Consumer Reviews of KENMORE water heaters

Read more about KENMORE water heaters

Date created: 2016-06-27 Name: Lorraine Maixner
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Shocked"
Water heater split open 6 months after the 6-year warranty expired and Sears said, they don't make things the way they used to. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: Seekonk, Massachusetts

"Love my electric water heater"
I have owned my Kenmore water heater for 4 years now. My favorite thing about it is that it is electric and not gas. I have a fear of gas products in my home. The only thing I don't like about it is I have a large family so when we all need to take a shower in the morning right after each other sometimes the last person will not have enough hot water. The good thing is that rarely happens. So far we have not had to do any repairs. I would definitely recommend this product to friends and family. I will give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Chicago, IL

"Sears Kenmore Water Heater"
I have owned my Kenmore gas water heater for five years now, and have not had any issues with it whatsoever. One of the best features this water heater includes is energy efficient, foam insulation that prevents heat loss. Another selling feature is the twelve year warranty on the tank including parts. A new feature this tank has is a special ultra coat glass lined tank which was designed to protect the interior of the tank from corrosion. It also includes a self cleaning cold water inlet tube that helps reduce the build up of minerals that are so common in destroying the inside of the tank. The self cleaning tube swirls water which helps to discourage lime build up. There is also a temperature and pressure safety relief valve that is factory installed into the tank. It also holds seventy four gallons of water. I would highly recommend this brand of water heater to a friend, and there is nothing I dislike about it.

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Covington, KY

"Water Heater that Won't Turn UP THE Water!!"
I've only lived here for 6 months and I'm just as satisfied with this water heater as my old ones. The hot water runs out too fast and I'm too afraid to turn the heat up, so that sucks for me.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Dallas, Texas

"Sears sells great Water heaters at a reasonable price with great customer service"
Eight months ago, my wife and I needed a new hot water heater after the original one in our 20-year-old home stopped working. After doing some research online, we decided to visit the Sears Appliance outlet to look at a few models. The sales representative was very polite, knowledgeable, and professional. We choose a middle range Kenmore unit because it met our needs and budget. The Sears contractor installed it the next day. We are very happy with Kenmore: it works quietly and efficiently (i.e., gas bill went down significantly). Our older unit used to creak sometimes during the winter. The Kenmore 57950 is as quiet as a church mouse! I do wish it would heat the water a bit faster during heavy usage. When we have family sleep over, it tends to run out of hot water after 4 or 5 people in a row have taken showers. But give it 10 minutes and it is ready to go. Not a big issue considering the savings in heating costs. We are very happy with it and would recommend Kenmore to our family and friends.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Overland Park, KS

"Kenmore water heater does the job"
I have owned my Kenmore water heater for a year and a half now. I bought it when I purchased my home. I would consider it to be reliable, and it seems to provide enough hot water for the entire family to take showers. When doing the dishes, the water gets very hot, which gives us the impression that our dishes are getting exceptionally clean. My wife particularly likes water to get hot, and the Kenmore does the job. I feel confident that we have a good water heater. I have not had to do any repairs on the water heater, and it has given no indication that it is having difficulties. I would gladly recommend this product to my friends and family. I believe that it meets the basic requirements of a water heater for a family in a small home. I feel that it serves our home well.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Kenmore Elite Could Be Better"
My water heater works fine and does the job it is designed to do but it could be better. It heats up water very quickly which is nice, especially when it comes to taking a shower or bath. There is very little wait time between turning the knob and waiting to for the water to be warm. The biggest problem i have is that the water does not heat up to my liking. It heats up the water in my shower to a warm or mildly hot temperature. This is satisfactory but not exactly what I would like. I would like a higher range of heat than it provides. I have never had it repaired or replaced because there is not a problem. it does the job it was built to do. It has never warranted a repair or replacement but in retrospect I would put more time or research into water heaters I may purchase in the future.

Date created: 2016-04-01 Location: Monroe, MI

" Small but efficient"
We bought our mobile home 5 years ago and replaced our water heater with a Kenmore 30 gallon tank. Because there wasn't much space for a wider tank, this tank was perfect because it was taller and skinnier enabling us to still have a decent size tank. With mobile homes, you have to have water heaters that are made specifically for that type of home. The tank that was in our home was actually for regular homes, which is a safety hazard. Without that type of water heater, the gas company refused to turn our gas on. We actually had a lot of trouble finding the right type of water heater until I went to Kenmore's website where they had several options available to me. I have yet to have any issues with running out of hot water, which definitely makes me happy. To be hones, the price was the only thing I didn't like. $750 is a lot of money to someone like me. Also, I had an issue with the fact the the warranty was not only short but pretty limited as well. I will say that I have been fortunate to not have needed any repairs after 5 years. I would definitely buy the same brand, most of my appliances are Kenmore. I always get my money's worth out of their appliances and I can always find someone who knows how to fix Kenmore products, and you can always find parts easily for Kenmore products.

Date created: 2016-03-24 Location: Reno, Nevada

"Love My Water Heater"
My water heater is outstanding. I take showers every day and I have never had a problem with my water getting cold on me. Recently I got sick and laid under running hot water for a long time and the heater made this possible. It runs pretty quietly and has made it through some cold nights. The second this heater breaks I will be purchasing another one just like it. I bought this about two years ago and it has given me no problems. No matter how cold it gets, how much hot water I use, or when I use hot water; the heater works perfectly. Not only this, but it does not take that long for the water to get hot either. Overall a great product! Anytime a friend needs a water heater I recommend this one. Kenmore has a returning customer with me and a very happy customer at that.

Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: Greenfield Ma

"Perfect water heater."
After my water heater blew last month I was in a desperate search for a new one. Our old one was actually owned by the electric company and it was close to 20 years old and never worked correctly. So while searching for one we came across this one and we have had no problems since having it installed.