Consumer Reviews of Noritz water heaters

Read more about Noritz water heaters

Date created: 2014-02-06 Name: D. Davis
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Scary System"
Bought house with existing Noritz Tankless Water heater. Unit was seven years old, and missing relief valves to de-scale the unit. Mfg recommends annual de-scaling (flushing a lime-removal wash through the boiler), but does not have valves necessary to perform task.) Hired plumber to install required valves; lt cost $300. Two days later, valve sensors behaved erratically, and hot water stopped. Mfg recommended replacing sensors. Then, gas boiler fired erratically and hot water surged, stopping only when we were half-way through a shower. Mfg's advice was to completely disassemble heater, and clean or replace every part. Plumbing estimate: $2500. The Noritz tankless is too electronically- sensitive to be maintained by a homeowner. I am replacing it with a 50 gal, gas-fired hot water heater.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Orange County, California

"Love My Nortiz Water Heater!"
I had my Noritz tankless water heater installed in my home 10 months ago. It has been fantastic. Before, I could not run a shower and the washing machine or dishwasher without the hot water running out. Now, I can have the washing machine, dishwasher, shower, and sink running at the same time, and I will continue to get hot water. The water heats up quickly and I no longer have to wait more than about 10 seconds for the water to get warm. As it is fairly new, I have not needed to get it repaired, but it seems to work well, and does what is supposed to do. Having it installed was a little difficult, as I had to have a venting pipe installed in my garage to vent the gas to the outside. However, after the initial installation, there have been no issues. I have recommended my water heater to everyone I know and I can't imagine going back to anything else.

Date created: 2011-12-14 Location: San Clemente, CA

"Tankless water heater great for busy home"
For our home with three children and heavy hot water use, we decided to switch to the Noritz NR98-SV tankless water heater in early 2011 after a tank water heater leak into our house. At a temperature of 120 C, the NR98-SV tankless heater flow rate is 7.5 gpm of hot water to mix with your cold water supply, which translates into being able to provide hot water to two showers, the washing machine and the dishwasher simultaneously. For daily use I have found that 120 degrees is too cold so I have dialed the NR98-SV water heater up to its maximum of 130 C and it is working fine. The NR98-SV water heater was installed in the garage, although it could have gone outside. The unit does make some noise when called upon to produce hot water, which can be heard in the house. Our dog barked at first, but the noise is muted and soon became part of the background. So far, there have been no repair issues (it's made in Japan) and the unit has performed well. The heater does require electricity, so there was no hot water during the blackout we just had. The cost of the unit and the installation together was $2700, vs. $1000 for a talk heater. Our gas bill has dropped from $50 per month to $20, and we also received a $150 energy credit rebate and will receive a tax credit of $150. Overall, the Noritz NR98-SV was worth the initial expense for the advantages of unlimited hot water, cheaper gas bills, and not having to worry about who gets to the shower first before all the hot water is gone! I would heartily recommend it for any house with a family.