Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-01-08 Name: Donna Maurer
Location: Indianapolis, IN

"Awesome product"
I moved into a brand new house in 2001. It is now 2016. I have the original Bradford White gas water heater that was originally installed. My furnace service guy says I'm "living on borrowed time". But I've never had a problem. Always hot water and no leaks yet. I know I'll eventually need to replace it but it's been a gem so far. Highly recommend Bradford White.

Date created: 2016-01-07 Name: R Randall
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

" Praises for Bradford White"
Our Bradford White gas water heater was installed in 1996 and is still going strong. We are very happy with the performance of this product. It still look like new and who can complain about a water heater that is still working great after over 19 years of serving a family every day.

Date created: 2016-01-04 Location: New Haven, CT

"Water Heated Perfectly and Efficiently"
My Bradford White water heater has been installed in my home for 8 years. I have no complaint with this unit. My water is always hot and ready to go. The unit does not emit any noise when operating. I have a rather large capacity for hot water, so it is the rare instance when I actually run out of water (when we have guests or a larger number of people taking showers in the morning is the only time). Water heats up in the shower and in the sinks very quickly. The temperature is easy to adjust. I really enjoy the ease and reliability of this system. The unit itself shows no wear or tear or damage. It is happily operating and very efficient and effective. I would definitely recommend this unit to a friend. I would use this brand again in the future if I ever find myself in need of another hot water heater.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Fayetteville, NC

"Built to be the best and it is."
I purchased the Bradford White water heater about 6 months ago and am thrilled. Our old water heater broke and I needed a replacement immediately. I contacted Bradford White the day the old water heater broke and they were very friendly and informative. The water heater cost around $700 and is mid-sized,which fits in our outdoor laundry facility. The water heater was installed in less than 24 hours after I made the call. The installation was fast and easy. I love that it is made in the USA. Purchasing American products is important to me so it made the purchase an easy decision. The water heater has a Hydrojet Total Performance System which includes reduced sediment built in, low operating costs, and more hot water. It is an energy saver which annually saves me $573. I love the fact the hot water is really hot and saves me money at the same time. In the six months of owning the water heater, I haven't had any problems. It is reliable and I can always count on hot water for my showers. I have recommended this water heater to friends and family, and my parents bought one two months ago when they needed to replace their old one. Based on 5 stars, I give it a 5. Best water heater I have ever purchased.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Location: Walled Lake, MI

"My Trusty Water Heater"
I have had my water heater for over 10 years now. It was installed 3 years before I bought the house, so it is over 13 years old and I have never had a problem with it. My water heater was made by Bradford White Corporation. It has 40 gallon capacity and uses natural gas. It has a very pleasant appearance and is located in my basement closet next to my hot air furnace. I hardly ever notice it. Even when I do some cleanup in the area, or do some maintenance on my furnace, I do not notice my water heater and this is precisely what I like about it. It is there out of the way, quietly doing its job without ever requiring anything from me. It has never failed me, there is always hot water when I need it. There is absolutely nothing that I dislike about it and I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Date created: 2015-12-21 Location: San Antonio, Tx 78250

"Old faithful and always reliable"
I have owned my Bradford White water heater for over 6 years and I have had zero problems with it. I have never had a shower with cold water so I am happy with it. I virtually have had zero prblems with it. I have not called for any repairs and being a plumber myself i can see the installation was done well. Other water heaters I have had seemed to lose their hot water capacity fairly quickly so I think this one is pretty good, especially being an electric water heater. I would definitely buy the same brand and if I buy another house in the future i would strongly consider replacing the existing water heater with a Bradford White water heater. From now on whenever the subject of water heaters come up will definitely recommend Bradford White water heaters for any of my friends and family.

Date created: 2015-12-16 Location: Buffalo, NY

"Old Isn't Always Bad"
I've owned this water heater for 6 years, having had to replace the water heater that was in my house when I bought it back in 2009. Despite it being an "old and inefficient" model, it suits my needs perfectly fine. While it isn't as modern as many newer models (still uses a pilot light) and it doesn't have a high-efficiency condenser (and required blower), I am also never without hot water so long as the natural gas is flowing to my house. After growing up with other varieties of hot water heaters that either required blowers and thus were useless when the power went out, I love the peace of mind this water heater affords me. It does not cost me much more to operate than a high efficiency one would, my summer gas bills are 15 to 20 dollars, my winter bills are rarely more than 120 dollars. I drain the tank once a year to remove the buildup from the hard water that is in this area from the bottom and have not had a problem with the tank. I honestly could not be happier with this model!

Date created: 2015-12-11 Name: Nancy Close
Location: Pittsburg, KS

"Not good at all"
I have rental houses and have to replace water heaters quite frequently. In the past 7-8 years I have had Bradford White water heaters installed and they do not last. The warranty replaces some of them but then the warranty on the new one only lasts as long as the original one. I have replaced one 3 times and now yesterday had to purchase another one (not a Bradford White!) at my cost as the original warranty was over and this one was only in the house one and half years. In my own home I have had to replace 3 in the last 5 years! I will never buy another one! I am out a lot of money on these malfunctioning things!

Date created: 2015-11-30 Name: Vj
Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

"Not happy"
The tank failed after two years. I have to bear the cost of replacement labour. My $500.00 in the drain.

Date created: 2015-11-23 Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Bradford White Water Heater"
When I first moved into our new place in August, the water was overwhelmingly hot and it seemed like no matter where I turned the dial, the water would be really hot. As it was summer at the time it was fairly frustrating, but I thought that it was better to have lots of hot water than not have any hot water. Now that we're in the colder months I'm shocked to find the temperature is very inconsistent. Some mornings it will be really hot, for a long time, so both my significant other and I can take comfortable showers. Other mornings it seems like room-temperature, or lukewarm is the best we can do. It never has anything to do with how much water has been used, like one would expect. Some days I could run the water for a half hour and still have hot water left, other days I turn the faucet on after not having run the water in over 16 hours and the water will be warm, at best. We haven't thought to ask about repairs for it, as it seems brand new, and in great condition, but the inconsistency is definitely frustrating. I would not buy from this brand, nor would I recommend it to a friend. There has to be a more consistent water heater brand out there.