Consumer Reviews of RUUD water heaters

Read more about RUUD water heaters

Date created: 2015-12-20 Name: H. Motley
Location: Springfield, MO

"2 year new installation"
I cannot believe that this new unit quit after 2 years in a new home installation. I called technical support for advise on parts in my home area, of course the only contacts were contractors (which did not have any parts stocked), and Home Depot that only sells the thermocouple (t/c). Described unit issue, and they said replace the t/c, but I described the issue of pilot lighting and the unit would work for about 8-15 minutes, then the flame would go out. I was pretty sure that the gas control was the failure that needed to be addressed. They "Next Day" the t/c and I replaced it, same issue after new t/c installation. Called technical support again, then they decided it was the gas control valve. Wow - now I had to wait another 2-3 days for replacement. I would not recommend the purchase of a Rheem or Ruud product if you cannot get parts readily available in your area.

Date created: 2015-05-28 Name: Russ
Location: Buffalo, NY

"Ditto Tom's comment"
$1500, and it died 6 months after the 6-year warranty expired. Replaced it with an A.O. Smith unit. Never will I recommend Ruud to anyone.

Date created: 2012-10-22 Name: Tom O'Brien
Location: Foxboro Mass

"My Ruud water heater died after just 6 and a half years"
Bought my Ruud water heater in April 2006. It had to be unplugged and plugged back in many times during the time we had it because the water would get cold. Then yesterday we find water all over the floor after just a little over six years and we had the six year warranty wouldn't you know. Had to do the usual clean up and buy a new water heater (not a Ruud!) today for 1100 dollars. Six and a half years?!!!!!! I would NOT recommend purchasing a Ruud water Heater.

Date created: 2010-09-15 Name: Cynthia Beauclair

"The themometer"
The stick that measures the heat, keeps on disintegrating, I know I have hard water, but this has never happened so often.

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Heidi Hogan

"Never Disappointed"
I've had my ruud in the attic servicing my famiy's needs for the last 15 years and have hardly even given it a thought-THAT'S a dependable water heater. If this unit ever does give up the ghost on us, I'll surely have another ruud installed.