Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2017-04-21 Name: Bob
Location: Westminster

"Reliable and effective"
38 gallon, natural gas for a family of four. We set it at 130f. Enough for several consecutive showers - if one waits 15 minutes between. Otherwise, 1 1/2 back-to-back showers. Installed 11/28/2010. Six year parts warranty. Thermocoupler went out 4/20/17 (6 1/2 years) and was replaced for $75. Piezo starter went out same day - not replaced.

Date created: 2017-03-31 Name: Gilbert Dufour
Location: Toronto, Canada

"NOT THE BEST IF YOU WANT FAST HOT WATER"
If you are thinking getting a tankless water tank, then think about it, if it can take up to 75 second to get hot water, and you do not have a recirculation loop in your house, then forget it. The Rheem does not have a buffer tank in the unit. You will have to get install a recirculation bump and a mini water tank beside to keep a certain quantity of hot water to be use until the tank warm up the rest of the water you need. BUT IF YOU GO FOR NEVIEN NPE SERIES YOU WILL NEED JUST THE RECIRCULATION LOOP THAT BRAND HAVE THE BUFFER TANK INSIDE THE UNIT AND YOU HAVE AN APP TO CHANGE. THE TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER FROM ANY WHERE IN YOUR HOUSE. IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD GO FOR THAT ONE AND THE PRICE IS LESS THEN RHEEM AND BETTER GUARANTY. DO NOT TRUST ANY SELLS REPRESENTATIVE WHO COME TO YOUR HOME DO YOU RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY TANKLESS WATER TANK. AND KNOW YOUR HOUSE PLUMBING.

Date created: 2017-03-02 Name: Mel Humphrey
Location: British Columbia, Canada

"Not enough hotwater"
Bought a rheem residential electric, we have very little hot water. They say you have 27 gal load capacity which should give you 26 min of shower time. I measured 9 gal. Everything checks out electrically so now they say it the plumbing. I have talked with two others that have the same problem. Rheem help are rude and offer little help. The product is a joke so its off to the dump. Note, they pretend they have never heard of this problem before yet you can read it on the net. Don't purchase one...i'll give it to you.

Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: José Andrade
Location: San Pablo

"Rheem's bad service"
I've talked with 5 people on customer service and I feel like they think I'm an idiot. None of them seem to have the story straight. They each seemed to have heard different versions of events. And they wasted my time going through again and again, setting things straight with each of them. The 1st person told me to send the receipts of the purchases to <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="13717a7f7f7a7d7453617b76767e3d707c7e3d">[email protected]</a><script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */</script> I called back the next day, the 2nd person told me that they couldn't receive that information and told me to call back later without giving a reason for why he couldn't. The 3rd person told me that that wasn't true. And he told me to send it too <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="124677717a537c737e6b616652607a77777f3c717d7f3c">[email protected]</a><script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */</script> Then the 4th person told me once again that they still don't have it. It pissed me off that I was being run in circle and decided to contact the manager, who was the 5th contact and who worked for Home Depot. And he was able to quickly resolve things. So after all that, I recommend not to buy Rheem products.

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: Shirette Ferguson
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Worst water heater and horrible Customer service"
My hot water heater went out after having it for one year. I called for assistance and got a girl who talked to me like I was a child. She was rude and did not want to help. I would tell everyone do not purchase a Rheem unless you want to waste money and time. I asked to speak to a manager and they left me on hold until they closed. One of the worst customer service experience ever!

Date created: 2017-01-16 Name: David krantz
Location: Cleveland, OH

"River in my basement"
I noticed a small river coming out of my new Rheem hot water tank so I called the warranty department and told them that I needed to return it and they told me its normal for a hot water tank to sweat 1 gallon of water a day. Lmao! There were salmon swimming in my basement. Lol. She told me I had to have a service guy come out from Rheem and have them look at it but it could take a couple of days for them to get there. Meanwhile, the river in my basement aka "tank sweat" is damaging my floor and I would have to pay for it if they didn't find a problem. What a joke! I will never buy Rheem again!

Date created: 2016-12-30 Name: Bucky culbertson
Location: Morristown, TN

"Never again"
Never again. Simply Whirlpool again now. Shouldn't have strayed.

Date created: 2016-12-23 Name: S. Hammond
Location: The Woodlands TX

"Rheem sucks"
Two years ago we had a new Rheem water heater installed to replace a fully functioning 16-year-old GE model. We felt it was a wise precaution given the age of the old unit which had heavy use. After two years the safety valve failed. $100 later a new valve was installed. That lasted one week before failing. The diagnosis now is a failed heating unit, which apparently is running too hot. This unit is two years old, come on Rheem. If you are considering Rheem, don't bother.

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: S.
Location: Calif

"Dishonest warranty registration"
Rheem's warranty registration is dishonest. You are asked to complete and mail a warranty insert, or complete it online. When you pick the online version you are asked to enter the date of purchase(10-17-16). However once complete, the site informs you that coverage is based on the date of manufacture(2015). Also, Rheem sends you an email asking to write a review of the purchased item, but delete the post of anything critical.

Date created: 2016-10-24 Name: Stephen Tsoy
Location: San Francisco, CA

"Warranty services"
My "Rheem" water heater was manufactured in March 2015 and installed in my home in April 2015. We found that the pilot light used to get-off and had no hot water starting from mid-October 2016. I had found a licensed plumber to check, they said it is water leakage; but the Rheem technical department staff said it was condensation, not leakage. I had collected more than 4 gallons of water from the bottom pan of the water heater in the past 2 weeks. They didn't even send anybody to come & check, but only insisted it was condensation. I asked them, if they don't come to check, how can they just ---- bala, bala, bala, saying it is not water leakage. And they even blocked my cellphone number from future communications. I hesitate to recommend this product to anybody.