Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-10-23 Name: CJ

"Love It"
Heater has worked flawlessly and saved me 30 bucks a month or more. Love that it's American made from a employee-owned company. How cool, right?

Date created: 2015-10-15 Name: Mike-a satisfied customer

"Great water heater"
Had Bradford White water heater in our house since 1993. No problems. In October of 2015 the tank started leaking. Highly recommend this brand based on my experience with it.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Exstatic about Bradford White Boiler"
I purchased the Bradford White water heater about six months ago and could not be any happier with it. Yes, it was a bit more expensive than other models and cost more to install but it was well worth it. I like that it saves energy, $553 dollars a year. The water heater is not too large, white, and fits perfectly in the nook of my utility room. At, this time, I have had no need to repair it or have had any difficulties with the product. I would definitely purchase another Bradford White water heater and/or other products from this company. I am 100% satisfied with my decision of the purchase. I would recommend the water heater to friends, family, and anyone else in need of one. Knowing what a solid product the Bradford White water heater is, I would be happy to explain why it is worth the extra money. Excellent value and I have nothing I don't like about the product. Purchased brand new.

Date created: 2015-10-14 Name: monty
Location: Portage, WI

"Great unit"
Bought our house 22 years ago. A Bradford White propane water heater was in the house. How long it was there before we bought the house, I don't know. Have replaced the thermocouple a couple times. Never had one problem with this unit. But it's dying and it's time to say bye. The burner is falling apart.

Date created: 2015-10-03 Name: D. Davis
Location: North Dallas, TX

"Horrible, with horrible warranty"
About 4 years old. The warranty is for one year parts and one year tank? Wow, are we lucky or what? I am going to have to figure out how to replace this instead of laying out $600.00, give or take, to replace faulty inner parts, gas valve or thermopile? My plumber want $120.00 more than other quoted prices online to repair the same item. Why? In 4 years you can't light the pilot light anymore? Why? My parents' old tank lasted forever! Time for real engineers to design these from now on, in a non-cyclical kinda way, and prevent an endless loop of trip charges, estimates, repairs, replacements, etc. What a load of crap. Never buy a Bradford White, ever!

Date created: 2015-09-29 Name: James Rohlf
Location: Green Springs, OH

"Bad experience twice in 8 years"
I purchased a Bradford White heater approximately 8 years ago and it failed. It was replaced under warranty. The new heater failed in 2 years. I found that once you use the warranty, all subsequent products are not warranted. I was offered a new heater (cost of $2700) with an allowance of $300 for installation. I had to pay for the heater. You can buy a Triangle 2 or a Well McClain with a real warranty for $1400. Do not waste your time on Bradford White!

Date created: 2015-09-29 Name: Thomas Sashko
Location: Mundlein, IL

"Stay away from Bradford White."
I have lived in my brand new home for 7 years and in that period I have had to replace my hot water heater 3 times and am now looking at the fourth replacement should I choose to exercise my warranty. Certainly it doesn't cost me anything but the aggravation and inconvenience. My tank leak occurs at the bottom of the tank and after the second incident, Bradford White sent a factory type to inspect the problem and all he did was scratch his head in bewilderment. He didn't have a clue as to the reason. That's it, goodbye Bradford White.

Date created: 2015-09-16 Name: Pat Beall
Location: Joppa, MD

"Piece of junk"
I have to agree with all of the bad reviews concerning a Bradford White water heater. I believe plumbers love installing this unit because they know they will fail and get paid twice for replacement. We paid $900 to have a 50-gal electric Bradford White water heater (M2505605INCWW) installed in 2013 and sure enough came home to a flooded basement just 3 years later. Thank goodness it was close to the sump pump. So I had to call the original plumber, since it was under warranty. He replaced it but charged $375 since installation was not covered in the warranty. Also, the warranty on the new heater is only for the remaining years on the original one. Seems like if they stand behind their heaters, Bradford would give you a new 6-year warranty. I feel someone else bought them out and is using cheaper parts than in the past based on some of the comments of the older units. Next time I will buy a different unit and use a different plumber even if under warranty. Just not worth the problems it causes and lack of faith and trust in the unit and installer.

Date created: 2015-09-06 Name: D.Harris
Location: Alberta, Canada

"Don't waste your money on a Bradford-White water heater!"
We purchased a house 7 years ago with a Bradford-White water heater in it. Within 3.5 years it broke, flooding our basement and needed replacing. Thankfully, it was covered under warranty (however we had to pay the labour). 3.5 years have passed and now the new water heater is broken and needs replacing. Again it will be covered under warranty, however we again will have to pay for the labour. How is it possible for 2 almost brand new water heaters to completely fail and need to be replaced. Never buy anything made by this company!

Date created: 2015-09-02 Name: Janie Russell
Location: Conroe, TX

"Buyer beware"
My water heater is under a 10 year warranty. It is only 4 years old and we have already started having problems. It has leaked 3 times in the past 6 weeks. We have asked for a replacement and they finally agreed but even though it is under warranty, they expect us to pay for the labor. This is ridiculous. I am filing a claim against them in small claims court!