Consumer Reviews of Noritz water heaters

Read more about Noritz water heaters

Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: Dick
Location: Michigan

"Horrible Customer Service"
Product is absolutely great - customer service, if you need it - and you will, is absolutely horrible - calls go to never - never land, wrong parts are shipped, calls and emails not returned, refunds are not processed - you name it and it is bad beyond belief.

Date created: 2017-06-06 Name: C Wigton
Location: Spring, Texas

"Beware Noritz Tankless Water Heater"
After only 5 years our Noritz nr 71-sv tankless water heater is not working. Noritz agreed to replace only a new heat exchanger, not including labour charges. After our plumber spoke to Noritz rep, we were told that this model is the worst model Noritz ever made and that they don't make it anymore. Our plumber also noted that a replacement water heater is necessary due to all other components are wet and will fail. Repairs will be ongoing. Recommend complete replacement. Noritz needs to stand by their products and warranty stating that within 5 years, replacement will be made of all defective parts, including labour. Noritz only offered a 20% discount to purchase a new water heater.

Date created: 2017-03-26 Name: Maggie
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada

"Never again Noritz"
Horrible, horrible unit. I've purchased a different hot water on demand unit in the past and forgot about it after installation. This Noritz unit, every part inside has been replaced only because the company wouldn't replace the whole unit. Then every winter we get error codes after error codes. And I've only had it for 5 years. It's either bad quality brand or it's not made for Canadian weather. Do not buy this brand!!

Date created: 2017-01-06 Name: C Pier
Location: New York City, NY

"Horrible unit, Horrible customer service"
My husband purchased a Noritz combi water heater boiler to upgrade from our regular separate water heater and boiler. It was the wrong decision. The unit is only 3 months old and the motherboard control panel has been replaced twice. We live in the Northeast us and winters are very cold. Whenever the temp drops below 35 the unit shuts down with a different error code. I regret spending thousands of dollars of this unit and installation. The customer service wait is 30 mins minimum which is a red flag. The call volume must be high because of the poor quality products. After 30 minute or more wait the customer service reps and supervisors do not take responsibility for the obvious manufacturer defects.

Date created: 2016-04-21 Name: Shahid Yusuf
Location: Mississauga, ON

"Warranty policy"
I have an installed tankless water heater which came with the house when I purchased it from the previous owner. The unit was purchased and installed by the previous owner. Today, the unit developed a leak (perhaps from the heat exchanger unit). I called in to Noritz and was informed that though the unit was covered under warranty, this was under the previous owner's name. I, as a new owner of this property cannot avail this warranty. How sensible is that? Considering the repair costs involved I will probably need to buy another unit. Will I buy a Noritz? I don't think so.

Date created: 2015-07-16 Location: Raleigh, NC

"This is a great product"
I have owned this for 6 months. It provides quiet and constant heat to my house. It has a variety of temperature settings and is very energy efficient. They are smaller and lighter in size because they are tankless and hydronic. There is not really anything about this product that I do like so far. Everything about it has been good. I would most definitely buy this product again. They have a good warranty as well if something were to go wrong. I completely trust this brand and am very happy with the product that I have bought. If anything were to go wrong, the warranty covers almost anything. I would recommend this product to my family and friends. It is so efficient and quiet compared to other brands I have had in the past. I would consider this a great buy for the price. They are a national brand and well known for their quality.

Date created: 2015-07-14 Name: jmm6026
Location: Mooresville, IN

"7/14/15"
I bought a Noritz tankless gas water heater. Of course, it was expensive, compared to tanked heaters. Overall I have been very pleased; I never run out of hot water. That being said, I too have now received the dreaded "error 14." Given the cost of the heater and the online boasts of product, life longevity, etc., this should not happen inside of 18 months, or 3-4 years, for that matter. Otherwise, it is not cost effective to buy the product. Very disappointed!

Date created: 2014-12-02 Name: Mac
Location: NY

"Would not recommend!"
I purchased a Noritz tankless water heater in 2009. It worked fine until this week, when I got an "error code 14" and no hot water. Called Noritz and learned it was a thermal fuse. A thermal fuse is a 10-inch wire that runs around the heat exchanger. This is an $8.00 part. The problem is that the heating unit has to be fully gutted (taken apart) to wrap the thrermal fuse wire around the back of the heat exchanger! Noritz emailed me 16 pages of instructions on how to disassemble the unit. Bad design flaw with the Nortiz. The access panels could have been designed on both side of the housing unit to allow the installation of the thermal fuse wire. I understand a fuse is meant to blow for several reasons. What I don't understand is why they make it so difficult to change the fuse. Noritz boasts about the units being cost efficient compared to a hot water tank. How is it cost efficient if I purchased the unit for $1,400.00, not including installation, and five years later an $8.00 fuse blows that cost over $300.00 to install? Now the unit is costing my over $1,700.00. That is double the cost, at half the life span, of a conventional hot water heater. If I knew then what I know now, I would have not purchased the Noritz tankless water heater.

Date created: 2014-02-06 Name: D. Davis
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Scary System"
Bought house with existing Noritz Tankless Water heater. Unit was seven years old, and missing relief valves to de-scale the unit. Mfg recommends annual de-scaling (flushing a lime-removal wash through the boiler), but does not have valves necessary to perform task.) Hired plumber to install required valves; lt cost $300. Two days later, valve sensors behaved erratically, and hot water stopped. Mfg recommended replacing sensors. Then, gas boiler fired erratically and hot water surged, stopping only when we were half-way through a shower. Mfg's advice was to completely disassemble heater, and clean or replace every part. Plumbing estimate: $2500. The Noritz tankless is too electronically- sensitive to be maintained by a homeowner. I am replacing it with a 50 gal, gas-fired hot water heater.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Orange County, California

"Love My Nortiz Water Heater!"
I had my Noritz tankless water heater installed in my home 10 months ago. It has been fantastic. Before, I could not run a shower and the washing machine or dishwasher without the hot water running out. Now, I can have the washing machine, dishwasher, shower, and sink running at the same time, and I will continue to get hot water. The water heats up quickly and I no longer have to wait more than about 10 seconds for the water to get warm. As it is fairly new, I have not needed to get it repaired, but it seems to work well, and does what is supposed to do. Having it installed was a little difficult, as I had to have a venting pipe installed in my garage to vent the gas to the outside. However, after the initial installation, there have been no issues. I have recommended my water heater to everyone I know and I can't imagine going back to anything else.