Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2015-09-29 Location: Westland, MI

"Slightly used, but like new."
Me and my wife bought our first home in August of last year. As with any new homeowner, we were worried about the condition of the appliances that were attached. One of my concerns was the condition of the water heater. It is from 2010 and I am a bit clueless about the lifespan of pretty much any household appliance. After using it for a year now I have to say it performs without any flaws. All of the water throughout the house heats up quickly when we need it and I've never experienced "running out of hot water" after numerous showers. There has never been need for repair and I'm confident that will remain true for a long while. I would recommend this brand for anyone seeking a reliable water heater. When the time comes to replace our water heater, I will certainly buy this brand again. As far as dislikes, I would have to say it is that the model year is not 2015. I'm a little frugal and although I do not know the cost of water heaters, I am expecting to pay a lot when the time comes to buy this brand again.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: Seattle WA

"Energy efficient and reliable quality"
I moved into this house 1 year ago. The previous owner just installed the new gas water heater for us. It works pretty well so far. We haven't had any problem with it yet. It's energy efficient. We always have hot water. Hopefully it's going to last long. My expectation for this new water heater is to last at least 5 years. Sorry I'm not very familiar with water heaters since I'm a new home owner, but 5 years without any problem should be a reasonable expectation, right? Let's say if it broke before that, I would probably not buy the same brand again. So far it's working really well. I actually already recommended it to my friend whose water heater broke about half a year ago. He has the same one now. He is pretty satisfied with it as well. No complaint so far. To conclude, it's a good reliable gas water heater and we are happy about it!
Date created: 2015-07-24 Location: Houston, Texas

"Water Heater for a best friend?"
I own a Rheem storage tank water heater. You really can't lose with this product or this vendor. Everything went much better than I ever expected. The freight delivery was just perfect and extremely fast. I also found it is much quieter than my old one, but hopefully it doesn't rust and become noisy. So far the heater works great and there are no leaks. The heater was easy to put in and easy to light. The recommended setting is plenty hot. This newer water heater is a bit different from my old one. This new heater is a bit taller, but thinner than the old model. It did get dented some along its trip while being delivered but nothing to affect it's operation. I was so happy with the way it works I wouldn't think of swapping it out. Great product! I would definitely recommend this product to a friend or future homeowner. I haven't had to replace it because it's new, but if I had to, my 10-year warranty covers me.
Date created: 2015-07-24 Location: Cleveland, OH

"Rheem dependable, affordable and Powerful"
We have had our hot water heater for about 5 years, replacing our previous heater. Over the years it has become a very dependable heater, heating water to high temperatures in as little as a few seconds. However, when using more than 1 appliance/sink or shower that requires hot water, it does grow cold rather quickly and takes about a half hour to forty-five minutes to heat back up to its usual standards. I would most definitely recommend a Rheem hot water heater to a friend or family and I would buy the same heater again. It's dependable, strong, and very well built, not needing a replacement or a repair in the last five years.
Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Destin florida

"50 gallon rheem water heater"
50 gallon Rheem water heater is seven years old and was moved once during that time for remodeling. It functions normally but we would like to get 4 long consecutive hot showers. We have four women who take a twenty minute long shower each. We only can take two twenty minute consecutive showers; after that, we must wait twenty minutes to get another two consecutive twenty minute showers. Without saying, if using the dishwasher or if someone is washing dishes for twenty minutes, only one person can take a twenty minute shower. The same for baths. Because of this, we have researched a tankless water heater but were unable to find an electric tankless, as gas is out of the question due to the family believing gas is too dangerous. We have the biggest water heater we can fit in the space allotted. We believe this heater is functioning properly but is only good for a two person household. We have always felt that in the twenty first century that continuous hot water for showers, baths, dishwashers washing dishes and sink use all continuous at one time should be functional for the average home owner. It feels like 1960 has never caught up in the hot water heater department. Ae we happy with this inconvenience? No, but we put up with it like everyone else
Date created: 2015-07-16 Location: Delray Beach, FL

"Fifty Gallon Rheem Boiler"
I have owned this Rheem 50 gallon water heater for roughly five years, and it has been pretty decent the whole time. I got a great deal on it at the time so that helped me make the decision to buy, in addition to Rheem's positive reputation. Overall, it has helped me reduce my energy costs because it is insulated more effectively than some previous brands I have owned. It is also very easy to adjust the temperature by removing a small panel on the side. Since I have installed it, I have had no issues with leaks or noises coming from the unit. When using hot water it the house, the response time is very quick. We are a family of four and we rarely, if ever, run out of hot water, even after several showers. Overall I would highly recommend this to any homeowners looking for a 50 gallon water heater.
Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: Charleston, SC

"Great Water Heater for the Price"
We purchased our home with this water heater in it. We were a little concerned because the previous home-owner had actually bought it used (a big no no for water heaters in general). The closing agent suggested that we stipulate that if the water heater developed mechanical issues within the first 24 months, the previous homeowner would be responsible for replacing it. They agreed and now, we've hit the 24-mo mark with no issues whatsoever. In a house where 4 people like to take very hot and long showers, it seems to either have an endless supply or is very quick in heating it up. Also, I understand that it was actually a very good deal. A family was demolishing their old house in the hopes of selling it to a nearby farm and, as they were moving to a pre-built, they weren't in need of it anymore. We couldn't be happier with this water heater and look forward to many more happy years with it!
Date created: 2015-05-08 Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Rheem model 81SV30D B review"
I am very satisfied with my Rheem water heater. I have never had to repair or replace it. I have owned it for 10 years and it is older than that. It was here for years before I bought my home. It keeps the water as hot as I want it. It is very easy to set. I would absolutely recommend this boiler to anyone, including any of my friends. It had a six year warranty for parts and labor. It holds 30 gallons and runs at 4500 W. It has a diameter of 17 inches, and a height of 44 inches. It is an extremely well-built residential electrical product. When the hot water is exhausted, which takes at least 30 minutes, it very quickly heats the water so that it becomes very hot again. Even with the dishwasher on and the shower on at the same time there is always plenty of hot water. Every water heater should be as reliable and dependable as this one is.
Date created: 2015-05-05 Location: South San Francisco, CA

"My boiler is great. Very long lasting and dependable."
I've had this boiler for over a year now. I like that it has an electronic diagnostic gas valve that monitors my system. The one thing I dislike about it is the color. I wish it came in white. I heard from a friend that this is a good brand so I bought one to replace my old boiler. So far it is holding up as expected. Our family uses a lot of hot water so we turn it up to the maximum setting. It boils the water fast and we like it very much. Right now it is installed in our garage and barely takes up anymore space than our old boiler. This new boiler seems to save us on our gas bill too because I've notice that our energy bill went down quite a bit. Overall I would recommend this boiler to anybody that's in the market to purchase one. Just be sure to check if the place you buy from delivers for free because it is quite heavy and you don't want a big delivery bill along with it.
Date created: 2015-04-10 Location: Saint Marys, GA

"Satisfactory Experience with my Rheem RTE 13"
I am extremely pleased with my Rheem RTE 13. I have owned it for a year and a half and it has functioned better than any other water heater I've owned. It is able to provide plenty of power for several hours at a time, allowing me to simultaneously do laundry and dishes, even if someone else is using hot water in a shower or bath. I never have problems anymore with running out of hot water before I'm done with it. The water heater has functioned seamlessly the entire time I've owned it. It never has had any issues with overheating or needing repairs. It is holding out physically very well with no signs of wear or rust or anything like that. I feel confident that it will last me many more years in my home and I would highly recommend Rheem water heaters to any new homeowner or renter.