Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Lake Elsinore, California

"Our Bradford White Water Heater is Still Going Strong!"
Ten days after we bought our home in 1998, the water heater broke and luckily we were covered by a thirty day warranty for appliances, of which the water heater was listed. A contractor arrived the next day with a Bradford White MI403T6EN12 forty gallon gas-fired water heater. Here we are seventeen years later and it still works like new. The water heater is quiet, we rarely hear the safety valve lift, indicating that the control system works very well. We have never had to initiate a repair call for the water heater. It is like we forget it is there, most times. We are subject to extreme winds at times call the Elsinore Lift and the water heater is affected by those winds and will reset itself to the lowest setting. It is a simple task to adjust the dial back to our preferred temperature setting. Our previous experience with water heaters had not been pleasant; in our first home we replaced our water heater twice in ten years. I can say with complete confidence that our next water hear, if we ever need another one, will be a Bradford White. I have recommended the brand to a neighbor who needed a new water heater and she is also very happy.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Denton, Texas

"Bradford White - Defender - Great Product"
We have been very satisfied with this product. Our landlord replaced our old water heater with this one about a year and a half ago. It very quickly heats water. We have never run out of hot water during showers and other uses. It also uses less less fuel than our last water heater. One downside of this product is that it can be noisy when it fires up. We have had no issues with the boiler and it has performed without issues for the last year and a half. I would highly recommend this product to anyone seeking a new boiler.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Name: Linda Terrell
Location: Casper, WY

"Worst water heater ever!"
I purchased this Bradford White water heater originally in March of 2009. I had to have it replaced in September of 2014. It has a six year warranty, so it was replaced, but I had to pay labor, which is crap if it is under warranty. Then I was told I would only receive the remaining warranty on the original heater. So today I had to have an electrical component replaced on this hot water heater, which is slightly over a year old. A $300 part! And I have to pay labor because I am just past warranty. This is crap! I called Bradford White and was treated very rudely. If they don't back their product any better than this, they shouldn't be in the business. I will never purchase another Bradford White hot water heater again. And if you all are smart, you will do the same! Horrible company and product in my opinion.

Date created: 2015-11-01 Name: Todd
Location: Kansas

"Not recommended"
Water heater is just over a year old and already have to pay for a plumber to come out and replace the gas control valve. The warranty covers the part but was told you have to go through a plumber to get the part so I'm still out money on a new water heater.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: DOVER, PENNSYLVANIA

"IT IS BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER MODELS AND COST MORE TO INSTALL BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH, NOT TOO LARGE, SAVES ENERGY"
I have used the water heater since 2011. I like the model, size, price and design. There is no dislike for me. Up till now I have not repaired or replaced any part of it. I always recommend the water heater to my friends and colleagues.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Naples, FL

"Best water heater I have ever used"
I've only owned my water heater for about a month but I am extremely happy with it, at least compared to how my old one worked. My showers are always hot, the hot water is long lasting, and I never notice any drips or leaks around the base, which was always a problem with my old one. My only complaint is the large size. I would have preferred a tankless heater that would be much more compact but could not afford to spend the extra money on one right now as they are much more expensive. I don't expect to have to repair or replace this heater for at least 5-10 years if not longer, and would definitely recommend this brand to a friend.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: Quakertown, PA

"Efficient and Reliable"
We purchased our new water heater in the spring of 2013 after my husband came home to find water all over our main floor due to a leak in our previous water heater. That water heater was almost 30 years old. We have had no issues with the Bradford-White model since its installation, and I am pleased that the hot water is delivered much faster with this new model, and it is much more energy-efficient. I would definitely purchase this brand again, and would recommend it to friends and family. I am hoping we will not have to replace another water heater as long as we are living in this home!

Date created: 2015-10-29 Name: W. Leary
Location: Medford, NJ

"Bradford White is great for cold showers."
My neighbor talked me into replacing my water heater because it was 10 years old. He recommended Bradford White. I brought my first one and about 2 months into ownership the pilot would go out. About every 2 weeks the pilot light would go out. Finally after about 6 months of lighting this heater with my eyes closed, I called a plumber to try and fix the problem. Without being able to resolve the problem, Bradford White gave me a new heater with no additional warranty. After about three months after installing the new heater the same problem arose. I cannot keep this heater lit. I believe the problem is the heater sits on the floor and has no ventilation. Bad design. Hate it.

Date created: 2015-10-28 Name: A. Stankovich
Location: Columbia, MD

"Water heater failed, leaked."
We had natural gas service installed in our house about 10 years ago. Because the house was built as an all electric house there was no chimney or flue where my electric water heater was. The electric water was perfectly good when we disconnected it. We could not put the gas water heater where the electric one was because there was no way to vent it from there. A called a plumbing contractor who recommended that a direct vent water heater be installed in the far corner of the basement. He installed a 50 gallon gas Bradford White Direct Vent. It cost me about $1800 ten years ago. I had never heard of Bradford White. I had to have a licensed plumber install it, because I'm not allowed to connect a gas appliance myself in this state. I had lived most of my life in another state. When I needed a new water heater, I went to a local plumbing store and got a 40 gallon A.O. Smith, took it home and installed it myself. Before this one, I had always used A.O. Smith gas water heaters and installed them myself. They were usually well over 10 years old when they needed to be replaced. The usual reason for replacing them is that they got filled with sediment and ran out of hot water and took longer to heat the water. I never had an A.O. Smith leak water all over the basement floor as this Bradford White one did. The water pressure in my current house is not even as high as it was in other houses that I have lived. My opinion of Bradford White is that it is poorly made, and overpriced, and fell short on life expectancy. I will make sure that I never have a Bradford White installed again.

Date created: 2015-10-23 Name: CJ

"Love It"
Heater has worked flawlessly and saved me 30 bucks a month or more. Love that it's American made from a employee-owned company. How cool, right?