Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2012-08-13 Location: Bridgewater, NJ

"Rheem, a great water heater for your condominum"
In our condominium, we have a Rheem hot water heater and we have loved it for the past 2 years we have owned our home. We have owned the hot water heater for well over 2 years and have not had one issue with it so far. The best part about it is that we can easily take hot showers right after one another and still have enough hot water left to do dishes and or use the dishwasher without any issues whatsoever. Our neighbors have another brand and have had nothing but issues replacing minor parts just in order to be able to have hot water! We love our Rheem so much that we have recommended it to this neighbor along with anyone else we run into that has ever had an issue with their poorly made hot water heater. There really isn't anything we dislike about it and so far our Rheem has been nothing but a great experience and we always have hot water when we need it!

Date created: 2012-05-11 Location: Griffin, Georgia

"A Dependable Water Heater"
Our Rheem water heater was installed in our house when our house was built in 2002. It is now almost ten years old. Our water heater has never failed us. It is powered by natural gas. It is properly sized for our family. We never run out of hot water even when the dishwasher and washing machine are running with both showers being used. In a household of three adults and three children, this probably happens often. I have never heard a "cold water" complaint. The only thing I can think of to dislike about it is that the temperature knob comes off easily. It is located in our utility room in a tight space. As we move around to do our tasks in the utility room, we sometimes knock the knob off. It goes back on very easily. I have repaired and replaced many water heaters as a maintenance technician. Many were less than ten years old. I have never had to make any repairs on this water heater. After ten years of unfailing service, I will never have any other brand of water heater.

Date created: 2012-01-15 Location: New York, NY

"Fantastic Rheem Water Heater"
Several years ago I purchased a vacation property in upstate NY. The home needed to be restored, and as such, one of the projects I undertook was installing a brand new hot water heater in the basement. I searched around at local stores for a bit before decided on the Rheem RTE13 model. I purchased and installed the heater about 6 years ago and to this day, I have not had one single isssue or problem with it. It has worked continuously since the day I purchased it. I would certainly recommend Rheem as a brand for anybody who is in the market for a new hot water heater. It's a great appliance and will not disappoint you or let you down. Like I said, I've had to do zero repairs or maintenance on it in a 6 year span of time. You can't argue with numbers like those.

Date created: 2011-12-23 Location: Sacramento, CA

"I never thought that I would be so excited about my new water heater. It has made every evening better for me."
Something interesting happened to me the other day. I was talking to a coworker of mine telling her about my new hot water heater. She interrupted me and told me I was way too excited over a water heater. It occurred that she may be right, but let me explain. I had the unfortunate experience of my old water heater breaking on me. I called the plumber I usually use and he came right out and told me he would have it taken care of that same day. He left to gather supplies and returned with a helper, a truck full of tools, and my new Rheem 21DV40N water heater. Up until this point I would run out of hot water in the shower if the dish washer was running. That is now a thing of the past. The new water heater, although the same size, is rated at nearly double the BTU's of my old one. The hot water replenishes itself more rapidly than I can use it. What a change my Rheem 21DV40N has made. I only wish I had upgraded sooner.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Location: South Bend, IN

"Basic water heater does fine job"
We've had this water heater for about nine years now. It heats the water as hot as a person could possibly want it. We've never had a problem at all with the unit itself. There was one instance where there was a problem with the venting but it was unrelated to the actual unit. The water heater is about average efficiency, actually slightly higher than average, as far as energy usage and cost to operate. On the unit itself, it claims to be self-cleaning. That may be so but nonetheless, there is considerable lime buildup in the bottom of ours from running it some years on well water without a water softener. So I would not recommend running it with hard water and no softener or equivalent. Of course, you shouldn't do that with ANY water softener. Anyhow, we were beginning to have problems with lime buildup in the unit until we got an electronic salt-less softener system and that broke up the lime and the problems ceased. Overall, I would say this is a very good water heater. The drain valve which is used to flush or drain the unit is sturdy, easy to turn with a screwdriver, and does not leak. The manufacturer recommends using it once a month to drain a liter or two of water out of the bottom. I see no reason that we wouldn't buy this brand again. There is no indication of any problem with the unit and I expect it to go another ten years without incident.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Location: Killeen, Texas

"Awesome Water Heater"
We built our house 5 years ago and when looking for water heaters we knew that the Rheem Warrior Series heater was the way to go. In our previous home we had a Rheem water heater that was put in 15 years ago and only needed replacing just recently. With that we decided that if our first water heater lasted that long, that we would be crazy not to go with Rheem! We like our Rheem water heater because it gets the job done. We have a family of four and we never run out of hot water. It is so nice to be able to take showers at the same time in different bathrooms and doing other things such as washing clothes or washing dishes without the hot water going out. I definitely will recommend the Rheem Brand water heaters to my friends and family members. There is no other brand out there that does as good of a job for the price and quality of product as Rheem.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"GREAT VALUE - very efficient"
I have only had this water heater for a few months, but I like it. I needed to replace my whole system at the time. My current water heater was so old, it was put in when the house was build, and they don't make parts anymore to fix it. I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient model that would eventually lower my bills. Plus there is the tax rebate. So far, it works great. I have not run out of hot water. It was very important when I had guests staying with me to remain comfortable. I was worried at first, but this made it through multiple hot showers without fail. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to replace their water heater. I think the only con I can think of, was that it was a little more expensive than I was hoping for. However I am hoping that I will get the savings back on my gas bill down the line.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Holbrook, NY

"Energy Efficient and Fast"
I purchased the Rheem EcoSense 9.5 GPM in June, 2011 after a friend (a Master Plumber) said it was time for the old unit to be replaced. It was purchased through his recommendation and it was amazingly. It's very efficient and we never run out of hot water as we did in the past. Although we purchased this only a short period of time, I am confident that it will last a very long time. My only negative about it was the price, but I truly believe that you get what you pay for and I wanted a high quality unit that would also add to value to my home. Since purchasing it, I have recommended it to a few friends, 1 of whom also purchased it. We both have only great things to say about its performance.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Chicago, IL

"Good Enough for a small household"
I have owned this water heater for seven years, since I bought the house. It has performed admirably with little or no maintenance required. It has an excellent recovery period to reheat water, in other words, once it runs out of hot water, it is reloaded to full of hot water within an hour or so. It's capacity for holding hot water is somewhat limited. It is enough for four hot showers or one hot master bath or a dishwasher cycle and a washing machine cylce. It has never required any professional maintenance and I have never had to relight it even with . I would definitely recommend or by this brand again.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Location: Murphy, Nc

"Rheem 81sv52d is a great water heater."
I bought this water heater 15 years ago when we built our house. We got it because it was a low-boy model that would fit in the area under our steps that does not have full headroom height. It has never given us any trouble what so ever. I would buy the same model again, however I might be tempted to get a slightly larger capacity heater. We eventually put in a very large jetted bathtub and when we try to fill it with hot water, we sometimes use all the hot water before the tub is full. Our tub is HUGE however, with a 90 gallon capacity. The recovery time on the water heater is very good and we can simply give it a short break and there is plenty of hot water then.