Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-10-29 Name: W. Leary
Location: Medford, NJ

"Bradford White is great for cold showers."
My neighbor talked me into replacing my water heater because it was 10 years old. He recommended Bradford White. I brought my first one and about 2 months into ownership the pilot would go out. About every 2 weeks the pilot light would go out. Finally after about 6 months of lighting this heater with my eyes closed, I called a plumber to try and fix the problem. Without being able to resolve the problem, Bradford White gave me a new heater with no additional warranty. After about three months after installing the new heater the same problem arose. I cannot keep this heater lit. I believe the problem is the heater sits on the floor and has no ventilation. Bad design. Hate it.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: A. Stankovich
Location: Columbia, MD

"Water heater failed, leaked."
We had natural gas service installed in our house about 10 years ago. Because the house was built as an all electric house there was no chimney or flue where my electric water heater was. The electric water was perfectly good when we disconnected it. We could not put the gas water heater where the electric one was because there was no way to vent it from there. A called a plumbing contractor who recommended that a direct vent water heater be installed in the far corner of the basement. He installed a 50 gallon gas Bradford White Direct Vent. It cost me about $1800 ten years ago. I had never heard of Bradford White. I had to have a licensed plumber install it, because I'm not allowed to connect a gas appliance myself in this state. I had lived most of my life in another state. When I needed a new water heater, I went to a local plumbing store and got a 40 gallon A.O. Smith, took it home and installed it myself. Before this one, I had always used A.O. Smith gas water heaters and installed them myself. They were usually well over 10 years old when they needed to be replaced. The usual reason for replacing them is that they got filled with sediment and ran out of hot water and took longer to heat the water. I never had an A.O. Smith leak water all over the basement floor as this Bradford White one did. The water pressure in my current house is not even as high as it was in other houses that I have lived. My opinion of Bradford White is that it is poorly made, and overpriced, and fell short on life expectancy. I will make sure that I never have a Bradford White installed again.

Date created: 2015-10-23 Name: CJ

"Love It"
Heater has worked flawlessly and saved me 30 bucks a month or more. Love that it's American made from a employee-owned company. How cool, right?

Date created: 2015-10-15 Name: Mike-a satisfied customer

"Great water heater"
Had Bradford White water heater in our house since 1993. No problems. In October of 2015 the tank started leaking. Highly recommend this brand based on my experience with it.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Exstatic about Bradford White Boiler"
I purchased the Bradford White water heater about six months ago and could not be any happier with it. Yes, it was a bit more expensive than other models and cost more to install but it was well worth it. I like that it saves energy, $553 dollars a year. The water heater is not too large, white, and fits perfectly in the nook of my utility room. At, this time, I have had no need to repair it or have had any difficulties with the product. I would definitely purchase another Bradford White water heater and/or other products from this company. I am 100% satisfied with my decision of the purchase. I would recommend the water heater to friends, family, and anyone else in need of one. Knowing what a solid product the Bradford White water heater is, I would be happy to explain why it is worth the extra money. Excellent value and I have nothing I don't like about the product. Purchased brand new.

Date created: 2015-10-14 Name: monty
Location: Portage, WI

"Great unit"
Bought our house 22 years ago. A Bradford White propane water heater was in the house. How long it was there before we bought the house, I don't know. Have replaced the thermocouple a couple times. Never had one problem with this unit. But it's dying and it's time to say bye. The burner is falling apart.

Date created: 2015-10-03 Name: D. Davis
Location: North Dallas, TX

"Horrible, with horrible warranty"
About 4 years old. The warranty is for one year parts and one year tank? Wow, are we lucky or what? I am going to have to figure out how to replace this instead of laying out $600.00, give or take, to replace faulty inner parts, gas valve or thermopile? My plumber want $120.00 more than other quoted prices online to repair the same item. Why? In 4 years you can't light the pilot light anymore? Why? My parents' old tank lasted forever! Time for real engineers to design these from now on, in a non-cyclical kinda way, and prevent an endless loop of trip charges, estimates, repairs, replacements, etc. What a load of crap. Never buy a Bradford White, ever!

Date created: 2015-09-29 Name: James Rohlf
Location: Green Springs, OH

"Bad experience twice in 8 years"
I purchased a Bradford White heater approximately 8 years ago and it failed. It was replaced under warranty. The new heater failed in 2 years. I found that once you use the warranty, all subsequent products are not warranted. I was offered a new heater (cost of $2700) with an allowance of $300 for installation. I had to pay for the heater. You can buy a Triangle 2 or a Well McClain with a real warranty for $1400. Do not waste your time on Bradford White!

Date created: 2015-09-29 Name: Thomas Sashko
Location: Mundlein, IL

"Stay away from Bradford White."
I have lived in my brand new home for 7 years and in that period I have had to replace my hot water heater 3 times and am now looking at the fourth replacement should I choose to exercise my warranty. Certainly it doesn't cost me anything but the aggravation and inconvenience. My tank leak occurs at the bottom of the tank and after the second incident, Bradford White sent a factory type to inspect the problem and all he did was scratch his head in bewilderment. He didn't have a clue as to the reason. That's it, goodbye Bradford White.

Date created: 2015-09-16 Name: Pat Beall
Location: Joppa, MD

"Piece of junk"
I have to agree with all of the bad reviews concerning a Bradford White water heater. I believe plumbers love installing this unit because they know they will fail and get paid twice for replacement. We paid $900 to have a 50-gal electric Bradford White water heater (M2505605INCWW) installed in 2013 and sure enough came home to a flooded basement just 3 years later. Thank goodness it was close to the sump pump. So I had to call the original plumber, since it was under warranty. He replaced it but charged $375 since installation was not covered in the warranty. Also, the warranty on the new heater is only for the remaining years on the original one. Seems like if they stand behind their heaters, Bradford would give you a new 6-year warranty. I feel someone else bought them out and is using cheaper parts than in the past based on some of the comments of the older units. Next time I will buy a different unit and use a different plumber even if under warranty. Just not worth the problems it causes and lack of faith and trust in the unit and installer.