Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-05-23 Name: joe
Location: La Canada, CA

"Crap"
Lasted 6 years -- now the pilot won't light! Plumber tells me they can't repair in California -- no parts and too expensive. So it's on to the landfill -- really? I remember when water heaters lasted 20 years. What a piece of crap.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: West Chester, PA

"Bradford White Defender Water Heater Review"
I have owned the Bradford White Defender hot water heater for just over 3 years. I am very satisfied with it. It is a natural gas hot water heater that seems to be energy efficient. It says it has a "Hydrojet Total Performance System" that reduces sediment buildup, lowers operating costs and produces more hot water. It's quiet and the water temperature is adjustable and always hot when I need it. Our gas bills are less than they were with the old water heater that we replaced which was 10 years old. There is really nothing that I dislike about it. We had it installed by a professional plumber who recommended the brand. I would follow our plumber's recommendation on what make to get when I have to replace this one. I would buy the same brand again if that's what the plumber recommends in ten years. I would recommend this brand to a friend, particularly because a professional plumber recommended it to us.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Name: M. T.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Repeated problems with Bradford-White"
I had a Bradford-White water heater installed in fall of 2012 which completely failed in December 2015. The company replaced it with a new "improved" water heater, so the installer told me. Five months later, there is corrosion around one of the nipples and dripping from the pressure relief valve again. I have a pressure regulation valve, an expansion tank and a water softener, all professionally installed. So I know that too much pressure and water quality are not a problem. I will never buy a Bradford-White again. I plan on replacing it with a Rheem when it finally completely goes again.

Date created: 2016-05-15 Name: jim vogel
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Terrible design & product"
5 years old, stinky water. Told to change anode rod. It's not universal, had to buy theirs at 3 times the price and not easy to put in by yourself. Cheaper to buy a Rheem at Home Depot and their anode are sold there for $20. Plumber never tells you they need changing, just wants your money!

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Lexington,KY

"Best Water Heater That I Have Ever Used"
This is the best water heater I have ever owned. I installed it last year, due to the old one leaking. I love it because I always have hot water. I have a lot of back pain, so some days I use the shower 3 times a day and sometimes 20 minutes straight and I never run out of hot water. It is far better than any other water heater that I have used. Nobody likes running out of hot water. With this water heater, I never run out of hot water. What is even better is my family doesn't have to juggle our schedules, in other words my wife can do the dishes while someone is taking a shower. It doesn't affect the hot water, no matter how much demand we put on it at once. If you need a new water heater, you should consider this brand and the name of my water heater is called the Defender. So it stands up to its name that is for sure. I will never buy a different brand.

Date created: 2016-05-04 Name: J Daniels
Location: Hatfield, PA

"Save your money"
Lousy product. Hot water smelled metallic immediately and for 4 months afterward. Spent another $185 to have an aluminum anode rod installed. My plumber said he never saw this kind of problem before and will not install Bradford White anymore. The company blamed the water - city water and never had a problem previously - and would do nothing although I requested a refund for my problem and dissatisfaction. Get the cheap one from Lowe's.

Date created: 2016-04-28 Name: Donald Nix
Location: Martinsville, IN

"30 days already leaking"
I had a 40 gallon gas defender Bradford White water heater installed 30 days ago. The water heater is already leaking, water is coming out of the bottom vent of the unit. What a piece of junk. Now I have to pay the plumber to install another one. Stay away from Bradford White!

Date created: 2016-04-19 Name: The Joke is in your Hand!
Location: Houston, TX

"Lasts a long time."
Just replaced a Bradford White water heater that was original to the house. 22 years! Thanks.

Date created: 2016-04-15 Name: Joan
Location: Pennsylvania

"Happy owner!"
Had mine for 10 years and never a problem! Will buy the same brand again!

Date created: 2016-04-11 Name: C. B.
Location: Baytown, TX

"40G...13+ years old"
We are a family of 5 with a 40 gallon water heater that we had been using for 13 years, no issues at all, age got it! I am very satisfied with the performance, functionality and durability of this water heater. Wife washes dishes with very hot water, plus uses the dish washer. Kids (now teenagers) have always used hotter than normal water to shower. Now, the builder selected this 40 gallon water heater when they built the house, I will upgrade to a 50 gallon water heater just to make sure that when we have guests in the house there are no issues.