Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2012-01-15 Location: New York, NY

"Fantastic Rheem Water Heater"
Several years ago I purchased a vacation property in upstate NY. The home needed to be restored, and as such, one of the projects I undertook was installing a brand new hot water heater in the basement. I searched around at local stores for a bit before decided on the Rheem RTE13 model. I purchased and installed the heater about 6 years ago and to this day, I have not had one single isssue or problem with it. It has worked continuously since the day I purchased it. I would certainly recommend Rheem as a brand for anybody who is in the market for a new hot water heater. It's a great appliance and will not disappoint you or let you down. Like I said, I've had to do zero repairs or maintenance on it in a 6 year span of time. You can't argue with numbers like those.

Date created: 2011-12-23 Location: Sacramento, CA

"I never thought that I would be so excited about my new water heater. It has made every evening better for me."
Something interesting happened to me the other day. I was talking to a coworker of mine telling her about my new hot water heater. She interrupted me and told me I was way too excited over a water heater. It occurred that she may be right, but let me explain. I had the unfortunate experience of my old water heater breaking on me. I called the plumber I usually use and he came right out and told me he would have it taken care of that same day. He left to gather supplies and returned with a helper, a truck full of tools, and my new Rheem 21DV40N water heater. Up until this point I would run out of hot water in the shower if the dish washer was running. That is now a thing of the past. The new water heater, although the same size, is rated at nearly double the BTU's of my old one. The hot water replenishes itself more rapidly than I can use it. What a change my Rheem 21DV40N has made. I only wish I had upgraded sooner.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Location: South Bend, IN

"Basic water heater does fine job"
We've had this water heater for about nine years now. It heats the water as hot as a person could possibly want it. We've never had a problem at all with the unit itself. There was one instance where there was a problem with the venting but it was unrelated to the actual unit. The water heater is about average efficiency, actually slightly higher than average, as far as energy usage and cost to operate. On the unit itself, it claims to be self-cleaning. That may be so but nonetheless, there is considerable lime buildup in the bottom of ours from running it some years on well water without a water softener. So I would not recommend running it with hard water and no softener or equivalent. Of course, you shouldn't do that with ANY water softener. Anyhow, we were beginning to have problems with lime buildup in the unit until we got an electronic salt-less softener system and that broke up the lime and the problems ceased. Overall, I would say this is a very good water heater. The drain valve which is used to flush or drain the unit is sturdy, easy to turn with a screwdriver, and does not leak. The manufacturer recommends using it once a month to drain a liter or two of water out of the bottom. I see no reason that we wouldn't buy this brand again. There is no indication of any problem with the unit and I expect it to go another ten years without incident.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Location: Killeen, Texas

"Awesome Water Heater"
We built our house 5 years ago and when looking for water heaters we knew that the Rheem Warrior Series heater was the way to go. In our previous home we had a Rheem water heater that was put in 15 years ago and only needed replacing just recently. With that we decided that if our first water heater lasted that long, that we would be crazy not to go with Rheem! We like our Rheem water heater because it gets the job done. We have a family of four and we never run out of hot water. It is so nice to be able to take showers at the same time in different bathrooms and doing other things such as washing clothes or washing dishes without the hot water going out. I definitely will recommend the Rheem Brand water heaters to my friends and family members. There is no other brand out there that does as good of a job for the price and quality of product as Rheem.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"GREAT VALUE - very efficient"
I have only had this water heater for a few months, but I like it. I needed to replace my whole system at the time. My current water heater was so old, it was put in when the house was build, and they don't make parts anymore to fix it. I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient model that would eventually lower my bills. Plus there is the tax rebate. So far, it works great. I have not run out of hot water. It was very important when I had guests staying with me to remain comfortable. I was worried at first, but this made it through multiple hot showers without fail. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to replace their water heater. I think the only con I can think of, was that it was a little more expensive than I was hoping for. However I am hoping that I will get the savings back on my gas bill down the line.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Holbrook, NY

"Energy Efficient and Fast"
I purchased the Rheem EcoSense 9.5 GPM in June, 2011 after a friend (a Master Plumber) said it was time for the old unit to be replaced. It was purchased through his recommendation and it was amazingly. It's very efficient and we never run out of hot water as we did in the past. Although we purchased this only a short period of time, I am confident that it will last a very long time. My only negative about it was the price, but I truly believe that you get what you pay for and I wanted a high quality unit that would also add to value to my home. Since purchasing it, I have recommended it to a few friends, 1 of whom also purchased it. We both have only great things to say about its performance.

Date created: 2011-12-02 Location: Chicago, IL

"Good Enough for a small household"
I have owned this water heater for seven years, since I bought the house. It has performed admirably with little or no maintenance required. It has an excellent recovery period to reheat water, in other words, once it runs out of hot water, it is reloaded to full of hot water within an hour or so. It's capacity for holding hot water is somewhat limited. It is enough for four hot showers or one hot master bath or a dishwasher cycle and a washing machine cylce. It has never required any professional maintenance and I have never had to relight it even with . I would definitely recommend or by this brand again.

Date created: 2011-12-01 Location: Murphy, Nc

"Rheem 81sv52d is a great water heater."
I bought this water heater 15 years ago when we built our house. We got it because it was a low-boy model that would fit in the area under our steps that does not have full headroom height. It has never given us any trouble what so ever. I would buy the same model again, however I might be tempted to get a slightly larger capacity heater. We eventually put in a very large jetted bathtub and when we try to fill it with hot water, we sometimes use all the hot water before the tub is full. Our tub is HUGE however, with a 90 gallon capacity. The recovery time on the water heater is very good and we can simply give it a short break and there is plenty of hot water then.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Colorado Springs, CO

"Rheem Water Heater"
We became the proud owners of our water heater around 14 months ago when we purchased our house. The water heater was used by the prior owner of this house. We haven't had any repairs. We had it serviced shortly after buying the house for safety purposes. Annual, per our water company's suggestion, we flush the system to prevent sediment build up. We like that our water heater heats the water efficiently when the dial is turned to warm so that our children won't be burned but our dishes, laundry, and showers are still hot enough to do get the job done. It only takes a few seconds after turning the faucet on to get the hot water we need. In a previous house, we sometimes waited minutes to get warm, let alone hot water. We do not have any complaints. We would recommend it to a friend or family member and would purchase the same or more efficient model from the same company.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Frederick Maryland

"A review of the Rheem Water heater"
After living in my home for approximately six months, my old water heater stopped working completely. We called a technician to our home to have a look and ensure that it couldn't be fixed and he began the process of replacing the unit. He drained the unit first and then proceeded to replace with the new unit. The new unit is a Rheem Water heater, Energy Miser and is wonderful. I've had no issues with losing hot water after 3 showers, doing laundry and running the dishwasher. No longer do we have to wait until the water is heated again in order to be able to take a shower. It works great. The last unit we had was very loud, however this new unit is quiet and is running very smoothly. I was concerned with the initial temperature that the unit was set to, as I did not want anyone in my home to be burned, however, it is currently set to a higher temperature, as recommended by the manufacturer, and we have had no issues with it at all. I would highly recommend this water heater to anyone who is thinking of purchasing a new one or someone who is in need of replacement.