Consumer Reviews of KENMORE water heaters

Read more about KENMORE water heaters

Date created: 2015-12-23 Location: Hollywood, FL

"I love my Water Heater"
My boyfriend and I just moved into our first home and one of the first appliances we had to change out was the water heater. The one that came with the house was too old and didn't function well. We replaced it with a Kenmore water heater Model # 57950.This new one works great. I haven't had any issues with it mechanically and the water stays at the temperature that we leave it at. The one issue I had was that it was expensive. It cost $590 and we had to hire someone to install it at an additional cost. We're living on a budget, but in the end, I know it'll be a good investment. We're hoping it will last us at least 10 years. If my new water heater needed to be repaired I would repair it because buying a new one could be more money. I would totally recommend it to a friend, this one just works great.

Date created: 2015-12-23 Location: Deltona, FL

"Works well and good longeivity"
I have had my water heater for about 2 years now and it says it should last for 9 years. I have to say I haven't really had a problem with it. At first it was hard to understand how to get it started but once we figured it out it worked great. It was a great plus how it was easy to figure out. It uses natural gas and that's a benefit to me. The only thing I dislike is that it is a little smaller than the old one, but this one is cost efficient and I didn't really need the bigger one. I definitely tell my friends about Kenmore because they are self cleaning, which I appreciate, and make less corrosion. Also if I needed parts Kenmore usually has great options for parts. I have other products that are Kenmore and they last a long time so I always aim to get that brand and I would again if I needed to.

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Detroit, Michigan.

"Review of my Kenmore Water Heater and how well it has worked over the years."
I purchased this water heater about 3 years ago. The best thing I liked about it was the pricing. It is very affordable and it was kind of worth the price. The quality is not too bad, although I did need to call about three times about this heater! The customer service was fine, it could have used just a little improvement, nothing major. My only complaint about this water heater was the quality. Now I did have it for a pretty long time and it still works fine, but it has gone out on me more than once and it was very frustrating not having any hot water. I never had anyone from the company come and repair it, though. They helped me fix it on the phone. It would have been much better if someone came out to fix it since I've spent hours on the phone with a consultant trying to fix it myself! I would kind of recommend buying this water heater since it was worth the price. You get what you pay for, I suppose. But the customer service can use some improvement and the quality of this product is about a 6/10.

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Lexington, Ky

"Wonder Kenmore Water Heater"
I have had my Kenmore water heater for about two months now and I love it. It seems like I never run out of hot water and I can take as many showers as I want, run my washing machine as long as I want or just wash dishes all day if I have to. It is quiet, unlike my previous water heater. I could hear my old one kick on and off all the time. I can't hear anything out of my new one. I have yet to find one thing I dislike about it. I even think it has decreased my electric bill by a few dollars! How could you beat that? If I could give all of my friends one, I would absolutely do it. For what is it and how it has worked out for me, I can say it was definitely a great purchase.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Naples

"Fantastic Water Heater"
I just bought this water heater recently after my previous one failed. I have to say, this is by far the greatest one I have ever owned. It has a greater capacity than my previous one, holding 40 gallons while my last one only held 38 gallons. It also seems that the hot water comes much faster when I am trying to use it, it's almost instant. Before, with my old one, I would sometimes have to wait several minutes to get hot water just to do dishes or take a shower. Even at the location across the house, further from the water heater, it still delivers very quickly. I really have nothing negative to say about this product as it is by far the greatest of the three I have owned. I have yet to repair it. I know this is a reliable product so I shouldn't have to worry about repairs for quite some time. I would definitely recommend this water heater to all my friends and to anyone in general looking to get a new water heater or replace their current one. Absolutely love this thing!

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Mchenry, IL

"Kenmore Economizer 6 Water Heater Review - Highly Recommended"
I've owned the Kenmore Economizer 6 for about a year now. A bit on the expensive side, but this is due to the fact that it is power-vented (the extra motor and fan add to the cost). I realize that a year isn't long enough to judge the overall durability and longevity of a water heater, but so far I am happy with this model. We are a family that uses quite a bit of hot water - two loads of laundry and two dishwasher loads a day - and we've never run out of hot water. Not once. The only issue I've had is that the wiring harness that connects to the control panel had to be replaced. Luckily we have a service plan, and this was repaired at no additional cost to us. I would certainly buy this brand again, and I would also recommend it to a friend if they were shopping for a water heater. However, as with any major appliance, I would recommend purchasing a service plan. Our plan is through Sears, and it gives us some peace of mind to know that we won't have to drop hundreds of dollars if something goes wrong. Again, despite the single issue with the wiring harness (which I believe to be a fluke, as I haven't heard otherwise), I recommend this model.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Flora Vista, NM

"The perfect water heater for me."
I truly love the compact design of this water heater. It doesn't use much energy to keep 20 gallons of water hot for my use throughout the day. It's enough for showering, washing dishes or laundry. The small size allows me to use the space more efficiently than the previous oversized, inefficient 50 gallon model that used energy as if it were free. My utility bills have dropped 30 percent since its installation. I highly recommend it for households of one or two people.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Riverview fl

"Kenmore water heater"
We have owned this Kenmore water heater for about two months. We bought it two months after we bought our house. I love the fact that it gets the water super hot. Our old water heater did not. We love everything about this water heater. Should last us many years. Delivery was fast - ordered it and got the water heater in five days. The size of the water heater is great, not as big as our old one and it is really quiet. Thank you so much Kenmore. Installing the Kenmore water heater took about three hours. With two people. I told my friends about it and they are looking at it to maybe buy one in the future.

Date created: 2015-10-29 Location: Lawrenceville, GA

"Good and very reliable boiler"
We have possessed our heater for around a year now. It is incredible at sufficiently warming water for my whole family and our consistent employments. We have a group of four so it stays aware of requests. It is likewise generally energy proficient, to the extent water heaters go. It is maybe a touch massive, so I am bothered by the amount of space it takes. I supplanted the tank not on account of it was spilling, it didn't meet temperature, nor any reason and I didn't need a surge in the cellar. I would definitely recommend it to a friend and buy it again.

Date created: 2015-10-19 Location: New Orleans, LA

"The Kenmore 74 galloon natural gas water heater ranks very high compared to it leading compeditors."
I purchased my home water heater from Sears six years ago while I was in the process of building my current home, and have been extremely satisfied with it ever since. The water heater that I own is made by Kenmore, and runs on natural gas just like all of the appliances in my home. This water heater came with a twelve year warranty, and is very energy efficient. I have never experienced any problems with this water heater, or any products made from Kenmore. I went with the 74 gal. tank because I have a five bedroom, three bathroom home. Also, four people reside in my home so I needed a large tank that provides enough hot water to ensure that there will always be enough hot water ready. If I were recommending a hot water heater I would definitely suggest Kenmore as my first choice.