Consumer Reviews of KENMORE water heaters

Read more about KENMORE water heaters

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: East Lansing, MI

"Kenmore Water Heater"
We've had the water heater in my house for about 2 years and it's really varied in regards to how quickly water is heated and how consistent the heat is. In terms of the water heater doing it's job, it does the trick, but at a slower pace than ideal. My neighbors have the same water heater and theirs seems to be doing wonders. I like that the heat of the water is pretty much as hot as one could handle, but I dislike the time it takes to reach that temperature. Additionally, there are times where the water pressure will change resulting in the temperature change of the water (in the shower) as well, which I find peculiar. I would consider replacing / repairing it if I was not renting and would not have to be worried about losing my security deposit. I probably wouldn't recommend the brand just because of my personal experience with it, but as stated above, it works great for my neighbors so maybe they'd have more to say.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Boston, MA

"Great water heater- never an issue"
I am very satisfied with this water heater. I have been using it for about 6 months now without an issue. I am using it in a 2 bedroom home with 1 1/2 baths. It is very reliable and I have never had to even touch it in the 6 months I've had it. It runs quietly and efficiently with very little impact on my gas bill. The best part of all is that I have yet to run out of hot water. It seems to replenish its reservoir very quickly, resulting in hot water whenever I need it. I would absolutely recommend to a friend and I would buy it again if I had the chance.

Date created: 2015-10-14 Name: alton
Location: Lambertville, MI

"Not happy"
Needs replacing after 3.5 years, it's leaking from the bottom. It has a six year warranty but I am replacing it with a different model. I don't trust that a replacement will last any longer, and I don't think the pain of cleaning up and the water damage is worth it. I was lied to by customer service. No more Sears products for me.

Date created: 2015-10-12 Location: Kansas City, MO

"New water heater review, surprisingly big for family."
I just recently purchased a water heater almost a year ago. So far my family and I have not had one problem with cold showers. I really love how quickly it can heat a tank for when it runs low and also how big it seems. It also is pretty efficient with how much use it gets. The only thing I have noticed is a tiny drip leak after about 8 months, but I had it repaired with the warranty very quickly. The repairman said even without the warranty it would have been a very cheap fix. I would definitely recommend this to friends or anyone.

Date created: 2015-10-02 Location: Canal Winchester, OH

"Loyal Kenmore Customer"
My husband and I bought this Kenmore water heater about 2 years back after we noticed our water was never really getting hot with our old one. I was recommended this one by a relative who said that theirs was a gem and that Kenmore service is the best out there. We went out on a limb and bought this 50 gallon one and I must say I am very pleased. It heats up very quickly and the water will get scorching if you want it to. The best part is that we have noticed absolutely no leaks! The installation was very simple and quick too (unlike our older model which took close to 2 hours). The only complaint is that it is a little bit noisier than i expected. I don't mind it very much as long as the unit is working properly. All in all its a great unit and a great deal for the price. Can't beat Kenmore!

Date created: 2015-10-02 Name: Larry R
Location: Portland, OR

"Wrong size"
Sears offers what seems like a neat service, just take a photo of your old hot water heater and send in the model number. They call you with their recommended model. My first one that came out was the tall model, obviously it had to be returned. The installer told be to get one no larger than 20 x 48 inches. The next one they sent me was 50 x 22, despite being given the exact maximum dimensions! We had to cut the drip pan to get it in, and now I will have to caulk it with silicone. Since this fills the drip pan I am not sure the water will make it to the drain! The inner sliding door doesn't move fully to that side to fully open the other side. It took at least an extra hour to put in. On the plus side, I probably would have had to settle for a smaller hot water heater than my old one to get the right size.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Arlington, TX

"Great Buy/Great Heat"
After 3 years of substandard heated water, after moving into our new home, I finally decided it was time to replace our water heater last summer. After days of searching I decided to go with a Kenmore 40 gallon, 6-Year Natural Gas Water Heater. That turns out to have been a great decision on my part. Even with three teenage boys in the house, who love showers, it provides sufficient hot water for everyone to shower without anyone missing out. It quickly reheats when water is used so we do not suffer the "no hot water" problems we had with the old water heater. The adjustable temperature gauge on our Kenmore means that we can set the temperature of the water from reasonably hot to scalding if we choose, and the insulated body of the heater provides energy efficiency as well. I had heard Kenmore was a brand you can trust and now, after 15 months of heavenly hot water, I am a believer. I will recommend Kenmore to my friends as a brand they can trust.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Wonderful and Very Helpful!"
I have lived in my home for a long time, and I learned a long time ago that if you want to save a bunch of money, turn off your water heater at night. Where I live, I am charged when I am not even using the water heater. I have saved hundreds of dollars after I started turning them off. I like that it turns back on really quickly, and the water gets hot after you have it switched back on for 30 minutes. I do not like how much it charges when I leave it on for a long time though. I have never had to replace it, and since I am in apartments, the repair man could just come and fix it. I would buy the same brand again because it is very good and it works very well. I know that ever since I have started turning it off, it tends to stay hot for a really long time, and then it heats up again very quickly.

Date created: 2015-09-24 Location: Tampa, florida

"Kenmore Elite 50 gal. 12-Year Natural Gas Water Heater i sthe best water heater hands down"
I have owned this water heater for 2 months and it is a top of the line water heater. It heats up the water instantly and is very sufficient on gas. My water bill and my gas bill are very satisfying, I have no problem with maintaining them and being able to continue my day to day life. I am very impressed. Although I'm familiar with Kenmore, they make very good products and I hope they will continue to do so for some time. I don't dislike anything about the product. It does its job and beyond, and I am very grateful. I haven't had to replace the product yet but it has a warranty where it can be replaced for free, but I am not worried. It has outstanding performance and yes I would buy this product again and I do recommend it to friends and family.

Date created: 2015-06-12 Location: Waukee, IA

"Excellent water heater at a reasonable price"
We have owned this water heater for a little over a year and it's been very simple to use. The temperature control knob is easy to read and easy to reach so if the water is too hot or too cold you can easily adjust it. With a baby in the home and baths being a regular thing, this is very important to us. The ignition switch on the unit is also very easy to use and almost fool proof. The pilot light has never gone out except for when the gas company had to turn off the gas to my neighborhood. My wife, who is very unfamiliar with water heaters, was able to get the unit fired up again by reading the instructions right on the front. The best thing about it is that the water stayed hot for hours so we didn't have to worry about needing to get it started up too quickly. I would definitely suggest this product to anyone.