Consumer Reviews of Richmond water heaters

Read more about Richmond water heaters

Date created: 2019-04-30 Name: Never Richmond Again
Location: St Louis

"Never Richmond Again"
Tank went bad right at 1 year and 2 weeks. Warranty covered parts only after a year. My plumber said that the unit was bad within an hour of arriving. We called the manufacturer and told them the issue. They decided to send us several other parts to try first. None of these fixed it. After finally replacing all 6 different parts they said the unit was bad. This was after my plumber had to charge me for coming out 7 different times. The plumber was right from the start. Richmond said I was just out of luck even though they were wrong on the parts.

Date created: 2019-02-12 Name: Willie Chatman
Location: Illinois

"Personal"
I purchased the product from Menards and out of the box the did not function. Waiting on a part and a technician to come out to repair. Once opened the manufacturer did not want you to return the unit to the place of purchase as I assume to many are or have been returned in the past? I have been without hot water for almost a week and if this was for my property, I would have to be giving a break on the rent for the inconvenience.
Date created: 2019-02-04 Name: Ed Downs
Location: Nevada County, CA

"Awesome water heater 30 years of service"
I installed this Richmond water heater in my house when I built it nearly 30 years ago. It has never required service and has never been drained. Original anode. Has worked flawlessly. I have never had to think about a water heater for nearly 30 years. It is still working but some corrosion on the top has me concerned. Time to replace now. I wish I could find the exact same model.
Date created: 2019-01-10 Name: Ben Neil
Location: Iowa

"Under warranty"
I did have trouble contacting their warranty department as it had changed from the original date of purchase. After finding the updated warranty contact number online, I contacted their warranty depart by phone and talk to them about the failure. Our water heater's internal tank had failed in a slow leak. The company issued a full warranty claim, at that time I asked their representative about a substitute for the exact model. I was told I could upgrade and pay any additional cost above the current model number which would also allow a full extension of the warranty. This was due to the fact of not having the receipt for the purchase. The manufacture date was on the water heater which was 11.5 years old. I then looked online at Menards to confirm the model. That model was a special order, so I found a similar model that was in stock at a local Menards that had a few updates for higher energy efficiency and at the same price. When I got to Menards I was able to purchase the water heater with the extended warranty including installation. I am happy with the replacement water heater, which is also higher energy efficiency and first-hour rating. I would purchase from this company again in the future. I also have a maintenance plan in place to help maintain the water heater's efficiency and help prolong its life.
Date created: 2018-12-31 Name: Steven
Location: South Dakota

" Deceiving description"
Very disappointed in this water heater. The description is deceiving and the unit will not keep up with a household of 1. Can only take a warm shower of about 15mins water heater set at about 130-140 degrees. Still takes 15/20 mins to recover.
Date created: 2018-09-11 Name: Jesse B.
Location: Black Creek, WI

"Bad Company, poor customer service"
Do not, I repeat, do not buy a water heater with Eco-net display. Our unit was built on 6-28-2018 and failed after a power outage on 9-4-2018. It was told to us by the warranty service company that this was a known issue and the panel had been re-designed. We have decided to remove the water heater and return it to Menards. This is a terrible company to purchase a water heater through; the service is horrendous! It took five days for someone to come on out, and they did not have the part to fix the unit because the company believes that the part is too expensive for their service people to have stocked in their vans. The service man came out on a Saturday, and of course the company is closed, so the part was not able to be ordered until Monday. Unfortunately, the part was out of stock. Since they were out of stock, they said they could replace our entire water heater. Unfortunately, it took three weeks for the custom order to be done through Menards. We were not willing to be without hot water for an additional three weeks, absolutely ridiculous, do not buy from this company! Buyer beware!
Date created: 2018-09-02 Name: SNM122
Location: Ohio

"A Very Nice Water Heater"
I purchased this unit from Menards (on sale) just when my 21 year old AO Smith 80 gallon unit starting going bad. This unit can be programmed by the degree (ours is set at 112 degrees), and has programmable features that allow you to keep track of it even remotely. It is quiet, efficient, has never run out of hot water for up to 4 people, and has a brass quick turn drain valve for easy, dripless flushing for service purposes. All this, plus a 12 year warranty makes for a great unit (plus it's made by Rheem).
Date created: 2018-08-17 Name: [email protected] Geiser
Location: Chilton, WI

"Water Heater Does not Work"
Water heater fails after 2 years. Tech support is terrible. You can do all the things they want and they will come with more and more things to test. They will also leave you on hold for 45 minutes at a time. They make you get heating people out till it costs more than the unit is worth. I will never buy another Richmond hot water again!
Date created: 2018-06-27 Name: R. Ciancaglini
Location: Rushville NY

"Richmond gs Water Heater"
I moved into my brand new house in Upstate New York in August 98. The hot water heater that was in the basement is a Richmond 40 gal gas water heater. I have not replaced it or had any maintenance done on it. I think 20 years for a hot water heater is excellent and when this one decides to give up, I will buy another Richmond without a doubt.
Date created: 2018-04-12 Name: Mike Mokry
Location: Wilmington, IL

"Don't waste your money!!!!"
For anyone considering buying a Richmond Water Heater, especially ones from Menards, please don't! Our brand new electric water heater that we installed on 3/7 has been acting up. It comes with a 2 year in-home full warranty. Called support the other day and they wanted me to do some troubleshooting with a multi-meter, as they assumed the lower heating element might be bad. (From reading online reviews and comments, looks to be a common issue with their product) Said I would rather have someone come onsite to diagnose. Tech came out this morning, and yep, the lower heating element is faulty. Replacement part is being ordered, but can't guarantee overnight delivery, so might be a couple of days before it is received. Had to shut off the water heater, cause it could fry out the upper heating element, so no hot water for the time being. Last time I will ever buy a Richmond product!!