Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: San Antonio, Tx 78250

"Old faithful and always reliable"
I have owned my Bradford White water heater for over 6 years and I have had zero problems with it. I have never had a shower with cold water so I am happy with it. I virtually have had zero prblems with it. I have not called for any repairs and being a plumber myself i can see the installation was done well. Other water heaters I have had seemed to lose their hot water capacity fairly quickly so I think this one is pretty good, especially being an electric water heater. I would definitely buy the same brand and if I buy another house in the future i would strongly consider replacing the existing water heater with a Bradford White water heater. From now on whenever the subject of water heaters come up will definitely recommend Bradford White water heaters for any of my friends and family.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Buffalo, NY

"Old Isn't Always Bad"
I've owned this water heater for 6 years, having had to replace the water heater that was in my house when I bought it back in 2009. Despite it being an "old and inefficient" model, it suits my needs perfectly fine. While it isn't as modern as many newer models (still uses a pilot light) and it doesn't have a high-efficiency condenser (and required blower), I am also never without hot water so long as the natural gas is flowing to my house. After growing up with other varieties of hot water heaters that either required blowers and thus were useless when the power went out, I love the peace of mind this water heater affords me. It does not cost me much more to operate than a high efficiency one would, my summer gas bills are 15 to 20 dollars, my winter bills are rarely more than 120 dollars. I drain the tank once a year to remove the buildup from the hard water that is in this area from the bottom and have not had a problem with the tank. I honestly could not be happier with this model!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Name: Nancy Close
Location: Pittsburg, KS

"Not good at all"
I have rental houses and have to replace water heaters quite frequently. In the past 7-8 years I have had Bradford White water heaters installed and they do not last. The warranty replaces some of them but then the warranty on the new one only lasts as long as the original one. I have replaced one 3 times and now yesterday had to purchase another one (not a Bradford White!) at my cost as the original warranty was over and this one was only in the house one and half years. In my own home I have had to replace 3 in the last 5 years! I will never buy another one! I am out a lot of money on these malfunctioning things!

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: Vj
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

"Not happy"
The tank failed after two years. I have to bear the cost of replacement labour. My $500.00 in the drain.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Bradford White Water Heater"
When I first moved into our new place in August, the water was overwhelmingly hot and it seemed like no matter where I turned the dial, the water would be really hot. As it was summer at the time it was fairly frustrating, but I thought that it was better to have lots of hot water than not have any hot water. Now that we're in the colder months I'm shocked to find the temperature is very inconsistent. Some mornings it will be really hot, for a long time, so both my significant other and I can take comfortable showers. Other mornings it seems like room-temperature, or lukewarm is the best we can do. It never has anything to do with how much water has been used, like one would expect. Some days I could run the water for a half hour and still have hot water left, other days I turn the faucet on after not having run the water in over 16 hours and the water will be warm, at best. We haven't thought to ask about repairs for it, as it seems brand new, and in great condition, but the inconsistency is definitely frustrating. I would not buy from this brand, nor would I recommend it to a friend. There has to be a more consistent water heater brand out there.

Date created: 2015-11-21 Name: T. Anderson
Location: Swartz Creek, MI

"Totally unhappy"
Water heater is approximately 7 years old and started blowing soot out every time it kicks on. Told I will need a new one. The water heater is used approximately 3 months out of a year, turned off the rest of the time. I turn it off due to the cabin being totally closed up for the winter months in the upper peninsula of Michigan. All gas is shut off to all appliances. Wish I didn't have a Bradford- White Hydrojet water heater in my cabin.I will be glad to get rid of it in the spring with a new one.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Murrieta, CA.

"Bradford White's Defender Safety System water heater is an excellent product"
This is a great water heater that I purchased about 4 years ago and has worked like a charm ever since. I have never had to repair or replace it. I really like the fact that it is extremely easy to start up if the pilot light goes out. It has automatic ignition and does not require the use of matches or lighters. I also like that it has a control of the temperature you want and provides hot water very well. I also like the amount of water that it holds and how fast it can heat up the water. If you take a continuous shower, the hot water will last 25 - 30 minutes and after it is all used up, it will get hot again in about the same time. There is nothing that I don't like about this water heater. I would definitely recommend this product to any homeowner that like hot water fast and that lasts a long time. If this water heater ever goes out, I will definitely replace it with the same brand and model.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: claudia griessmann
Location: Orchard Lake, MI

"Bradford White does not stand by their products"
11/19/2015 I purchased a Bradford-White water heater because I thought I would support a company that it is American made. Pathetically, they are not supporting me while after only 3 years I lost hot water due to a fire within the unit and a defective blower. Yes, those are under warranty but I have had to pay for 3 visit from my tech to sort out this problem, and that they will not support me in covering. Why should a water heater fail after 3 years? They try to tell me it's my poor quality of water, what a load of crap! I will never, ever purchase another product from this company. Maybe they should listen to their recordings of how they have high quality, years of trouble free problems, reliable? What a horrible company with which to deal and absolutely no support! Beware before you purchase a water heater. Buy from another company!

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: eugene, oregon

"LOVE my hot water heater!!"
Wow, we love our water heater. It is so reliable. We have had it for about five years now and it is still running like a champ! We only had to have it serviced once last year. I think it was a temperature gauge that was a super easy fix for our repair man. I am a person who needs to have a good shower in my home & I know I always have that ready whenever I need it with this model. I would definitely recommend this model to a friend, or anyone who loves to have plenty of hot water whenever they need it. Just the other day we had a friend stay over and take a hot shower. Afterwards he remarked "Wow, I usually don't take long showers, but that felt great. I don't have that much hot water at my house." So as you can see, this is the model to get if you are looking for a great hot water heater that will get the job done for many years.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Lake Elsinore, California

"Our Bradford White Water Heater is Still Going Strong!"
Ten days after we bought our home in 1998, the water heater broke and luckily we were covered by a thirty day warranty for appliances, of which the water heater was listed. A contractor arrived the next day with a Bradford White MI403T6EN12 forty gallon gas-fired water heater. Here we are seventeen years later and it still works like new. The water heater is quiet, we rarely hear the safety valve lift, indicating that the control system works very well. We have never had to initiate a repair call for the water heater. It is like we forget it is there, most times. We are subject to extreme winds at times call the Elsinore Lift and the water heater is affected by those winds and will reset itself to the lowest setting. It is a simple task to adjust the dial back to our preferred temperature setting. Our previous experience with water heaters had not been pleasant; in our first home we replaced our water heater twice in ten years. I can say with complete confidence that our next water hear, if we ever need another one, will be a Bradford White. I have recommended the brand to a neighbor who needed a new water heater and she is also very happy.