Consumer Reviews of Richmond water heaters

Read more about Richmond water heaters

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Kim H.
Location: Schaumburg, IL

"Don't waste your money on this product"
We bought this Richmond Hot Water Heater 6 years ago, this is the 2nd time that the unit malfunctioned. Seems that the dial has popped on the heater, and we have no hot water. Plumber came out, ordered the part through the manufacturer, and took forever to get. 2nd time (last week) it went out again, we were told that the part would go out the next day, and we would have it in 2 days - we waited for a week, and nothing came. I called 1 week later, and they said that the part was back ordered and would ship that day. Richmond's customer service stinks, they didn't care that they didn't even bother to call and inform us of this delay, nor did they seem to care that this is the 2nd time that this part went out and we have no hot water for over a week again! Would never buy this product again! Beware

Date created: 2012-09-17 Name: Unsatisfied customer
Location: Ohio

"Don't waste your money"
My husband and I are on water heater number 2. Both have malfunctioned and leaked and almost started a house fire. I called today and talked to the company and they don't seem to care. Very frustrated and unsatisfied. Where is the quality assurance on this product? Don't waste your money on a Richmond water heater.

Date created: 2012-05-18 Location: Colfax, IA

"Richmond LP Powervent"
I have owned my water heather for around 3 years now. I like that it is a 50 glaoon because I rarely run out of hot water. My old one was only a 20 gallon and it ran out frequently. I also like this water heather because it is more efficiwent than my old electric one was. The only thing I dislike about this water heather is the temperature setting does not have temperatures... Only letters on a scale. I would rather be able to set it at a specific degree level instead of between b and C. I have not had to repair or replace this water heater at any time. I would recomment this to a friend because it works very well, the size is great for my household size (2) and is more efficient than electric. The only reason I would not recommend this to a friend is if they don't need a power vent model, or they do not have gas/lp available at their water heater hook up.

Date created: 2012-04-09 Name: Mr. Paul J. Schriner
Location: Ringold, Oklahoma

"Terrible product/terrible warranty"
Three years ago we purchased a Richmond water heater. We are now on our third unit and it, too, has malfunctioned. We contacted the company and were told to return the unit to the place of purchase for replacement. We are elderly and reside in a rural area and are in no position to be returning a water heater. The Richmond spokesperson said we were "screwed". Think twice before purchasing from this company.

Date created: 2011-12-18 Location: Lake View Terrace, CA

"BEST & MOST RELIABLE WATER HEATER!"
I've owned this water heater for a little over 13 years now. I am very satisfied with this water heater because i've never had any problems with it. Its been very reliable so far. I am excited to know how many more years it'll last til' I have to replace it. There is nothing i dislike about it, i'm just very satisfied as it is. Greatfully I haven't had to have it repaired yet but if i did i think i would rather buy a new one. It is well worth it for the price and for it to last more than 13 years it's a GREAT buy. I have recommended it to family and friends and definetly will continue to do so :). When the day comes that i have to replace it i will definetly buy the same brand if still availiable. For anyone looking into a reliable water heater that can last over 13 year, RICHMOND is the way to go!

Date created: 2011-11-22 Location: New Berlin WI

"In Love with Richmond"
I have had my Richmond water heater the entire time I have lived in my condo, 9 years. I have been very fortunate because it only came with a 6 year guarantee. The water heater was the brand installed when the condo was built so I had no say it what brand it would be, but I have been very happy. It is a 50 gallon tank and it's recover time is short. I can truly say I have never run out of hot water. I have never had any repairs on it either, but since the guarantee is up I am expecting them but I would buy another Richmond for sure.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Knoxville, TN

"Home Water Heater"
We have owned the water heater now for about 4 years. It has some good features in that it keeps a nice heat for both dishwashing and showering, and it has also never had any leaks or major issues tied to it. It does, however, take an extremely long time for the water in any location to heat up. It can take over a minute to to heat slightly for us to wash our hands or to take a shower, which is a big waste of water. We have not had to do any repairs on the water heater, which is wonderful, but I would worry that sometime soon we may have to make some. I would recommend the brand to someone else as I would assume that in the past 4 years they have likely made corrections to some of the issues related to the water heater. Overall, the water heater does its job and has been reasonably efficient for us.

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: S. Luker
Location: Decatur, IL

"Always hot water"
I purchased a Richmond water heater at Menards several years ago. I haven't had any problems with it. Water heaters last a very long time. I must admit that I haven't cleaned out the sediment on the bottom of the tank as recommended. I especially like the vacation mode setting.