Consumer Reviews of Reliance water heaters

Read more about Reliance water heaters

Date created: 2017-07-17 Name: Steve jaco
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO

"Reliance Sucks!!!"
Biggest piece of crap I have ever bought!! Blew up on the first time lighting it, almost injuring me! Finally got it lit and it has never been right goes out all the time, called and asked for customer support and all I got was a lady that acted like I was trying to get something for free!! Didn't want my money back just wanted it to work! With no help from Reliance, I will take it out and replace it with anything but a reliance!! I will do everything in my power to be their best advertisement! If I can save one person from buying one it will be worth it! Nothing but junk!!

Date created: 2017-06-27 Name: Frances
Location: Pampa, TX

"Leaked the first day I used it!"
I bought a Reliance water heater 3 weeks ago. Finally got it installed June 24, 2017. It leaked in 5 places on top of the unit within 24 hours! I haven't even gotten the warranty card filled out yet. I don't care what the directions say, this water heater is going back to the store this weekend. I bought it at my local lumber company. They probably won't give me any problems. At least I hope not. I spend a lot of money there. I am not going to exchange it. Too many bad reviews about warranty problems. I don't know what happened to the company that manufactures these heaters. I have another water heater in my laundry room that is 20 years old next month. It is a Reliance heater. I am thoroughly disgusted. We barely got the unit in the water heater closet. Don't know how we will get it out without ripping trim and everything off. Grrrrr.

Date created: 2017-06-17 Name: t par
Location: Cambridge, ON

"Crap"
Hot water out again 4 times their emergency is 4 days to show one time tech left to go watch superbowl never came back for 4 days. They suck

Date created: 2017-03-14 Name: Lola Jones
Location: Oak View, CA

"Worst on the market, says plumber"
They sent the wrong replacement part first. Then they sent the only other part there is and that replacement part too was defective. Our plumber, Tim of Rhino Plumbing in Ojai, CA, said he sees this all the time and that this is the worst heater on the market, bottom of the pile, there is no worse one.

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: duane kummer
Location: Mitchell, SD

"Failure of Reliance Product"
This electric water heater failed to live up to specifications, the rural water was of good quality, the utilization of the unit was for a 2 member family. It appears from collected data that Reliane has some hurdles to over come, until then they are contributing too greatly to the land fills. Duane kummer Mitchell SD

Date created: 2017-01-24 Name: S. Clayton
Location: Highland, IL

"Reliance is a bad choice"
Water heater installed five years ago. Parts still under warranty however I have to pay shipping to get the part and it will take several days (already without hot water for 4 days since their hot line is not open on weekends). All local parts suppliers do not have part or is they do have it they say they cannot do any "warranty work" even with a "reference number" given to me by Reliance. This should allow me to get the part free of charge (it is under warranty) and the parts company would get reimbursed by Reliance but they say they cannot do that. Frustrated!

Date created: 2016-12-01 Name: Ron Thomas
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Bad warranty"
New water heater quit working. Needs gas control valve. Company will not honor warranty.

Date created: 2016-11-16 Name: K Preas
Location: Rural Arizona

"22+ years!!!!"
We got this in 1994 and it is a 501. It went out two days ago. Got lots of use raising a family etc. Certainly cannot complain!!!! This heater never gave us a minute's trouble even with a domestic well that produced some sand.

Date created: 2016-08-14 Name: Dennis Moffett
Location: Greensburg, IN

"What did you say?"
Purchased and installed in 2012. 30 gallon propane unit. No problem until 2016. Pilot would not stay lit unless the red button was down, thus the burner would not start. Retailer said I needed to call the 800 number. This is when things get strange. I selected the prompt for residential (let operator know the water heater is in a restroom building at my private family campground) so they said I needed to talk to commercial? Wait a long time and commercial says they can't help, it is residential? So wait, residential says that because my unit is not in an enclosed area separate from where people are it is not installed properly to code? It looks like a thousand other installs I have seen in homes, but they will not talk to me any more because of a code violation. All I wanted was a part to fix the heater. And if a water heater installed in a restroom is against the law we really do have a problem! The application is on me and I don't see it as an out for them to refuse service to me. Needless to say, I would not purchase anything from Reliance again. Very poor service!

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: Port Allegany, Pa

"Happy Hot water"
This water heater is great and is very well built. I'm using it to supplement my entire house natural gas water heater. The gas water heater is out in the garage, taking a long time to get hot water to the kitchen. I installed this in-line and now I have instant hot water at the kitchen sink. This gives the big heater plenty of time to get hot water there when this runs out of hot water.