Consumer Reviews of Eccotemp water heaters

Read more about Eccotemp water heaters

Date created: 2016-10-26 Name: joe mcguire
Location: Washington, NH

"Never buy one"
This was the worst purchase ever! After a few 3-4 minutes of use the heater gives a e-1 alert, ignition fail, or an e-8, blockage. It takes 2 people to shower and a dishwasher is out of the question. Contacted the company and they want me to send it in for service. This means either no water in the house for however long it takes them to service and send it back or a plumber to fix the water pipes so we at least have cold water. Either way this product and service for a product that they sent that doesn't work sucks. I will purchase a Rheem tankless and take the loss on this piece of [email protected]

Date created: 2016-03-13 Name: Tom Hemingway
Location: Orange, CA

"Bad company and product"
This is my first review of a product and sorry to say it is negative. I purchased this product from Home Depot and installed it 5 months later in a new unit that was running behind schedule. The product comes with a 2 year warranty. The first week or two it worked fine, then the problems began. We spent the next 3 months on tech calls with the company screwing us around and not handling the problem as the warranty states. The last phone call, number 14, stated once again that they had no record of us calling in. Once I spent 30 minutes on the phone, personally and paying a plumber for the 6th time; they said, "Take a picture of the unit and send it to us". I asked why since we removed the unit the day before, according to a tech named ****, excuse the spelling, and we packaged it for shipping. All we were waiting for was an rma number or something to identify the unit. At this point **** the tech stopped returning phone calls after numerous messages. I threw the unit into the back of one of the workers truck and chose to spend my time on the internet telling everyone how bad this product is. Matter of fact, one of my internet employees will spend the next year telling our story. Maybe that will stop someone from going through what I went through.

Date created: 2012-04-23 Location: Denver,CO

"A cheap, light, effective and portable water heater."
The Eccotemp l5 Portable Tankless Water is by far the best water heater that I have ever owned. I like to move a lot and when I move I take my water heater with me sometimes. The water heater that I own now is far more efficient than water heaters that I have previously owned. I usually buy a new house when I move and I do not want to install a water heater. This water heater does not require installation. It is so small that it can fix in the back of my small suv, and also my pickup truck. Most water heaters cost from between $500-1000 dollars. However, I only paid, $100 dollars for this heater. I throught it would be slow when I first got it, however the heater itself is actually quite fast. Buying the water heater was one the smartest things that I have ever done.

Date created: 2011-12-16 Location: Rochester, NY

"Excellent and Easy to Install"
We bought this water heater about a year or so ago and it has worked out so nicely ever since. It has to be one of the best purchases we have ever made. We actually bought it online and had it delivered to us. It was super easy to set up, which is always a bonus. We did not have any trouble at all, and we are not the handiest people out there. We couldn't be happier with the results, it is truly unbelievable. It now takes less than three seconds for hot water to come out of our shower (trust me it used to take nearly a minute) which is great in the early morning. I do not know how we managed before. It is very reasonable as far as price goes, one of the best water heaters out there today. I would recommend it without any hesitation to everyone out there. No complaints at all!