Consumer Reviews of Rheem water heaters

Read more about Rheem water heaters

Date created: 2018-03-20 Name: Darrell Crawford
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

"Another leaking tank"
2 tank leaking in less than 5 years 1st one although less than 4 years old Rheem would not cover warranty as they start the 4 year warranty from date of manufacture not install spent $15,000 14 months ago on a replacement and now it is leaking and needs to be replaced as fire and water don't mix.

Date created: 2018-03-14 Name: roberta glaser
Location: Surprise, AZ

"If you buy a Rheem you'll be sorry"
Our water heater is still under warranty & we have experienced the same problems as every other person. We have actually used the heater 18 months since it is in our winter home. On a Friday evening it just stopped working. We called Rheem on Sat. Morning & were told a part would be Fed Ex but they didn't package it till Mon. When we were told that CNJ Services were alerted to install the part. The plumbing company told us they weren't notified. We found another company but they found another problem & can't fix it before Friday. We are having house guests tomorrow & no hot water. Plus we had to stay on the phone just like everyone else. I thought Rheem was a reputable company but no longer.

Date created: 2018-02-06 Name: John Ursoleo
Location: Los Osos, CA

"Do Not Buy Rheem"
I thought I was getting a good product. But just after a year it failed and needed a new pilot assembly. Tech Support will leave you on hold for an hour with no option for a call-back. They promised to ship the part next-day air but failed to provide any tracking number. Part did not arrive, so another call and another long, long wait. Again they promised to ship the part, and again no tracking # arrived, and no part arrived. This cycle occurred 3 times until I finally got a tracking number. So far Fedex does not recognise it as a good number. I am about ready to rip out an almost new water heater and replace with a different brand. After 5 days without hot water, and no defined end in sight -- I recommend that you buy a different product.

Date created: 2018-01-20 Name: Laura Saulnier
Location: VIctoria B.C.

"Rheem Water heater gives no hot water"
We built a house in 2014. We did a lot of research in regards to getting a hot water tank that would service a family of 5 without running out of hot water. We are on our second Rheem hot water tank and sick of complaining to our plumber about the lack of hot water. I have a beautiful soaker tub in our en suite and have never used it due to the fact that we have minimal hot water. Every morning I get in the shower at 3 am as I work at 5, nobody has used hot water since the night before and I have to let it run for a couple minutes just to get warm water let alone hot. I'm tired of complaining and just want hot water. This is the worst hot water heating we have ever experienced.

Date created: 2017-12-31 Name: Matt
Location: Ohio

"Lasted 30 days"
We built. Best house and didnt specify a brand. We ended up with a Rheem water heater. After 30 days of use, no hot water. I called the plumber that installed the unit late at night. We trouble shot the unit based on the code it was giving. Bottom line is, faulty pilot/gas control unit. It sounds like it is going to blow apart when it ignites and then it stops burning gas. Unfortunately it broke Saturday night 12/30. Because of the holiday, we will be without hot water for an undetermined amount of time. I have read post after post of poor quality and terrible customer service by Rheem. I wish I would have researched them more before it was installed. My last house had a different brand that was 12 years old. It was still working when we moved out.

Date created: 2017-12-20 Name: gerald sherman
Location: Renfrew, PA

"INTERNAL LEAKAGE"
I have replaced 3 Rheem water heaters in 2 years. The first on leaked after 2 months. The 2nd leaked after 8 months. The 3rd leaked after 4 months. They all leaked from inside to outside. I keep getting the same model and brand because they are replaced for free.

Date created: 2017-11-23 Name: Susan Norrad
Location: Omemee, Ontario Canada

"Hot Water Tank"
Still waiting to hear back from Rheem..was without hot water for over a month even though a new tank had been installed. Would not replace new defected tank, wanted my installer to repair it, which still didn't work. After over a month of trying to repair tank, finally approved to replace it. I am a senior, payed my installer way more than needed, just to get some hot water and some customer service. Will be going to the papers, consumer affairs and the better business bureau on this if not resolved for undue hardship and unnecessary cost for repairs.

Date created: 2017-11-01 Name: Ted Panos
Location: Calgary, AB

"Do not buy a power vent unit"
Do not buy a power vent unit to be installed in an older home they are to sensitive to variations in surround air to operate without problems

Date created: 2017-09-28 Name: Eugene Horhut
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Rheem Water Heaters"
Rheem water heaters are junk! The last one I had lasted only 4 yrs. I replaced that one with one that sprung a leak at the base(not repairable) It was barely 2 yrs old. It was obviously defective and it cost me $300 to install a new one. The company refused to reimburse me. I will never buy any Rheem products again. They're garbage!

Date created: 2017-05-25 Name: Barbara
Location: Monrovia, CA

"YOU'LL BE SORRY"
Listen dear costumer, I’ve a story to tell, About Rheem heaters The do not work well. They spit, and the sputter, Then give a loud Boom, And like a big bomb, Will shake the whole room. You will think it’s an earthquake With a magnitude “5”, And the wonder of wonders If you’re still alive. You would think that the company Would do something about it, But they said they were sorry… ((But I really doubt it.)) I was on the phone For an hour or two, With none of them knowing What they should do. They don’t stand by their product. Their service is poor. They as much as told me, “Take a hike to the door”. You’ll be sorry, my friend, If a Rheem you do buy. Don’t come and complain On my shoulder to cry. Rheem water heater purchased 5/17/15 Barbara