Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-09-08 Name: Debbie Blick
Location: Alma, MI

"Do not purchase from this company!"
A big fat 0 in the customer service department! They definitely do not care about their customers. Our hot water heater only lasted 2 years and then started leaking rusty water all over our basement. Not only did they charge us $80 because of a Federally mandated upgrade (our plumber actually covered this charge, because they care), they made us pay the $300 installation charge. I can see if it's at the end of the warranty, but we weren't even 1/2 way through it. Then when we called asking them to pay it, they tried blaming the leak on improper upkeep/maintenance and when we explained it was properly maintained they switched their story to blame our water. So we explained that we had 3 filters on our system before it even reaches the hot water tank, now they blame it on the salt from the softener, like salt on a car in the winter causing rust. This company does shoddy work for sure and they don't even back their product. We will never buy another hot water tank from them again! And I'm sure we'll need one within the next couple of years at this rate. Please do not waste your money with these people, they are supposed to be the best, but they don't care and they are selling crap. Go elsewhere!

Date created: 2016-08-31 Name: D.Horton
Location: Birmingham, MI

"Lack of support"
Purchased an 80-gallon commercial tank from their distributor. It kept overheating to the point of endangering the tenants in the apartment building. The distributor attempted repairs unsuccessfully. They hired a consultant who sent us on a wild goose chase to install an expansion tank. No luck. They then blamed it on a nonexistent waterline leak. A manufacturer's rep continued to stonewall us for two more weeks. All the time my tenants had no hot water. We asked for a replacement.They said no. Finally, I had my plumber install another brand. All OK. They picked up the bad unit (to test). Never heard from them again. Stay away from this company.

Date created: 2016-08-30 Name: Rich Jones
Location: Dunkirk, NY

"Bradford's junk water heaters"
This is junk, I had a star water heater for 17 years, no trouble, just got old in a damp basement. This one I replaced in 11/15 and I've had nothing but trouble. I had to replace the rod, the company said that is why my water was smelling, just replace it and you're good to go. So I did. Well, that didn't work, still the same smell. Dumped bleach in, good for 6 weeks and then it's back. Call them, they say my water is bad, so I spend money to get it tested, and the water sample comes back good. Never had trouble with that star heater, 17 years no trouble?

Date created: 2016-08-17 Name: K. Macaitis
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Piece of junk"
3 water heaters in 7 years. No! Will never again allow a Bradford White in my house. The first time the tank failed it cost $170 for installation after slightly more than 2 years. The second time the tank failed, a $170 installation after slightly more than 2 years. The third time the tank failed after 2.5 years (total of 6.5 years). Pulled the piece of crap out and replaced it with a Rheem. I'm so sorry I ever listened to the idiot that recommended Bradford-White and I will bad mouth them everywhere I can find their name listed.

Date created: 2016-07-11 Name: w. lenhardt
Location: Alberta, Canada

"incredible junk"
Had a 50 gallon installed and 10 days later, the pilot light went out and wont stay lit. My local plumber installed it so I had no idea as to the lack of quality of this brand. I see that the reviews are either really good or really bad. Makes me think that the really good reviews are company "ringers" who are trying to counteract the reality of the crap they sell.

Date created: 2016-07-11 Name: R. Brown
Location: Indianaoplis, IN

"Crappy water heater"
Electric heater installed in March of 2015 (16 months ago). The element is out already. Had to pay a plumber to replace the element. He agreed that this company has bad heaters. I will never use this product again.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: James
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"Bad product; bad warranty"
I am extremely unhappy with the Bradford White Defender water heater that my local company installed in April of 2015. My water heater is experiencing some sort of white powdery build up in the internal heating mechanisms. This causes the breaker to overheat and trip off. This has been happening to the unit since the start of 2016. Service call discovered the white powder build up and they removed it. The same problem is happening again to my water heater not but 3 months later. Their warranty covers component parts and the tank for leakage specific to manufacturing defects. Which is to say they will only cover it if it has a water leak. Not their crummy internal firing mechanisms. Upon complaint their response was: "Thank you for your opinion and we wish you the best in your future endeavors."

Date created: 2016-05-30 Name: Jeff
Location: New Braunfels, TX

"Poor quality"
This unit was just in service for over 3 years when the gas controller failed. About 6 months later, the tank developed a leak where the flame was impinging on the bottom. Because of new government energy regulations, this unit is supposedly not available anymore and I'm going to have to pay $50-100 more for the equivalent replacement. While under warranty, failures like this before the unit is even 4 years old is unacceptable. Not to mention that I have to pay a plumber to fix them.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: North Chesterfield, VA

"The best Water Heater on the market today."
I have lived in my home for over 12 years and have not had any problems with my water heater. The brand of water heater that I have is the Bradford White brand, model 22240251-A01. This is the best brand to purchase, because of its high efficiency, energy saving, and defender Safety System features. Most water heaters on the market today only last 10 years before there is an issue, but the Bradford White brand last much much longer. The water heater heats my water very fast and has an internal Intelligent diagnostics feature. Other features include an automatic gas cut-off valve if there are any problems. I would recommend this water heater to friends and family based on the features and the quality of it. There is nothing that I dislike about this brand. It is an excellent and highly efficient brand. It is one of the best water heaters on the market today.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Name: joe
Location: La Canada, CA

"Crap"
Lasted 6 years -- now the pilot won't light! Plumber tells me they can't repair in California -- no parts and too expensive. So it's on to the landfill -- really? I remember when water heaters lasted 20 years. What a piece of crap.