Consumer Reviews of GENERAL ELECTRIC water heaters

Read more about GENERAL ELECTRIC water heaters

Date created: 2011-11-22 Location: Harbor City,CA

"My Water Heater"
I have owned my water heater for 5 years. We had the previous water heater for 17 years, and it always gave us cold showers. I like that the new water heater, heats up the water quickly. When we flush the toilet the water doesn't scald you. There's no waiting in between baths/showers for the next person to take one. After 2 minutes I can have a hot shower after someone else took a shower. That's a big plus. This year the water heater leaked water all over the washer/dryer room. So the water heater broke after 5 years of working fine. The repair went smoothly with nothing major. I even think our family friend gave us a discount for fixing it. We had it fixed by a family friend that's a plumber. I don't think I would buy the same brand again. I want a tankless water heater, but I know those a very expensive. If my current water heater breaks again I will probably replace it with another gas water heater, but a different brand.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Location: Memphis, TN

"Price Is Steep But Will Save Money In The End"
I recently purchased this water heater a few weeks ago when my old one gave out. This water heater is the best I have ever had. It has consistently provided my whole family with warm water (which my family tends to use a lot of). I cannot recall a single instance after purchasing this water heater where anyone in my family has had to wait to the water heater to warm up water before a shower. It has also saved me a little bit of money in electric bill. The only qualm I have with this product is its price (about $1500) which is a bit high, but seems to be worth it. So far, I have not had to get any repairs, but it is still new. I would definitely recommend it to a friend, who has the money to buy this product. Overall, I would say that despite the high cost initially this product would in the end save you money

Date created: 2011-05-18 Location: Clearwater, FL

"The GE SmartWater Heater is Pretty Good, Actually"
While the GE SmartWater Heater has a pretty high rating in terms of therms, the amount of energy the device consumes in a year, I find that , with its current placement, use of the heater actually costs quite a bit less than the estimated $160 a year given on its rating label. It's a gas heater, and, while prices have gone up in recent times, I still find gas to be preferable when the bill arrives. Also, the heater is set up in a screened-in back porch, a convenient arrangement in the state of Florida south of the subtropical line, where the air is hot for the greater part of a year. Along with the criterion of energy efficiency, the ability of the pilot light to keep burning though a harsh and windy Florida storm is an important consideration. I have had no problem with the heater, and I anticipate none. I'm renting now, but if I ever need to buy a heater that will be exposed to the vagaries of the weather, I'll certainly choose this one.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Palm Coast, FL

"One if the best products I have purchased recently...."
About 4 months ago our old water heater started slowly leaking on the garage floor. I thought it might be finally going bad, and when we saw the water leakage, we knew. We decided to purchase a new one instead of seeing about repairing this one. We went on the internet and also visited local hardware and home-building stores to compare prices. We decided on the GE model. My husband is a handy man so he decided to install it himself. It did not take very long to install it and it works wonderfully. I am very glad we made this purchase. Water heaters are a major investment for the home and I feel we made a good decision with this make and model. I like GE brand appliances. They last long and hold up well. I would recommend this brand water heater to my friends and would definately purchase another one, if I had to.

Date created: 2011-04-05 Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Extremely satisfied with my 50 Gal. GE water heater (GEH50DNSRSA)."
I purchased a GE Appliances 50 gallon heat pump electric hot water heater (GEH50DNSRSA) Energy Star six months ago and so far I'm extremely pleased with the unit. What really drew me to this unit was the potential cost savings from the unit and obviously the size. My family is quite large (5 children) so you can imagine the amount of water we consume on a daily basis, thus the decision to purchase this 50 gallon water heater. For those of you who are handy, the installation process was a breeze. What I like most about this unit is the overall efficiency, the control panel is easy to read and use, and the reduction of our carbon footprint. I only have one complaint about this unit, if you could really call it that, and that's the initial upfront cost to purchase the unit. It's a lot to pay for this unit at first, but in the long-run the savings my family will receive will quickly outweigh the cost of purchase. Overall I'm extremely pleased! I have nothing negative to say about the unit and I highly recommend the GE (GEH50DNSRSA) to anyone looking for a quality efficient water heater.

Date created: 2010-09-30 Name: jeff clough
Location: swampscott, MA.

"Workin' great"
Our water heater always works great. we've insulated it and the pipes. and for the first two years we put it on the 'vacation' setting and still had great hot water. we have since bumped it up a notch for a little hotter water but our savings are still wonderful!

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Sarah Mitchell

"Dependable"
This unit is only 5 years old but we have never had a problem with it. It was easy to install and much quieter than our previous water heater.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Kathy Linklater
Location: Santa Ana CA

"Works well!"
My GE water heater is only about 2 years old, but it works fine. What I would really like is a tankless heater. Some day.

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: S Aluise
Location: Altoona, PA

"Excellent!"
Always immediate hot water, reliable as the day is long AND cost effective. What more could I want? Nothing that is why we bought it!

Date created: 2010-09-29 Name: Terry Madden
Location: La Crescenta California

"New water no so good"
We just got this water heater and the pilot light would not stay lite.Not so good new water heater.