Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-15 Name: jim vogel
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Terrible design & product"
5 years old, stinky water. Told to change anode rod. It's not universal, had to buy theirs at 3 times the price and not easy to put in by yourself. Cheaper to buy a Rheem at Home Depot and their anode are sold there for $20. Plumber never tells you they need changing, just wants your money!

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Lexington,KY

"Best Water Heater That I Have Ever Used"
This is the best water heater I have ever owned. I installed it last year, due to the old one leaking. I love it because I always have hot water. I have a lot of back pain, so some days I use the shower 3 times a day and sometimes 20 minutes straight and I never run out of hot water. It is far better than any other water heater that I have used. Nobody likes running out of hot water. With this water heater, I never run out of hot water. What is even better is my family doesn't have to juggle our schedules, in other words my wife can do the dishes while someone is taking a shower. It doesn't affect the hot water, no matter how much demand we put on it at once. If you need a new water heater, you should consider this brand and the name of my water heater is called the Defender. So it stands up to its name that is for sure. I will never buy a different brand.

Date created: 2016-05-04 Name: J Daniels
Location: Hatfield, PA

"Save your money"
Lousy product. Hot water smelled metallic immediately and for 4 months afterward. Spent another $185 to have an aluminum anode rod installed. My plumber said he never saw this kind of problem before and will not install Bradford White anymore. The company blamed the water - city water and never had a problem previously - and would do nothing although I requested a refund for my problem and dissatisfaction. Get the cheap one from Lowe's.

Date created: 2016-04-28 Name: Donald Nix
Location: Martinsville, IN

"30 days already leaking"
I had a 40 gallon gas defender Bradford White water heater installed 30 days ago. The water heater is already leaking, water is coming out of the bottom vent of the unit. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay the plumber to install another one. Stay away from Bradford White!

Date created: 2016-04-19 Name: The Joke is in your Hand!
Location: Houston, TX

"Lasts a long time."
Just replaced a Bradford White water heater that was original to the house. 22 years! Thanks.

Date created: 2016-04-15 Name: Joan
Location: Pennsylvania

"Happy owner!"
Had mine for 10 years and never a problem! Will buy the same brand again!

Date created: 2016-04-11 Name: C. B.
Location: Baytown, TX

"40G...13+ years old"
We are a family of 5 with a 40 gallon water heater that we had been using for 13 years, no issues at all, age got it! I am very satisfied with the performance, functionality and durability of this water heater. Wife washes dishes with very hot water, plus uses the dish washer. Kids (now teenagers) have always used hotter than normal water to shower. Now, the builder selected this 40 gallon water heater when they built the house, I will upgrade to a 50 gallon water heater just to make sure that when we have guests in the house there are no issues.

Date created: 2016-04-04 Location: Barnegat, NJ

"50 gallon water heater works well for family of five"
Six years ago we started having problems with our faucet filters clogging up with a white silica type substance which we later determined was caused by the deterioration of the lining in our existing water heater. Without having a choice to repair the unit, we quickly replaced our old 40-gallon water heater with a newer, energy efficient 50-gallon model from Bradford White Manufacturing. The new water heater was not much larger than the old one and easily fit into the existing space in our utility room. Over the last six years it has performed reasonably well. We have a family of five and we can easily take showers in the morning without running out of hot water. However, we do have to pay close attention to whether or not the washing machine and or dishwasher are running. The 50-gallon model will not provide enough hot water to supply both machines and five back to back showers. It is a natural gas model and it has never needed service of any kind. It continues to work well even after six years of near constant use. I would definitely recommend a Bradford White water heater to anyone who needed one.

Date created: 2016-03-25 Name: Neal
Location: New windsor

"I only had my Bradford White for 4 years and it was leaking terribly"
My Bradford White started to leak after it was installed only 4 years ago. It's terrible, never again!

Date created: 2016-03-24 Name: James Elliott
Location: Kent, OH

"only 2 years on 10 year warranty"
I had a 40 gallon Bradford White water heater professionally installed that started leaking from the tank after 2 years and 2 months. It was under a 10-year warranty. The plumbers replacing it under warranty are charging me $486 for the replacement that was covered under the warranty. This doesn't seem like the quality company they describe on their website.