Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Rheem Water Heater"
We became the proud owners of our water heater around 14 months ago when we purchased our house. The water heater was used by the prior owner of this house. We haven't had any repairs. We had it serviced shortly after buying the house for safety purposes. Annual, per our water company's suggestion, we flush the system to prevent sediment build up. We like that our water heater heats the water efficiently when the dial is turned to warm so that our children won't be burned but our dishes, laundry, and showers are still hot enough to do get the job done. It only takes a few seconds after turning the faucet on to get the hot water we need. In a previous house, we sometimes waited minutes to get warm, let alone hot water. We do not have any complaints. We would recommend it to a friend or family member and would purchase the same or more efficient model from the same company.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Albany, NY

"Rheems are worth it!"
This tankless hot water heater is absolutely amazing. It offers great on-demand hot water and it never runs out. Its rather efficient too. It was rather expensive but I think it's worth every cent. Knowing that you always have hot water and knowing that the hot water you have hasn't been sitting in a tank for a long time. Its worth the up front cost and it will save you in the long run.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Fort Rucker, AL

"On-demand is the way to go"
Whether you like being "Green" or just have teenagers who use up all the hot water, the on-demand water heaters are the way to go. I have the Rheem Eco-Sense and I love it. It is Earth conscious because it is tankless -- there is no need to constantly warm water that is not being used. And, because it heats water as you need it, there are no cold showers when you're the last one in the bathroom in the morning. I am not particularly handy, so I did not opt for the self-installation. However, my plumber that installed it last year assured me that I probably could have done it myself. In addition to the satisfaction on the user end, I like having the extra space in my utility room. There is no need to find room for a giant tank water heater. Go green, love your extra space , and love your long hot showers. You won't be disappointed.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Jon Moon
Location: Raymore, MO.

"Tankless"
Rheem is the best water heater on the market. These new tankless water heaters that are out. If you install them in a new house make sure all the hot water lines are insulated. If you are putting them in a older house same thing. If you do not insulate the hot water lines they are not going to be efficient as they say.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Aleyia
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"My Water Heater"
My water heater contantly have been leaking quite often during the last couple of months. I am searching for a bettr brand and I will replace it very soon, with an energy efficient one.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: Chris Pollard
Location: Winfield, AL

"My rheem electirc water heater"
My water heater is average. 40 gallon tank probably to small for a family of 5. Last one I had did not last as long as it should, just bought same kind due to that was what small town store carried. Seems to use to much power to run.

Date created: 2010-09-26 Name: John Peterson
Location: Cottonwood, AZ

"Rheem Fury"
Has been a great water heater for us, no problems in 9 years.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: Dawn Slivinski
Location: Levittown, PA

"Better than oil!"
This is the first water heater I have owned and I love it!

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: Jean Feingold
Location: Gainesville FL

"This is the second Rheem water heater I've owned"
This is the second Rheem water heater I've owned. The first one lasted 26 years, so replacing it with the same brand made sense. The unit is connected to an on/off switch so I control when it heats to conserve energy. While the recovery time is fairly fast, it is a little noisy while heating the water. That does have an advantage, though, because it's easy to tell when the water has reached its maximum temperature.