Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Bradford White Water Heater"
When I first moved into our new place in August, the water was overwhelmingly hot and it seemed like no matter where I turned the dial, the water would be really hot. As it was summer at the time it was fairly frustrating, but I thought that it was better to have lots of hot water than not have any hot water. Now that we're in the colder months I'm shocked to find the temperature is very inconsistent. Some mornings it will be really hot, for a long time, so both my significant other and I can take comfortable showers. Other mornings it seems like room-temperature, or lukewarm is the best we can do. It never has anything to do with how much water has been used, like one would expect. Some days I could run the water for a half hour and still have hot water left, other days I turn the faucet on after not having run the water in over 16 hours and the water will be warm, at best. We haven't thought to ask about repairs for it, as it seems brand new, and in great condition, but the inconsistency is definitely frustrating. I would not buy from this brand, nor would I recommend it to a friend. There has to be a more consistent water heater brand out there.

Date created: 2015-11-21 Name: T. Anderson
Location: Swartz Creek, MI

"Totally unhappy"
Water heater is approximately 7 years old and started blowing soot out every time it kicks on. Told I will need a new one. The water heater is used approximately 3 months out of a year, turned off the rest of the time. I turn it off due to the cabin being totally closed up for the winter months in the upper peninsula of Michigan. All gas is shut off to all appliances. Wish I didn't have a Bradford- White Hydrojet water heater in my cabin.I will be glad to get rid of it in the spring with a new one.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Murrieta, CA.

"Bradford White's Defender Safety System water heater is an excellent product"
This is a great water heater that I purchased about 4 years ago and has worked like a charm ever since. I have never had to repair or replace it. I really like the fact that it is extremely easy to start up if the pilot light goes out. It has automatic ignition and does not require the use of matches or lighters. I also like that it has a control of the temperature you want and provides hot water very well. I also like the amount of water that it holds and how fast it can heat up the water. If you take a continuous shower, the hot water will last 25 - 30 minutes and after it is all used up, it will get hot again in about the same time. There is nothing that I don't like about this water heater. I would definitely recommend this product to any homeowner that like hot water fast and that lasts a long time. If this water heater ever goes out, I will definitely replace it with the same brand and model.

Date created: 2015-11-19 Name: claudia griessmann
Location: Orchard Lake, MI

"Bradford White does not stand by their products"
11/19/2015 I purchased a Bradford-White water heater because I thought I would support a company that it is American made. Pathetically, they are not supporting me while after only 3 years I lost hot water due to a fire within the unit and a defective blower. Yes, those are under warranty but I have had to pay for 3 visit from my tech to sort out this problem, and that they will not support me in covering. Why should a water heater fail after 3 years? They try to tell me it's my poor quality of water, what a load of crap! I will never, ever purchase another product from this company. Maybe they should listen to their recordings of how they have high quality, years of trouble free problems, reliable? What a horrible company with which to deal and absolutely no support! Beware before you purchase a water heater. Buy from another company!

Date created: 2015-11-12 Location: eugene, oregon

"LOVE my hot water heater!!"
Wow, we love our water heater. It is so reliable. We have had it for about five years now and it is still running like a champ! We only had to have it serviced once last year. I think it was a temperature gauge that was a super easy fix for our repair man. I am a person who needs to have a good shower in my home & I know I always have that ready whenever I need it with this model. I would definitely recommend this model to a friend, or anyone who loves to have plenty of hot water whenever they need it. Just the other day we had a friend stay over and take a hot shower. Afterwards he remarked "Wow, I usually don't take long showers, but that felt great. I don't have that much hot water at my house." So as you can see, this is the model to get if you are looking for a great hot water heater that will get the job done for many years.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Lake Elsinore, California

"Our Bradford White Water Heater is Still Going Strong!"
Ten days after we bought our home in 1998, the water heater broke and luckily we were covered by a thirty day warranty for appliances, of which the water heater was listed. A contractor arrived the next day with a Bradford White MI403T6EN12 forty gallon gas-fired water heater. Here we are seventeen years later and it still works like new. The water heater is quiet, we rarely hear the safety valve lift, indicating that the control system works very well. We have never had to initiate a repair call for the water heater. It is like we forget it is there, most times. We are subject to extreme winds at times call the Elsinore Lift and the water heater is affected by those winds and will reset itself to the lowest setting. It is a simple task to adjust the dial back to our preferred temperature setting. Our previous experience with water heaters had not been pleasant; in our first home we replaced our water heater twice in ten years. I can say with complete confidence that our next water hear, if we ever need another one, will be a Bradford White. I have recommended the brand to a neighbor who needed a new water heater and she is also very happy.

Date created: 2015-11-09 Location: Denton, Texas

"Bradford White - Defender - Great Product"
We have been very satisfied with this product. Our landlord replaced our old water heater with this one about a year and a half ago. It very quickly heats water. We have never run out of hot water during showers and other uses. It also uses less less fuel than our last water heater. One downside of this product is that it can be noisy when it fires up. We have had no issues with the boiler and it has performed without issues for the last year and a half. I would highly recommend this product to anyone seeking a new boiler.

Date created: 2015-11-02 Name: Linda Terrell
Location: Casper, WY

"Worst water heater ever!"
I purchased this Bradford White water heater originally in March of 2009. I had to have it replaced in September of 2014. It has a six year warranty, so it was replaced, but I had to pay labor, which is crap if it is under warranty. Then I was told I would only receive the remaining warranty on the original heater. So today I had to have an electrical component replaced on this hot water heater, which is slightly over a year old. A $300 part! And I have to pay labor because I am just past warranty. This is crap! I called Bradford White and was treated very rudely. If they don't back their product any better than this, they shouldn't be in the business. I will never purchase another Bradford White hot water heater again. And if you all are smart, you will do the same! Horrible company and product in my opinion.

Date created: 2015-11-01 Name: Todd
Location: Kansas

"Not recommended"
Water heater is just over a year old and already have to pay for a plumber to come out and replace the gas control valve. The warranty covers the part but was told you have to go through a plumber to get the part so I'm still out money on a new water heater.

Date created: 2015-10-30 Location: DOVER, PENNSYLVANIA

"IT IS BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER MODELS AND COST MORE TO INSTALL BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH, NOT TOO LARGE, SAVES ENERGY"
I have used the water heater since 2011. I like the model, size, price and design. There is no dislike for me. Up till now I have not repaired or replaced any part of it. I always recommend the water heater to my friends and colleagues.