Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2016-12-30 Name: Bucky culbertson
Location: Morristown, TN

"Never again"
Never again. Simply Whirlpool again now. Shouldn't have strayed.

Date created: 2016-12-23 Name: S. Hammond
Location: The Woodlands TX

"Rheem sucks"
Two years ago we had a new Rheem water heater installed to replace a fully functioning 16-year-old GE model. We felt it was a wise precaution given the age of the old unit which had heavy use. After two years the safety valve failed. $100 later a new valve was installed. That lasted one week before failing. The diagnosis now is a failed heating unit, which apparently is running too hot. This unit is two years old, come on Rheem. If you are considering Rheem, don't bother.

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: S.
Location: Calif

"Dishonest warranty registration"
Rheem's warranty registration is dishonest. You are asked to complete and mail a warranty insert, or complete it online. When you pick the online version you are asked to enter the date of purchase(10-17-16). However once complete, the site informs you that coverage is based on the date of manufacture(2015). Also, Rheem sends you an email asking to write a review of the purchased item, but delete the post of anything critical.

Date created: 2016-10-24 Name: Stephen Tsoy
Location: San Francisco, CA

"Warranty services"
My "Rheem" water heater was manufactured in March 2015 and installed in my home in April 2015. We found that the pilot light used to get-off and had no hot water starting from mid-October 2016. I had found a licensed plumber to check, they said it is water leakage; but the Rheem technical department staff said it was condensation, not leakage. I had collected more than 4 gallons of water from the bottom pan of the water heater in the past 2 weeks. They didn't even send anybody to come & check, but only insisted it was condensation. I asked them, if they don't come to check, how can they just ---- bala, bala, bala, saying it is not water leakage. And they even blocked my cellphone number from future communications. I hesitate to recommend this product to anybody.

Date created: 2016-07-27 Name: C Hartle
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Bad experience quickly moving to worse"
The hot water heater from Lowe's worked for almost 24 hours. It heated the tank, then quit. Rheem had to send a part but could not say when I would receive it so I couldn't schedule a plumber. Plumber installed it and I had to pay. Now I can't get them to process the reimbursement (which they say takes up to four weeks). Bottom line, after purchasing the hot water heater, I should not have needed to spend more money for repairs. Now it is a fight. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am waiting to hear. They get a lot of complaints so the BBB gives them longer to respond.

Date created: 2016-06-11 Name: gerald bragg
Location: Euclid, OH

"Rip-off"
I live in Euclid, Ohio. The Home Depot and all the plumbers are aware that Euclid has a high water pressure problem. When I purchased my Rheem water heater they said nothing, my tank started leaking immediately. Then the installers come at you with another $400 repair fee. They are giving your product a bad name and its not Rheem's fault.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Venice, FL

"Top Quality Rheem Water Heaters Save Money"
One of the most dependable appliances we own is our Rheem water heater. In the past 7 years we have never had one moment's problem with it. It provides all the hot water we need. This 40-gallon tall unit recovers quickly so that there is not a long wait for hot water to shower in when the laundry and dishwasher are also running. The body of the unit has never rusted or leaked. The quality is amazing. My only criticism would be that I wish I had a slightly smaller unit so that I could put it in a closet or something instead of in the garage. Overall, it is the best appliance in the house and saves us money on repairs and replacements.

Date created: 2016-05-20 Location: Des Moines, IA

"Reliable Water Heater Keeps My Shower Steaming"
I acquired my Rheem water heater when I purchased my home 4 years ago. I'll tell you, I inherited a beauty! With very little maintenance that thing has kept my water piping hot on demand through some pretty brutal changes in season. Nothing really bad about it. I had a tech out one summer for one minor concern, but it was fixed instantly. I've actually recommended the exact model I own to several remodeling projects I've contributed to. Definitely can't go wrong with this brand of Rheem. It's a professional choice for home owners who don't want to tend to leaky water heaters year round.

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Chicago, IL

"Awesome water heater brand!"
I have had this water heater for about 4 years. I had it professionally installed and it's absolutely amazing. It always seems to have hot water available, and I do love my long hot showers. I have yet to have a single problem with it, as it still runs like I just bought it. I'm sure it will run perfectly fine for the next few years. I would totally buy other Rheem brands, I might consider a smaller unit as I think this one is too big for my current needs, It's a huge water heater, just make sure you have enough clearance for it. I can't complain about the installation or product cost either, good value for everything. If you want a good decent professional water heater, buy a Rheem!

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Watertown, CT

"80 Gallon Electric Boiler"
I've personally owned by water heater for 6 months now (just bought my 10 year old house 6 months ago with this newer boiler). I like it because it heats up water and isn't that loud but I almost hate it because it's constantly heating up 80 gallons of water with electric energy constantly when we don't use 80 gallons of water (wasted energy and money). I haven't replaced it yet, but I will with an on-demand natural gas heater. I would buy the same brand, but not an electric heater. Natural gas is available in my street so I will be switching over as soon as I get approved by the installation company.