Consumer Reviews of Rinnai water heaters

Read more about Rinnai water heaters

Date created: 2014-10-21 Name: J. Smith
Location: Florida

"Should have flushed my money down the toilet"
After 14 months, the unit stopped working. A licensed plumber checked it out and confirmed that the gas line installation was right. When I contacted Rinnai for help, they would not help a bit; they merely tried to pass the problem to another tech. They will not help the homeowner for any reason to solve the problem. The big lie is "it is a gas appliance and an 'unlicensed' person". I think I failed to mention that I am an engineer. Perhaps Rinnai feels that I need a license for my propane grill, or to refuel my car. And forget getting parts - it appears that you can't buy parts without their approval. I could have saved myself the time and frustration flushing my money down the toilet.

Date created: 2013-12-22 Name: J. Lewis
Location: Balnarring, Vic

"Infinity"
Our water heater purchased nearly three years ago has been working very satisfactorily until on 20 December it started to give problems. The water was hot for about 30 seconds then went cold. Our main problem was trying to contact Rinnai. All their phone numbers were not answering including the emergency no. for faults. They appear to have shut down all services till early January. This is appalling service. They should at least have a hotline for answering emergency calls. We will be having family staying over Christmas and need plenty of hot water.

Date created: 2013-07-08 Name: Chris
Location: Jackson nj

"I Have a Rinnai R94LSi Tankless Water Heater"
I have a Rinnai R94LSi tankless water heater that was installed 4 years ago. It is now leaking water all over. I spoke with Rinnai over the course of the last 5 days and they are absolutely no help in helping me fix the issue which is under warranty. All the plumbers that they gave me to service the unit tell me they won't take them apart. So now, I have to replace the unit. Definitely not with a Rinnai at my own expense. Thanks Rinnai for nothing.

Date created: 2012-06-02 Name: Marie
Location: Canada

"Rinnai venting pipes corrode"
The system worked fine until year 5. I started to notice a black grainy substance accumulating in the condensate pipe. I called in a Rinnai trained serviceman. Turns out the inside pipe of the concentric pipe is made from aluminum & had started to corrode. This will then allow the incoming cold air to mix with the outgoing hot air & will jeopardize the useful life of the system. These pipes are extremely expensive & Rinnai would not stand behind their product. Very disappointing.

Date created: 2012-01-27 Location: Paso Robles, CA

"Rinnai tankless heater worth the extra money."
Ive owned the Rennai RC98i for three years now and it has proved to be a faithful addition to our house. We are on a propane tank and with the expense of propane it was important to us to conserve as much fuel as possible. There is no pilot light so you don't have the constant expense of keeping a pilot going. Also you have no tank of water to maintain at a constant temperature. Another benefit is it can be installed on an exterior wall. There are no anodes to replace and maintenance is minimal. Another nice feature is having a remote temperature control located in our bathroom. You can set the temp where most comfortable and just open the hot water wide open, no adjusting the temperature in the shower. One drawback is the initial cost of around 1600 which i'm sure will be offset by the savings in gas bills. The other drawback is it doesn't work in a power outage so you have no reserve tank of hot water to fall back on. These issues aside I would definitely recommend to anyone. We have had absolutely no problems with this unit whatsoever.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Essex Junction, VT

"Tankless Rinnai water heater works great for us"
We really like our Rinnai tankless water heater. We had it installed about two years ago and have had no trouble with it. We have a Jacuzzi tub in one bathroom, so the original water heater was oversized. We never had any problems with running out of hot water before, but we heard stories from our neighbors about their water heaters failing. So we decided to replace ours before having that bad experience of waking up with no hot water " or worse " a basement full of water. The immediate benefit was freeing up quite a bit of space in our basement. The tankless heater fits on a wall of the basement in about the same space as an electric panel. Another benefit is endless hot water. You can't run out of hot water because the water gets heated as it goes through the pipe. But the biggest benefit we saw was the reduction in our gas bill. Even with teenage boys in the house taking long showers, our gas bill is much less than it was with the old water heater. We have recommended "going tankless" to friends and neighbors.

Date created: 2011-02-08 Name: tammy
Location: ontario canada

"Love this system"
I had a tankless put in 2 years ago and i love this system. It supplies no problem to my showers my infloor heat at the same time. Would say this is much better then a regular water tank. and its small and quite.

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: R. Burton

"Why did I wait so long?"
I finally installed a tankless water heater. If I would have known how much better this is, I would have done it sooner. The Rinnai heater works well, is reasonably quiet, and gives me all the hot water I need and more. Expect my gas bills will be lower, and the tax credit for installation was a great bonus.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Michael Rockwell

"Best Water Heater Ever"
I bought a Rinnai water heater about two years ago. It has been a really effiecient money saver cutting down on gas bills tremendoulsy. We have plenty of hot water, and it heats up very quickly. Even better, when taking a shower, someone can turn the water on in another room or flush , and there is no chance in temperature. It's one of the best energy efficient investments I have made.