Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: North Las Vegas Nevada

"A review on the Rheem Prestige"
I really do believe Rheem RTGH-DV ofers an energy efficient means to provide hot water for my home. I enjoy the 5-Year Limited Parts Warranty, the fact it has an Energy Star qualification, and a freeze protection to -30. It comes with 19 feet of thermostat wire, is capable at altitudes of 9480 feet and is quite easy to service. It evens comes with a 10 foot power cord. I've had no problems with it since I've used it.

Date created: 2015-10-27 Name: Ann
Location: Columbus, OH

"Rotten egg smell from new Rheem electric heater"
Bought an electric Rheem water heater from Home Depot. From the day it was installed we noticed a rotten egg smell from the hot water (cold water was OK). Numerous calls to Rheem tech service were confusing: told to "replace" anode, buy a chlorination system (boy does that cost big bucks), install a UV light system. Guys! This is a new tank. No one told us we'd need auxiliary systems on a new appliance. Rheem will insist it's nothing with their tank. They insist it must be your water. The "old" tank which was AO Smith lasted 22 years without a service call and no rotten smells. Never buy a Rheem product! And Home Depot: Start carrying a different product: Rheem stinks literally!

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Gainesville, Fl

"Great water heater with a great price."
I have had this water heater for around 4 months and I bought it due to the one in my house actually going out. I love the speed at which the water is heated as it is almost triple what my old water heater did. The price is the only thing I can dislike, as it is a bit steep, but I can see me not having to repair this for some years. I am actually remodeling some houses and will be using Rheem for them. I have also told my cousin to buy this since his is on edge. I think this is the perfect water heater if you are looking for nice speed and an okay price, and I have tried many different water heaters as I am a Home Remodeler and do this for a living. Have a great day and I hope you enjoy your product very much.

Date created: 2015-09-29 Location: Westland, MI

"Slightly used, but like new."
Me and my wife bought our first home in August of last year. As with any new homeowner, we were worried about the condition of the appliances that were attached. One of my concerns was the condition of the water heater. It is from 2010 and I am a bit clueless about the lifespan of pretty much any household appliance. After using it for a year now I have to say it performs without any flaws. All of the water throughout the house heats up quickly when we need it and I've never experienced "running out of hot water" after numerous showers. There has never been need for repair and I'm confident that will remain true for a long while. I would recommend this brand for anyone seeking a reliable water heater. When the time comes to replace our water heater, I will certainly buy this brand again. As far as dislikes, I would have to say it is that the model year is not 2015. I'm a little frugal and although I do not know the cost of water heaters, I am expecting to pay a lot when the time comes to buy this brand again.

Date created: 2015-08-27 Location: Seattle WA

"Energy efficient and reliable quality"
I moved into this house 1 year ago. The previous owner just installed the new gas water heater for us. It works pretty well so far. We haven't had any problem with it yet. It's energy efficient. We always have hot water. Hopefully it's going to last long. My expectation for this new water heater is to last at least 5 years. Sorry I'm not very familiar with water heaters since I'm a new home owner, but 5 years without any problem should be a reasonable expectation, right? Let's say if it broke before that, I would probably not buy the same brand again. So far it's working really well. I actually already recommended it to my friend whose water heater broke about half a year ago. He has the same one now. He is pretty satisfied with it as well. No complaint so far. To conclude, it's a good reliable gas water heater and we are happy about it!

Date created: 2015-07-24 Location: Houston, Texas

"Water Heater for a best friend?"
I own a Rheem storage tank water heater. You really can't lose with this product or this vendor. Everything went much better than I ever expected. The freight delivery was just perfect and extremely fast. I also found it is much quieter than my old one, but hopefully it doesn't rust and become noisy. So far the heater works great and there are no leaks. The heater was easy to put in and easy to light. The recommended setting is plenty hot. This newer water heater is a bit different from my old one. This new heater is a bit taller, but thinner than the old model. It did get dented some along its trip while being delivered but nothing to affect it's operation. I was so happy with the way it works I wouldn't think of swapping it out. Great product! I would definitely recommend this product to a friend or future homeowner. I haven't had to replace it because it's new, but if I had to, my 10-year warranty covers me.

Date created: 2015-07-24 Location: Cleveland, OH

"Rheem dependable, affordable and Powerful"
We have had our hot water heater for about 5 years, replacing our previous heater. Over the years it has become a very dependable heater, heating water to high temperatures in as little as a few seconds. However, when using more than 1 appliance/sink or shower that requires hot water, it does grow cold rather quickly and takes about a half hour to forty-five minutes to heat back up to its usual standards. I would most definitely recommend a Rheem hot water heater to a friend or family and I would buy the same heater again. It's dependable, strong, and very well built, not needing a replacement or a repair in the last five years.

Date created: 2015-07-17 Location: Destin florida

"50 gallon rheem water heater"
50 gallon Rheem water heater is seven years old and was moved once during that time for remodeling. It functions normally but we would like to get 4 long consecutive hot showers. We have four women who take a twenty minute long shower each. We only can take two twenty minute consecutive showers; after that, we must wait twenty minutes to get another two consecutive twenty minute showers. Without saying, if using the dishwasher or if someone is washing dishes for twenty minutes, only one person can take a twenty minute shower. The same for baths. Because of this, we have researched a tankless water heater but were unable to find an electric tankless, as gas is out of the question due to the family believing gas is too dangerous. We have the biggest water heater we can fit in the space allotted. We believe this heater is functioning properly but is only good for a two person household. We have always felt that in the twenty first century that continuous hot water for showers, baths, dishwashers washing dishes and sink use all continuous at one time should be functional for the average home owner. It feels like 1960 has never caught up in the hot water heater department. Ae we happy with this inconvenience? No, but we put up with it like everyone else

Date created: 2015-07-16 Location: Delray Beach, FL

"Fifty Gallon Rheem Boiler"
I have owned this Rheem 50 gallon water heater for roughly five years, and it has been pretty decent the whole time. I got a great deal on it at the time so that helped me make the decision to buy, in addition to Rheem's positive reputation. Overall, it has helped me reduce my energy costs because it is insulated more effectively than some previous brands I have owned. It is also very easy to adjust the temperature by removing a small panel on the side. Since I have installed it, I have had no issues with leaks or noises coming from the unit. When using hot water it the house, the response time is very quick. We are a family of four and we rarely, if ever, run out of hot water, even after several showers. Overall I would highly recommend this to any homeowners looking for a 50 gallon water heater.

Date created: 2015-05-29 Location: Charleston, SC

"Great Water Heater for the Price"
We purchased our home with this water heater in it. We were a little concerned because the previous home-owner had actually bought it used (a big no no for water heaters in general). The closing agent suggested that we stipulate that if the water heater developed mechanical issues within the first 24 months, the previous homeowner would be responsible for replacing it. They agreed and now, we've hit the 24-mo mark with no issues whatsoever. In a house where 4 people like to take very hot and long showers, it seems to either have an endless supply or is very quick in heating it up. Also, I understand that it was actually a very good deal. A family was demolishing their old house in the hopes of selling it to a nearby farm and, as they were moving to a pre-built, they weren't in need of it anymore. We couldn't be happier with this water heater and look forward to many more happy years with it!