Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Mary Stephens
Location: Willowick, OH

"6 year tank lasted 11 years"
Bradford-White: Defender Safety System / Hydrojet Total Performance System Unit (40 gal) worked very well for 11 years. Unit was installed May 22, 2006 and it is now leaking April 2017. Unit never manually flushed of sediment. Unit survived at least two floods in basement (storm water backup from sanitary sewer)

Date created: 2017-04-07 Name: J. Moore
Location: Calgary, AB

"Terrible Design Terrible Technical Service"
I had to replace an excellent water heater, Apollo Hydroswirl, with a Bradford and White hydro jet. The Bradford and White is a 75 us gallon tank. In a 60 gallon bath I only get 43 of hot water. After some testing I pulled the dip tube. By design (poor design) this dip tube is perforated at the top and bottom. The top perforations allow back mixing of cold and hot water immediately. The same effect as having a broken dip tube. When I called to ask if they had a non perforated dip option for that tank he told me to call a plumber instead of discussing the issue with me. I am still remorse at the loss of my Apollo hydroswirl that had a dip right to the bottom of the tank and then coiled on the base so that it turned the water and had a maximum plug of hot water above the cold water inlet. Poor Form Bradford and White. Fool me once, but never a second time.

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: Donald Cothren
Location: Cathlamet, WA

"Bradford sucks"
Three Bradford white water heaters in 11 years so I'm going with something else. What a piece of junk. Do not buy. I'm on city water don't have hard water good water just a piece of junk. Said they wouldn't cover warranty after three, so people you better not buy this piece of junk.

Date created: 2017-03-18 Name: Angela W.
Location: Olive Branch, MS

"13 years old and still working great!"
We've had our Bradford White for 7 years and couldn't be happier. I'm writing this review because we recently contacted them and received wonderful service. We didn't have to pay for the replacement parts (combustion part) and we received the part the next day. I highly recommend Bradford White.

Date created: 2017-03-14 Name: Dana C. Morreale
Location: New Castle, PA

"Lousy response from them."
Heater has gone out 4 times. Bw tod installer to wait for the 5th time then they would replace the automatic valve!!! This after the sensor unit had been replaced 2 visits previously. Parts are never local and need to be ordered or driven nearly 50 miles to obtain!! Don't purchase!!!

Date created: 2017-02-25 Name: Jw
Location: Davis County, UT

"Poorly made water heater"
As a professional in the plumbing industry I installed Bradford white water heaters for several years and they turned into a constant call back I have seen Bradford White Water Heaters flood a basement at 6 months with the average being three to four years. The electronic gas valves are very unreliable. From a service standpoint they're great because they keep me in business and there guaranteed to fail. Occasionally I get one that lasts as long as it's supposed to but very rarely. 80% of the Bradford White water heaters that I come across all have water softeners with them and they still fail had three to four years. If I could recommend a water heater based on 12 years of experience the Rheem water heater has been the best, they offer a basic standard gas valve that has worked for 50 years and still works great today with no electronic nonsense that will break.

Date created: 2017-02-18 Name: Bill
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada

"Junk - don't buy"
Found this site - and felt compelled to join and write. If I can save one person from this product, it's worth it. We built our house in '06. For a water heater (tank is what we call them here in Canada) the contractor installed a Bradford White. Our old house - we replaced the water tank about 3 years before we sold it, that water tank was about 25 years old. When I had this house built, because of our hard water content, I had a water softener installed as well. Well, about 7 years later, our hot water tank (Bradford White) died. Leaked all over the place. Luckily it was till under warranty, but had to find a plumber that would honor it which I did. Tank was replaced but I was still on the hook for the labor (which wasn't cheap). Well, as I write this, today, 3 years after the original one died, this one died. So that's two Bradford White water tanks in 11 years. That to me is unacceptable, and judging by the reviews here I'm far from the only one. So to make a long story short, I'm getting a completely different one - I won't bother even trying to see if this is covered on a warranty - I really don't trust it. So heed our warnings - do not buy this. If you're building new - tell your contractor to not use this brand.

Date created: 2017-02-13 Name: Eugene Evans
Location: Sun Lakes, AZ

"No parts available"
Do not buy if you live in the Mesa/Chandler AZ Area. Everyone sells the heaters no one has parts like a thermocoupler.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: jonathan
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Bradford White 100 gallon water tank"
We have 2 of these tanks and both have died! Less than 4 years old. We installed one as a backup. Went to use it -- only lasted 3 months. We have replaced burner pilot on both. We are now replacing the burner pilot again after 30 days. I have never been so disappointed in a product in my life!!! Stay away from this Company. Terrible product.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Wyatt Helsabeck
Location: Lexington, NC

"Critical"
Our first water heater in our new home lasted 19 years. It was not a Bradford White. It was replaced by a Bradford White heater, which went bad after only 8 years and 11 months. It leaked all over our carpet, which had to be treated by a professional cleaning company. Total cost to us, about $1,200. I wrote the CEO of Bradford White a month ago. To date there has been no response, which I consider to be very unprofessional and customer unfriendly. The dealer who installed the Bradford White heater has stopped handling them, I assume due to customer complaints. Our experience with the Bradford White company has been very unsatisfactory.