Consumer Reviews of Noritz water heaters

Read more about Noritz water heaters

Date created: 2017-08-16 Name: rob mir
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA

"Tankless or tanked."
Tankless will give you constant hot water as Tanked will give you hot water that is stored in Tank depending on how many gallons your Tank is cold water will start refilling and fire up the boiler before you receive hot water again. It may take 15 to 30 min.s as tankless is on demand and won"t stop giving you hot water till you stop. So the truth is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I bought mine in 2009 noritz n-0631s-od and leaked 3 yrs later noritz replaced heat exchanger no charge and recommend a tech that I had to pay for. Now its year 8 and leaks again the call for warranty was painless get it like tankless? Ha ha.. Gave me a number to send pics of area that was leaking and same day shipped new heat exchanger as well as a new burner! Best part is if you can surf the web find step by step info on the noritz site you can replace it your self like I did its 2017 and I have a new old tankless!

Date created: 2017-08-02 Name: D. Marriott
Location: Santee, CA

"Won't honor warranty"
Purchased model #N-0751M in 2008 and the heat exchanger leaked a couple of years later. They replaced it and it lasted for 5 years and is now leaking again but now they say they won't warranty it. I flush this system every 6 months but they say it has to be cause by build up. Very disappointed with this company.

Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: Dick
Location: Michigan

"Horrible Customer Service"
Product is absolutely great - customer service, if you need it - and you will, is absolutely horrible - calls go to never - never land, wrong parts are shipped, calls and emails not returned, refunds are not processed - you name it and it is bad beyond belief.

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: C Wigton
Location: Spring, Texas

"Beware Noritz Tankless Water Heater"
After only 5 years our Noritz nr 71-sv tankless water heater is not working. Noritz agreed to replace only a new heat exchanger, not including labour charges. After our plumber spoke to Noritz rep, we were told that this model is the worst model Noritz ever made and that they don't make it anymore. Our plumber also noted that a replacement water heater is necessary due to all other components are wet and will fail. Repairs will be ongoing. Recommend complete replacement. Noritz needs to stand by their products and warranty stating that within 5 years, replacement will be made of all defective parts, including labour. Noritz only offered a 20% discount to purchase a new water heater.

Date created: 2017-03-26 Name: Maggie
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

"Never again Noritz"
Horrible, horrible unit. I've purchased a different hot water on demand unit in the past and forgot about it after installation. This Noritz unit, every part inside has been replaced only because the company wouldn't replace the whole unit. Then every winter we get error codes after error codes. And I've only had it for 5 years. It's either bad quality brand or it's not made for Canadian weather. Do not buy this brand!!

Date created: 2017-01-06 Name: C Pier
Location: New York City, NY

"Horrible unit, Horrible customer service"
My husband purchased a Noritz combi water heater boiler to upgrade from our regular separate water heater and boiler. It was the wrong decision. The unit is only 3 months old and the motherboard control panel has been replaced twice. We live in the Northeast us and winters are very cold. Whenever the temp drops below 35 the unit shuts down with a different error code. I regret spending thousands of dollars of this unit and installation. The customer service wait is 30 mins minimum which is a red flag. The call volume must be high because of the poor quality products. After 30 minute or more wait the customer service reps and supervisors do not take responsibility for the obvious manufacturer defects.

Date created: 2016-04-21 Name: Shahid Yusuf
Location: Mississauga, ON

"Warranty policy"
I have an installed tankless water heater which came with the house when I purchased it from the previous owner. The unit was purchased and installed by the previous owner. Today, the unit developed a leak (perhaps from the heat exchanger unit). I called in to Noritz and was informed that though the unit was covered under warranty, this was under the previous owner's name. I, as a new owner of this property cannot avail this warranty. How sensible is that? Considering the repair costs involved I will probably need to buy another unit. Will I buy a Noritz? I don't think so.

Date created: 2015-07-16 Location: Raleigh, NC

"This is a great product"
I have owned this for 6 months. It provides quiet and constant heat to my house. It has a variety of temperature settings and is very energy efficient. They are smaller and lighter in size because they are tankless and hydronic. There is not really anything about this product that I do like so far. Everything about it has been good. I would most definitely buy this product again. They have a good warranty as well if something were to go wrong. I completely trust this brand and am very happy with the product that I have bought. If anything were to go wrong, the warranty covers almost anything. I would recommend this product to my family and friends. It is so efficient and quiet compared to other brands I have had in the past. I would consider this a great buy for the price. They are a national brand and well known for their quality.

Date created: 2015-07-14 Name: jmm6026
Location: Mooresville, IN

"7/14/15"
I bought a Noritz tankless gas water heater. Of course, it was expensive, compared to tanked heaters. Overall I have been very pleased; I never run out of hot water. That being said, I too have now received the dreaded "error 14." Given the cost of the heater and the online boasts of product, life longevity, etc., this should not happen inside of 18 months, or 3-4 years, for that matter. Otherwise, it is not cost effective to buy the product. Very disappointed!

Date created: 2014-12-02 Name: Mac
Location: NY

"Would not recommend!"
I purchased a Noritz tankless water heater in 2009. It worked fine until this week, when I got an "error code 14" and no hot water. Called Noritz and learned it was a thermal fuse. A thermal fuse is a 10-inch wire that runs around the heat exchanger. This is an $8.00 part. The problem is that the heating unit has to be fully gutted (taken apart) to wrap the thrermal fuse wire around the back of the heat exchanger! Noritz emailed me 16 pages of instructions on how to disassemble the unit. Bad design flaw with the Nortiz. The access panels could have been designed on both side of the housing unit to allow the installation of the thermal fuse wire. I understand a fuse is meant to blow for several reasons. What I don't understand is why they make it so difficult to change the fuse. Noritz boasts about the units being cost efficient compared to a hot water tank. How is it cost efficient if I purchased the unit for $1,400.00, not including installation, and five years later an $8.00 fuse blows that cost over $300.00 to install? Now the unit is costing my over $1,700.00. That is double the cost, at half the life span, of a conventional hot water heater. If I knew then what I know now, I would have not purchased the Noritz tankless water heater.