Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-07-10 Name: Michele Roles
Location: Maryland

"Do not buy a Bradford White hot water heater"
My hot water heater was installed in 2011 and in less than four years the thermostat gas valve failed. I was told by the plumber it had cracked and water was leaking out through the thermostat. The gas valve stem was made of a plastic material and it had failed. The replacement thermostat no longer had a plastic gas valve stem but now was metal material. Is Honeywell and Bradford White aware of their failed faulty material and thermostat product? But they will not reimburse me the 239 dollar labor cost to have it replaced. I was lucky that I caught it and there was no damage to the walls. I was boiling water on the stove for three days waiting for the repair. The Bradford White representative tried to tell me that the replacement was not made of metal that it was plastic, basically calling me a liar. After I screamed at him that I know what I saw and I know what the plumber told me, he then changed his story to say that the gas stem now has a metal cover over plastic required for safety and to get a better temperature reading. Yes, safety! Safety to stop hot water from leaking out of the tank. This representative refused to help me in any way with the labor charges, saying they have already done all that they can do by providing the replacement part under warranty at no cost. I explained to him he was only holding up their end of the bargain, the carrot that they dangled in front of me to get me to purchase their product and not a competitor's. I vow to never ever purchased another Bradford White product. In my opinion and what I have found on the Internet, Bradford White products are junk. Bradford White did not stand behind this product. Buyer beware - do not buy a Bradford White water heater!

Date created: 2015-06-12 Name: christine Schnitzer
Location: Houston, TX

"Horrible"
I paid $1100 for a 50-gallon water heater a year and a half ago. It sprang a leak at the control arm. It was under warranty. It is now going on day 3 with no hot water. I had their guy come out and tell me it needs to be replaced but he can't do it until 4 days from now. I call and the customer service guy tells me he isn't convinced it needs to be replaced. The plumber called it a safety hazard. If I need a new tank they will not pay, I have to pay installation from the company they choose to the tune of $900! I can get a new one from my own plumber for $1000!

Date created: 2015-06-10 Name: V Wis
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"So frustrated. Wish we would have bought a different, more reliable brand."
Leaking, rusty tank after barely 6 years? Lived in our home for over 20 years and this piece of scrap metal replaced the first and only other water heater we've ever had!

Date created: 2015-06-08 Name: MJ Wilson
Location: W University, TX

"Poor customer service"
Contacted the original plumbing contractor that installed the Bradford White water heater. They would not install a new icon control valve. They said that Texas natural gas had high sulfur content, so they needed to install a new type of valve for $500 plus a bunch of code issues. They installed the water heater two years ago. The truth is that Bradford White and Honeywell made a defective controller valve and neither manufacture wants to admit it. The valve cannot handle the Texas heat in an attic. Contacted Bradford White about sending me a new controller valve and they told me "no", and said I should talk to my contractor. The guy was super rude. Since my contractor does not want to warranty the new controller because of the "sulfur" issue, I am literally stuck with a useless nonfunctional water heater.

Date created: 2015-06-02 Location: Los Angeles

"Works perfectly fine!"
I've had my boiler for little over half a year now and it works absolutely great! Had no problems with it so far, and some of my other friends have said the same thing after I've recommended them to get it as well. Haven't had to repair it yet and I would definitely buy the same brand again and even recommend to anyone else in need of a boiler. The previous boiler we had was way too big and had to be repaired a lot more often which just made me and my whole family annoyed at the time. We're extremely glad we made the switch and we won't ever go back to the old boiler we had previously!

Date created: 2015-05-11 Name: Bill Houk
Location: United States

"Don't buy this brand!"
I purchased a Bradford White model # MI403S6FBN hot water tank on 1/21/09. It is 6 years and 4 months old. A plumber came to inspect it today because I detected a problem. The nipples were rusting and looked like they were going to fail. He said the center of the tank is rusting, causing the lines to bend inward. I called the manufacturer and spoke with 2 representatives. Both told me they will not cover the defect because this is caused from pressure. One rep said even if the tank was one month old it wouldn't have been covered. How does pressure cause the tank to rust? My house was built in 1974. We replaced the original tank in 1986. The second tank lasted 23 years. I wish I could remember the name of that tank. I will never buy another Bradford White tank again.

Date created: 2015-05-05 Location: Muscle Shoals, AL

"Very satisfied with my water heater"
I have owned my boiler for 3 years now. I like the capacity of hot water that is available at one time. I don't like that if we have 2 or 3 showers running at the same time as the washing machine, that the hot water will run out too quickly. Never had to repair/replace it. I would buy the same brand again as well as recommend it to my friends. I really cannot complain about the experience that I have personally had with my Bradford White water boiler. It does what it is supposed to do and I could not ask for more. Usually it doesn't take long to get hot, which is an added bonus as well. If I could find a good, new Bradford White at a good price to purchase for my cousin's upcoming wedding, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I hope that my boiler continues to work this good for a long time.

Date created: 2015-05-04 Name: Bill Bogan
Location: Knox, IN

"Scrap metal"
My professionally installed 'Defender" started leaking today after 3 years of use. They are garbage. Don't buy a Bradford White. It's cheap because it's trash. Go to YouTube and type in Bradford White water heater, you will see what I mean. By the way, they will not back their junk up; you will hear that addressed on YouTube as well.

Date created: 2015-04-01 Name: S Willis
Location: Wainwright Alberta

"40 gallon hot water tank"
This hot water tank gave me excellent bang for my buck. I am thrilled that Bradford White actually makes and warranties a high altitude tank. I live in an area with poor water quality and my tank is already 8 years old. Not one of my neighbors can say that about their tanks.

Date created: 2015-03-31 Name: Dan
Location: Northern Wisconsin

"Lives up to their slogan"
Great water heaters! People who complain about them leaking quickly should get their water tested or throw in a softener as well. Crappy water is the main cause of leaks, not the heater itself!