appalled that they won't just replace it, although I truly have no confidence in this product. Given my experience, I would recommend steering clear of the Seisco tankless water heaters.

Date created: 2016-01-13 Name: walt g
Location: South Texas

"Seisco tankless"
I purchased three Seisco tankless water heaters and so far I'm not happy. All three have had problems, Seisco tech service either hangs up on me when I try to get help or puts me on hold for hours. I would not advise purchasing Seisco brand.

Date created: 2012-10-30 Name: Hilda Purdy
Location: Florida

"Home owner"
I am on my second unit it caught fire could have burned my home down, the company has not been very helpful to replace it. Trying to charge me for a new unit when its the system that is defective I now have no hot water or heat so air for my home have to pay an electrician, plumber and get a new unit. We are very upset .