Consumer Reviews of Noritz water heaters

Read more about Noritz water heaters

Date created: 2019-02-03 Name: Peter Wohlleben
Location: BC

"Noritz Combi boilers - junk"
3 Noritz boilers in 1-1/2 years. 1st one had error after error and finally just stopped. 2nd one blew gasket spewing exhaust fumes into the house. 3rd one has code 90 displayed every time the weather changes. Our installer has installed numerous Noritz and other brands of combi boilers. Noritz even said they would pay our installer to replace the failed boilers. Our installers have not been reimbursed by noritz!!! My suggestion to anyone wanting a combi boiler - avoid Noritz like the plague!!

Date created: 2019-01-21 Name: Rhonda Hall
Location: Calvert City, Ky

"Noritz N-0751M"
We purchased our Noritz on-demand water heater in 2008 when we built our home. From day 1 every time we turn the hot water faucet on the heater makes a very loud vibrating noise. We have put up with this now for 10 years. I will never purchase another Noritz product again.
Date created: 2018-10-06 Name: Lars
Location: Palm Springs

"The Worst"
Do not buy Noritz. I bought them for my hotel. Only lasted a little over a year. Parts are covered under warranty, but I have to pay for labor and it's expensive! I just spent over $300 in labor and it's still not working. Need to replace the whole unit. What a disaster.
Date created: 2018-08-09 Name: K. Mann
Location: Naperville, IL

"Not at all cost effective or consumer friendly"
After having done a ton of research, we decided to install a tank-less water heater. We have a ten year old Nortiz. Our water hardness level is 9 grains per ph and after spending in excess of $5000 for initial installation, we were told that we would need to have our heater flushed every year. This costs about $300. Three years ago, we were told that we needed to have the entire system cleaned. This ran $500. Today (2018) we were told that several parts of our system need to be replaced and that getting the replacement parts would take seven days. I can order juice from the UK and it will be here in two days. How is it possible that it takes seven days to get the parts that will (hopefully) reestablish hot water in my home?? I was also told that if it is not the spark plug and igniter, it could possibly be the circuit board. So it could take in excess of seven days and $1000. There is no way that a tank-less water heater can possibly cost less than a traditional water heater.
Date created: 2017-08-16 Name: rob mir
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA

"Tankless or tanked."
Tankless will give you constant hot water as Tanked will give you hot water that is stored in Tank depending on how many gallons your Tank is cold water will start refilling and fire up the boiler before you receive hot water again. It may take 15 to 30 min.s as tankless is on demand and won"t stop giving you hot water till you stop. So the truth is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I bought mine in 2009 noritz n-0631s-od and leaked 3 yrs later noritz replaced heat exchanger no charge and recommend a tech that I had to pay for. Now its year 8 and leaks again the call for warranty was painless get it like tankless? Ha ha.. Gave me a number to send pics of area that was leaking and same day shipped new heat exchanger as well as a new burner! Best part is if you can surf the web find step by step info on the noritz site you can replace it your self like I did its 2017 and I have a new old tankless!
Date created: 2017-08-02 Name: D. Marriott
Location: Santee, CA

"Won't honor warranty"
Purchased model #N-0751M in 2008 and the heat exchanger leaked a couple of years later. They replaced it and it lasted for 5 years and is now leaking again but now they say they won't warranty it. I flush this system every 6 months but they say it has to be cause by build up. Very disappointed with this company.
Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: Dick
Location: Michigan

"Horrible Customer Service"
Product is absolutely great - customer service, if you need it - and you will, is absolutely horrible - calls go to never - never land, wrong parts are shipped, calls and emails not returned, refunds are not processed - you name it and it is bad beyond belief.
Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: C Wigton
Location: Spring, Texas

"Beware Noritz Tankless Water Heater"
After only 5 years our Noritz nr 71-sv tankless water heater is not working. Noritz agreed to replace only a new heat exchanger, not including labour charges. After our plumber spoke to Noritz rep, we were told that this model is the worst model Noritz ever made and that they don't make it anymore. Our plumber also noted that a replacement water heater is necessary due to all other components are wet and will fail. Repairs will be ongoing. Recommend complete replacement. Noritz needs to stand by their products and warranty stating that within 5 years, replacement will be made of all defective parts, including labour. Noritz only offered a 20% discount to purchase a new water heater.
Date created: 2017-03-26 Name: Maggie
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

"Never again Noritz"
Horrible, horrible unit. I've purchased a different hot water on demand unit in the past and forgot about it after installation. This Noritz unit, every part inside has been replaced only because the company wouldn't replace the whole unit. Then every winter we get error codes after error codes. And I've only had it for 5 years. It's either bad quality brand or it's not made for Canadian weather. Do not buy this brand!!
Date created: 2017-01-06 Name: C Pier
Location: New York City, NY

"Horrible unit, Horrible customer service"
My husband purchased a Noritz combi water heater boiler to upgrade from our regular separate water heater and boiler. It was the wrong decision. The unit is only 3 months old and the motherboard control panel has been replaced twice. We live in the Northeast us and winters are very cold. Whenever the temp drops below 35 the unit shuts down with a different error code. I regret spending thousands of dollars of this unit and installation. The customer service wait is 30 mins minimum which is a red flag. The call volume must be high because of the poor quality products. After 30 minute or more wait the customer service reps and supervisors do not take responsibility for the obvious manufacturer defects.