Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-03-22 Name: alice kerian
Location: Los Angeles, CA

"High price, bad product, bad attitude."
We built a new house in 1994. In 2003 the water heater, 100 gallon, had to be replaced. 5 years later, December 2009, it was replaced again. Every time I paid full price for the heater and labor, over $1000. March 2015, the water heater broke down. No hot water. Two parts needed to be replaced. I live in Los Angeles, California. For 2 days my plumber could not find the parts locally. He ended up driving 40 miles each way to Corona to pick the parts. For 3 days, with small children and a disabled husband, we had no hot water. The company didn't do anything to help us, they did not care. It is obvious to me that realistically, the heater has a lifespan between 5-6 years. Shame on them. The price is high, quality 0, performance 0, attitude 0. I will never buy this product again.

Date created: 2015-03-20 Location: Flowery Branch, GA

"Constant Problems"
Our water heater came with the house when we bought it about 6 years ago. It does keep the water hot, and usually does pretty good. Sometimes, however; it will start getting boiling hot and eventually shuts itself off. We've figured out the pattern, so now when the water feels hotter than normal, we pull the breaker on it and let it cool down and reset. If it wasn't for this inconvenience, I would probably give the water heater a good review. I'm not sure of what is actually causing the problem, but it is highly annoying. I feel like we will be replacing it rather soon.

Date created: 2015-03-17 Name: steve buzz

"Terrible water heater"
This will probably sound like all the other negative reviews so I'll be brief. Newly constructed home, 5 and half years of service and the tank is leaking and it looks like I'll need a new one. Bradford White blames thermal expansion, I have a thermal expansion tank that does work. Then they blamed water pressure damage, but we cleared that hurdle. So I am 3 months away from the warranty ending; I am just going to call it a day and get a new one. Thanks Bradford White!

Date created: 2015-03-16 Name: J. Cotters
Location: Hampton, VA

"Doesn't get any better than this"
The unit was built in 1995 and installed in the attic of my new house in early 1998. This Bradford White has given me flawless service for 17 years. Recently it has failed to fill the jacuzzi with hot water above the jets. They replaced the thermocouple. If this fixes it, great. If not then I will replace it and feel I got my money's worth. I just wonder if the new Bradford White's are as good as the old ones?

Date created: 2015-02-10 Location: Roscommon, MI

"Bradford White M140L60S: Solid, Dependable, Efficient"
We've owned the Bradford White M140L60S in our home for about five years. It replaced a very old boiler than had been there since the house was built. We really like it. Before our old boiler had trouble keeping up with a house of four. Hot water would constantly run out and consume too much energy because of it's efforts and that was a major issue. The M140L60S has none of those issues. It has a sizable capacity, it's well insulated and keeps the water hot without burning through your electricity bill, and has been rock solid since we've had it. There are no downsides to this boiler. For the five years we've owned it, we haven't had any problems with it. Never run out of hot water, it dropped our electricity bill, and it's been as reliable as it was on day one. Hasn't needed a servicing or repair yet. If we had to choose again, I'd definitely go with the Bradford White again and should we need to replace it in the future, we'll definitely consider the brand. If you need a boiler that's efficient and reliable, the Bradford White M140L60S is the way to go.

Date created: 2015-02-09 Name: Linda
Location: Illinois

"Very unsatisfied"
After my Rheem heater gave me 20 years of service, I thought I would buy a new one before I had any issues. I bought a Bradford White water heater because my plumber highly recommended it and it was made in the USA. After just 2 1/2 years, I came home one night with water all over my utility room. Thank goodness I had a drain. So I had to call the original plumber, since it was under warranty. He replaced it but wanted to charge me $450.00 for labor. After I told him that was unreasonable, he went down to $390.00. Also, the warranty on the new heater is only for the remaining years on the original one. Seems like if they stand behind their heaters, Bradford would give you a new 6-year warranty. I can't wait to see my water bill since it was draining and refilling all day. Since this cheap heater cost me $1000.00 for the original, $390.00 for the labor to replace it, and an extravagant water bill, I will never buy this heater again. I will also tell all my family and friends of my wonderful experience.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: M. Schaff
Location: Shawnee, KS

"No complaints"
Our home was installed with a Bradford White water heater back in 2000. It's lasted 15 years, we are getting it replaced today. We have no complaints.

Date created: 2015-01-23 Name: Todd
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Insulation air pockets"
So my old Bradford White water heater lasted a good 12 years. I decided to go with another Bradford White again. Wow...technology has changed and so has the quality. Tech is good, but the quality needs some support. I had a 1 x 5-inch dent in the top side portion of the heater, so before installing it I took off the cap and looked to see if it was damaged (none). (The box did not look damaged or marked, so I'm assuming it happened at the factory side before boxing up). To my surprise, though, on the opposite top side, the blown-in insulation was non-existent (3 x 12) and you could see the metal tank underneath. So, we stuffed that up with more insulation and fixed that. Now that it is running, there are parts of the heater that are warm to the touch. Id say 30%, in all different areas. My old heater gave off no heat at all. So I wonder just how bad the insulation is around the whole unit. Since it is blown in, it is most likely air pockets of no insulation around the whole thing.

Date created: 2015-01-06 Name: S. Spears
Location: Boise, ID

"14 Years Ain't Bad"
We bought our house in 1996. At the time it was 8 years old, with the original water heater still in place. The original water heater failed in 2001 at 13 years old and we replaced it with a Bradford White. It failed yesterday at the age of 14 years old and we replaced it with another Bradford White. I am very pleased with the lifespan of 14 years and have every reason to believe that the new Bradford White will last about the same amount of time. If I get 12-14 years out of the new water heater I will be happy, if I only get 8-10 years out of it then I will not be so happy. I believe there is a direct correlation between life span and the amount of use. I.e., a small family puts less demand and therefore less stress on a water heater than a large family. Nothing negative implied, just an obvious fact. This theory is borne out by the fact that I know other people with large families who say they typically replace their water heaters every 7 years.

Date created: 2015-01-03 Name: Lynn Miller
Location: Columbia

"Bad water heater"
We had this gas water heater installed in 2011. We had problems right after 10 months. Finally, after 3 years of no hot water and having to go outside to relight it, we finally got rid of this pos.