Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Barnegat, NJ

"50 gallon water heater works well for family of five"
Six years ago we started having problems with our faucet filters clogging up with a white silica type substance which we later determined was caused by the deterioration of the lining in our existing water heater. Without having a choice to repair the unit, we quickly replaced our old 40-gallon water heater with a newer, energy efficient 50-gallon model from Bradford White Manufacturing. The new water heater was not much larger than the old one and easily fit into the existing space in our utility room. Over the last six years it has performed reasonably well. We have a family of five and we can easily take showers in the morning without running out of hot water. However, we do have to pay close attention to whether or not the washing machine and or dishwasher are running. The 50-gallon model will not provide enough hot water to supply both machines and five back to back showers. It is a natural gas model and it has never needed service of any kind. It continues to work well even after six years of near constant use. I would definitely recommend a Bradford White water heater to anyone who needed one.

Date created: 2016-03-25 Name: Neal
Location: New windsor

"I only had my Bradford White for 4 years and it was leaking terribly"
My Bradford White started to leak after it was installed only 4 years ago. It's terrible, never again!

Date created: 2016-03-24 Name: James Elliott
Location: Kent, OH

"only 2 years on 10 year warranty"
I had a 40 gallon Bradford White water heater professionally installed that started leaking from the tank after 2 years and 2 months. It was under a 10-year warranty. The plumbers replacing it under warranty are charging me $486 for the replacement that was covered under the warranty. This doesn't seem like the quality company they describe on their website.

Date created: 2016-03-24 Location: San Antonio, TX

"My current water heater"
My husband and I recently built a new home and we were able to choose all of our appliances ourselves since we built a custom home. We purchased this water heater six months ago. I love this water heater. It keeps up great with all we have going on in the house. I am able to run the dish washer, washing machine and take a shower all at the same time. There is nothing that I dislike about it. I have not had to repair or replace it. I would definitely buy this same brand again. My mom just recently had her water heater go out and I told her that she needed to buy this brand. I got the recommendation from one of my friends, and we have been thoroughly pleased with it. Anyone I know in the market for one I will definitely steer them in this direction!

Date created: 2016-03-18 Name: L. Michael
Location: Wichita, KS

"Terrible"
This brand is terrible. Second replacement of hot water tank in 7 years. Would not recommend a Bradford White hot water heater. I would not buy again.

Date created: 2016-03-14 Name: W. Lewis
Location: Utah

"Do not buy"
To start, this is not a model or brand that I had shopped and picked out. In 2008 I was going to have a tankless system put in. The plumber could not (affordably) create the venting it would require based on the location of the windows, meters, etc. He said this here is a great water heater and we went with it. Well no complaints until just under 5 years later when my basement is 1/2 inch under water as the tank started to leak and while we were at work created quite a mess. $360 in labor for the warrantied replacement. So 2013 and we have a brand new water heater. It's now early 2016 and this unit also has a leak and I am waiting on the plumber to come out to replace it. The home was built in 1996 and the water heater installed by the builder lasted 12 years. Not sure what brand it was but can tell you from my experience this builder didn't go above and beyond with much. I am frustrated that I will be just over $1000 into labor in the past 7.5 years. I will add that I do drain the unit annually and while we have some hard water the unit never seems to gather the type of buildup that would typically be seen with this type of failure. Can't speak for the entire brand, but I will say I will not buy another Bradford and White because of this experience.

Date created: 2016-03-03 Name: L Max
Location: Basehor, KS

"Two failed tanks in 8 years"
First gas water heater installed in new home June 2007, it failed and began leaking water in April 2012. Replaced under warranty but had to pay plumber costs. Second tank failed and began leaking water in March 2016. I was told that these tanks only have a 6 year warranty from the installation date of the first tank so I am out of luck and have to buy a new tank and have it installed. The water heater in my previous house ran flawlessly for 27 years and is still going strong. Would not recommend as the tanks leak in a short period of time which causes damage to the house as well as giving no hot water.

Date created: 2016-02-23 Name: V. BELLON
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Horrible"
I built a new arbor home 8 years ago. Paid extra to have a 65 gallon Bradford White electric hot water heater. Right at 5 years the bottom busted. Replaced it under warranty. 3 years later the bottom has busted on the replacement! Warranty is not based on item, it's based on the date of the original defective one! That explains why they no longer make them as of 4/15/15, but shame on them for not honoring the manufacturer's warranty on the date on the unit installation!

Date created: 2016-02-21 Name: Jim B
Location: Green Valley, AZ

"Water heater"
Water heater installed new in new home on 9/7/2010. Failed on 1/23/2013. Installed new gas control on 1/24/2013. Failed again on 2/20/2016. Still has warranty left but that is parts only. So another big plumbing bill as the part distributor is 25 miles away and it's a weekend, so no hot water or pay through the nose for emergency plumbing service. By the way, it is a Honeywell control unit.

Date created: 2016-02-18 Name: Cassidy

"Don't purchase this brand. Lasted under 4 years."
The unit was recommended to us by a plumber. The benefit was a 10 year warranty. We had a major leak, the unit had to be replaced and we were told that the cost is pro rated. That's not a warranty. The whole thing is a shame. We should have replaced the unit with our original brand that lasted 17 years.