Consumer Reviews of Richmond water heaters

Read more about Richmond water heaters

Date created: 2017-03-08 Name: Dustin Hanson
Location: Sandwich, IL

"Horrible, beware of this product and company"
I have owned my Encore on-demand heater for 2 years. Nothing but issues. About 1 year in we starting having issues with heater shutting down. We would have to reset the heater by powering on every day or so. It took a week of calls to find a service contractor for this heater. Such a pain. Finally the guy came out and repaired it. It worked for a month and cost us 350.00 for the repair. Then started doing it again. I tried to flush the system per Richmond specs for 2 hours with white vinegar. Still no help. Nothing worse than 5-8 times a week getting into a cold shower and having run to the basement to reset when your wet. This thing is a disaster! Called Richmond, wrote emails asking for help and no response,, ever!! They have to the worst customer service company out there. I would never buy again from Richmond. Ever!!

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: Mike L
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"6 year warranty lasted 7 years"
Just replaced my parents Richmond water heater. Mdl 6g40-36f1 40 gallon natural gas. Manufacture date November 2010. Started leaking February 20, 2017. Made it whole 15 months beyond warranty.
Date created: 2017-01-19 Name: T. Sotir
Location: Penn Yan, NY

"Richmond 30 gallon electric water heater"
I purchased a Richmond t2v30-2 30 gallon mobile home water heater 3 years ago. 2 1/2 years later the water heater began to leak causing damage. The water heater was covered under warranty but like most mobile home water heaters was very difficult to replace. After 10 months with this replacement water heater the bottom heating element failed causing the unit to overheat and trip the relay. I am disappointed with the longevity of this product and its parts. I have 12 rental units and will not be using Richmond products in the future due to this experience.
Date created: 2017-01-09 Name: B. Sorensen
Location: Western NE

"Terrible"
Thought I was doing the environment good plus the idea of not running out of hot water sounded good. Neither are true. We waste more water hoping that it will start working. I bet it works on the first try 1 in 10. If it does not work we shut water off and turn back on in a couple minutes. The worst part about owning this is when we have company over to visit. We will put up with a lot in the privacy of our own home but when you have to explain to other people how you get hot water it sucks.
Date created: 2016-12-29 Name: R Blazel
Location: Southern Wisconsin

"Tri-Miser Plus 10 year warranty works after 20 year"
I installed a Richmond Tri-Miser Plus on 3-24-96 and it is still working fine on 12-29-16. My well water is very hard but always run a water softener before the water heater. Before my luck runs out, I'm looking to replace it with a Richmond Hybrid 12e50-hp.
Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: K. Gogerty
Location: Lockport, Il

"Garbage water heaters"
2 Richmond (made by Rheem) water heaters were replaced within 18 months, their product is a piece of garbage and Rheem does not back their product with an honest warranty... It will cost you more if you want the warranty to start on the new installation date. Otherwise, they will reimburse you but the warranty reverts back to the installation date of the previous one that malfunctioned. In other words, Rheem does not trust that their product will work properly for 6 years or the warranty would not be an issue! Never again will I purchase a Rheem product. Their customer service is the worst! Very unprofessional.
Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: D Doctor
Location: Warsaw IN

"Good performance"
Have had installed for 1 year now. Has worked with no problems. Fast water temp recovery. Very stable water temp when full flow in shower. Great on energy savings over conventional water heater. Recommend this water heater.
Date created: 2016-11-02 Name: john miles
Location: Milan, IL

"Bad product"
I bought a new Richmond water heater in March 2003 with a 12 year warranty, in January 2009 I was in the bathroom next to the water heater and it exploded through the top and spilled water all over the furnace room and basement. It was replaced by Menards at no cost in March 2009 and had a 12 year warranty also. November 1st, the replacement sprang a leak and spilled water all over the furnace room and basement carpet again. The last one they would not replace and I had to pay for a new one. Do not ever buy a product from this manufacturer.
Date created: 2016-10-24 Name: Chris Olson
Location: West Fargo, ND

"Unreliable equipment with horrible service to match."
Be ready to spend plenty of money fixing this thing. Even though you have a 9 or 12 year warranty on parts, only 1 year of in home labor is covered. I just spent $471.00 repairing a unit manufactured on November 13, 2013. Adding insult to injury, Rheem sent a wrong part after they sent us a bad part the first time. So much wasted time and money with these people - plus we were without water for two entire weeks.
Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Plsno, IL

"Home Water Heater"
I own a Richmond water heater purchased in September of 2012 from Menards. I chose the rating "Neutral" as I am overall happy with the water heater, but approximately two weeks after we purchased the water heater a part on it had to be replaced. Menards did offer to replace the entire water heater for us, but the water heater is in the basement and would have been very cumbersome to move, return, and reinstall. Instead Menards did refund a portion of the purchase price in order to compensate us. In my opinion the water heater is appealing to look at. It is all grey with an overall sleek look. The water heater heats water very quickly. I can wash loads of laundry on hot and still get a hot shower when laundry is done. We have also had up to four people shower back to back with no one running out of hot water in their shower. Due to the fact that this water heater had an issue very early on I would have to think hard about re-purchasing this brand, although it has worked well overall.