Consumer Reviews of GENERAL ELECTRIC water heaters

Read more about GENERAL ELECTRIC water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-13 Location: Miami, FL

"Durable, long-lasting GE water heater"
Overall, General Electric (GE) manufactures high quality domestic appliances. I've owned a GE water heater for over ten years now and it still works perfectly fine, with no leaks. The reinforced metal encasement and the weather resistant body paint have protected the water heater from many seasonal rains. I have the appliance in the exterior, back porch, of my house, covered by a tin roof. Still, the water heater stands against high temperatures, windy conditions, and high humidity levels; these conditions have not affected its functionality in the least. Therefore, I like the durability of my water heater; I never worry about it breaking down. Until now, I've never had to replace or repair this wonderful piece of equipment. Additionally, I have the water heater on the highest setting because I use scalding water for different purposes (never set a high temperature if you live with children or have them visit your house). For example, I disinfect dishes with hot water when scraping off food particles. With this heater, I've never run out of hot water. Its 30 gallon capacity is more than enough for my household needs. Additionally, my electric bill is relatively low because this water heater saves energy. I would recommend this appliance to anybody with a household of up to five people; it is a great purchase. Should the need arise, I will buy the same water heater. One thing that I dislike about the water heater, however, is that it takes up more space than digital water heaters. My water heater works fine, though, and I'd rather not experiment with new technology.

Date created: 2016-04-15 Location: Pennsylvania

"Good heater for a midsize house"
The water heater was already in our house when we bought the house. The heater itself is about 10 years old. We've never had to repair or replace it so it seems very reliable and long lasting. It has never leaked and it has never broken down. It also seems easy to operate. It provides enough hot water for a family of four. Unless all of us take back to back showers while another appliance such as the dishwasher or washing machine is running, we've never had a problem with enough hot water. Even when we have guests over, we still get enough hot water. It's a good size for our family and seems to be made well. What would make me really love it is ideally I'd love to be able to have showers while doing laundry and dishwasher but otherwise it's good and I am happy with it. So maybe just a little bigger but it's good enough for us as is.

Date created: 2016-04-08 Location: Troy,NY

"My experience with the maintenance free Hotpoint energy efficient hot water heater that is twelve years old."
I have owned this particular water heater for approximately twelve years. My old hot water heater broke down and leaked water everywhere, it was the original unit from when I purchased the house twenty-five years ago. I bought the Hotpoint because I read and had heard that it was a good reliable brand and energy efficient. Since I have had this I have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. I go about my business everyday never worrying about whether my hot water heater will break down. It costs as little as $159 a year to operate. It was easy to hook up and easy to light. My water has been consistently the same temperature that since I've owned it with no maintenance involved. I would highly recommend the General Electric Hotpoint.

Date created: 2016-01-25 Location: Brooksville, Fl

"General Electric brand boiler review"
General Electric is quite a nice brand just to let me start. This ge water heater has been heating the water in my place quite well, though the temperature for hot water drops every now and again. The 2 years that I've had it, I have never had a problem with anything other than falls in temperature, so I like the quality and durability. That said I definitely would recommend this to someone looking to heat their water, as water heaters can be tricky. Finding a good long lasting one is much appreciated.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Rochester, NY

"Good product but ..."
We have owned our General Electric hot water heater since 1/1/13 and we have had no problems with it. It does everything it is supposed to do. Installation was easy enough, my husband was able to do that on his own, and adjusting the water temperature is very simple. Our old water heater was just about to stop working and we needed something quickly that was inexpensive. What we didn't realize is that though the upfront costs of our hot water heater were relatively low, the cost of using an electric heater are much higher. I would only recommend this appliance to someone who didn't have a lot of money to spend and they were in need of something quickly, or to someone who didn't use a lot of water throughout the day. I know that the cost of electricity has nothing to do with the performance of the product, but that was a contributing factor as to why I said I was somewhat satisfied with this item.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Pretty good water heater for the money"
I like that this water heater came with the house. It works fairly well, regardless of whatever season it currently is. While I was taking a shower a long time ago, the hot water would arrive pretty fast. Lately, it seems to take a little longer. I checked the hoses and other systems and everything is holding up just fine after many years of use. This brand seems to be pretty darn reliable since I've bought a house that is over 20 years old and the water heater seems fine. The weather is not too extreme where I live since the area is technically a deciduous forest and therefore my advice may be less helpful to those who live in areas that tend to freeze over during the winter. The heater works well with the laundry machine. The clothes that need a hot water cycle always get the temperature they need because the water heater dials up the heat quick enough. I would certainly recommend it.

Date created: 2015-12-09 Location: Miami, FL

"The Review to my boiler."
I've owned this boiler for about 2 years already and it has not given me any problems whatsoever. It does its job right, very spacious, and yes I would definitely recommend it to a friend. I'm proud to say I would also purchase this brand again if anything were to happen to it. It's also very spacious and gives me enough room to put miscellaneous items on or around it. The boiler I own heats the water just right giving my family comfortability that they need to get through the day.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Whittier, CA

"Very happy with our new water heater!"
We have owned this GE gas water heater for about 4 years now. It replaced a very old one that we knew would need to be replaced when we purchase our home 7 years ago. The old water heater was very heavy to take out, even after draining out all of the water. The new heater, a 73 gallon one, didn't seem as heavy. My husband and I installed it ourselves. We watched a YouTube instructional video on how to do it. So it only took us about 30 minutes to get in installed and working. We've had it for about 3 years now and haven't had a problem with it at all. The water heats up very quickly. There is nothing I can think of that I don't like about it. We would highly recommend this brand to a friend who was seeking a new water heater and would definitely buy this brand again when needing to replace this water heater in the very distant future.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Location: Bloomsburg,Pa

"GE Natural Gas Water Heater"
This model of GE natural gas heater has been installed and operating in my single family home for roughly three years without a hitch. The heater was relatively easy for a mechanically inclined homeowner to self install and was installed and running in a short amount of time, and the cost seemed average compared to other models available. So far I see no downside to owning this model other than the initial cost to purchase it. There have been no known issues with the operation of this heater, since installation it has been flawless. This workhorse of a heater easily handles the daily demands of a 4 person household including multiple loads of laundry and the strain that two sports inclined active teens place upon it. The teenagers have a tendency to take overly long showers which would make lesser models wither. This GE model has a quick recovery time with operation of the heater being fairly quiet, which is a plus for ground level utility room installation. The cost to operate this heater seems to be fairly low since it is natural gas. I would not hesitate to purchase this item again if available at a decent price point or to recommend it to others.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Portland, OR

"General Electric Water Heater"
I've owned this water heater for almost 2 years now. It's always been quick to respond to hot water requests, and has well-rated energy efficiency. I like the lower impact it makes for the same function that other water heaters give. The capacity is more than sufficient for me and my family. I have some issues if there are a lot of guests over, but that's only during the holidays. We just happen to run the washer and dishwasher more around then because of our higher house capacity. The water heater has never needed repair or any type of maintenance at all. If I chose to move somewhere else. I would certainly install the same model. I've told my close friends about how much I like it, the Energy Guide rating is really a good one. This water heater is a top notch product. I feel that I can always trust for it to work when I need it.