Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-07-11 Name: w. lenhardt
Location: Alberta, Canada

"incredible junk"
Had a 50 gallon installed and 10 days later, the pilot light went out and wont stay lit. My local plumber installed it so I had no idea as to the lack of quality of this brand. I see that the reviews are either really good or really bad. Makes me think that the really good reviews are company "ringers" who are trying to counteract the reality of the crap they sell.

Date created: 2016-07-11 Name: R. Brown
Location: Indianaoplis, IN

"Crappy water heater"
Electric heater installed in March of 2015 (16 months ago). The element is out already. Had to pay a plumber to replace the element. He agreed that this company has bad heaters. I will never use this product again.

Date created: 2016-06-08 Name: James
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"Bad product; bad warranty"
I am extremely unhappy with the Bradford White Defender water heater that my local company installed in April of 2015. My water heater is experiencing some sort of white powdery build up in the internal heating mechanisms. This causes the breaker to overheat and trip off. This has been happening to the unit since the start of 2016. Service call discovered the white powder build up and they removed it. The same problem is happening again to my water heater not but 3 months later. Their warranty covers component parts and the tank for leakage specific to manufacturing defects. Which is to say they will only cover it if it has a water leak. Not their crummy internal firing mechanisms. Upon complaint their response was: "Thank you for your opinion and we wish you the best in your future endeavors."

Date created: 2016-05-30 Name: Jeff
Location: New Braunfels, TX

"Poor quality"
This unit was just in service for over 3 years when the gas controller failed. About 6 months later, the tank developed a leak where the flame was impinging on the bottom. Because of new government energy regulations, this unit is supposedly not available anymore and I'm going to have to pay $50-100 more for the equivalent replacement. While under warranty, failures like this before the unit is even 4 years old is unacceptable. Not to mention that I have to pay a plumber to fix them.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Location: North Chesterfield, VA

"The best Water Heater on the market today."
I have lived in my home for over 12 years and have not had any problems with my water heater. The brand of water heater that I have is the Bradford White brand, model 22240251-A01. This is the best brand to purchase, because of its high efficiency, energy saving, and defender Safety System features. Most water heaters on the market today only last 10 years before there is an issue, but the Bradford White brand last much much longer. The water heater heats my water very fast and has an internal Intelligent diagnostics feature. Other features include an automatic gas cut-off valve if there are any problems. I would recommend this water heater to friends and family based on the features and the quality of it. There is nothing that I dislike about this brand. It is an excellent and highly efficient brand. It is one of the best water heaters on the market today.

Date created: 2016-05-23 Name: joe
Location: La Canada, CA

"Crap"
Lasted 6 years -- now the pilot won't light! Plumber tells me they can't repair in California -- no parts and too expensive. So it's on to the landfill -- really? I remember when water heaters lasted 20 years. What a piece of crap.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Location: West Chester, PA

"Bradford White Defender Water Heater Review"
I have owned the Bradford White Defender hot water heater for just over 3 years. I am very satisfied with it. It is a natural gas hot water heater that seems to be energy efficient. It says it has a "Hydrojet Total Performance System" that reduces sediment buildup, lowers operating costs and produces more hot water. It's quiet and the water temperature is adjustable and always hot when I need it. Our gas bills are less than they were with the old water heater that we replaced which was 10 years old. There is really nothing that I dislike about it. We had it installed by a professional plumber who recommended the brand. I would follow our plumber's recommendation on what make to get when I have to replace this one. I would buy the same brand again if that's what the plumber recommends in ten years. I would recommend this brand to a friend, particularly because a professional plumber recommended it to us.

Date created: 2016-05-16 Name: M. T.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Repeated problems with Bradford-White"
I had a Bradford-White water heater installed in fall of 2012 which completely failed in December 2015. The company replaced it with a new "improved" water heater, so the installer told me. Five months later, there is corrosion around one of the nipples and dripping from the pressure relief valve again. I have a pressure regulation valve, an expansion tank and a water softener, all professionally installed. So I know that too much pressure and water quality are not a problem. I will never buy a Bradford-White again. I plan on replacing it with a Rheem when it finally completely goes again.

Date created: 2016-05-15 Name: jim vogel
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Terrible design & product"
5 years old, stinky water. Told to change anode rod. It's not universal, had to buy theirs at 3 times the price and not easy to put in by yourself. Cheaper to buy a Rheem at Home Depot and their anode are sold there for $20. Plumber never tells you they need changing, just wants your money!

Date created: 2016-05-10 Location: Lexington,KY

"Best Water Heater That I Have Ever Used"
This is the best water heater I have ever owned. I installed it last year, due to the old one leaking. I love it because I always have hot water. I have a lot of back pain, so some days I use the shower 3 times a day and sometimes 20 minutes straight and I never run out of hot water. It is far better than any other water heater that I have used. Nobody likes running out of hot water. With this water heater, I never run out of hot water. What is even better is my family doesn't have to juggle our schedules, in other words my wife can do the dishes while someone is taking a shower. It doesn't affect the hot water, no matter how much demand we put on it at once. If you need a new water heater, you should consider this brand and the name of my water heater is called the Defender. So it stands up to its name that is for sure. I will never buy a different brand.