Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2017-03-14 Name: Dana C. Morreale
Location: New Castle, PA

"Lousy response from them."
Heater has gone out 4 times. Bw tod installer to wait for the 5th time then they would replace the automatic valve!!! This after the sensor unit had been replaced 2 visits previously. Parts are never local and need to be ordered or driven nearly 50 miles to obtain!! Don't purchase!!!

Date created: 2017-02-25 Name: Jw
Location: Davis county

"Poorly made water heater"
As a professional in the plumbing industry I installed Bradford white water heaters for several years and they turned into a constant call back I have seen Bradford White Water Heaters flood a basement at 6 months with the average being three to four years. The electronic gas valves are very unreliable. From a service standpoint they're great because they keep me in business and there guaranteed to fail. Occasionally I get one that lasts as long as it's supposed to but very rarely. 80% of the Bradford White water heaters that I come across all have water softeners with them and they still fail had three to four years. If I could recommend a water heater based on 12 years of experience the Rheem water heater has been the best, they offer a basic standard gas valve that has worked for 50 years and still works great today with no electronic nonsense that will break.

Date created: 2017-02-18 Name: Bill
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada

"Junk - don't buy"
Found this site - and felt compelled to join and write. If I can save one person from this product, it's worth it. We built our house in '06. For a water heater (tank is what we call them here in Canada) the contractor installed a Bradford White. Our old house - we replaced the water tank about 3 years before we sold it, that water tank was about 25 years old. When I had this house built, because of our hard water content, I had a water softener installed as well. Well, about 7 years later, our hot water tank (Bradford White) died. Leaked all over the place. Luckily it was till under warranty, but had to find a plumber that would honor it which I did. Tank was replaced but I was still on the hook for the labor (which wasn't cheap). Well, as I write this, today, 3 years after the original one died, this one died. So that's two Bradford White water tanks in 11 years. That to me is unacceptable, and judging by the reviews here I'm far from the only one. So to make a long story short, I'm getting a completely different one - I won't bother even trying to see if this is covered on a warranty - I really don't trust it. So heed our warnings - do not buy this. If you're building new - tell your contractor to not use this brand.

Date created: 2017-02-13 Name: Eugene Evans
Location: Sun Lakes, AZ

"No parts available"
Do not buy if you live in the Mesa/Chandler AZ Area. Everyone sells the heaters no one has parts like a thermocoupler.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: jonathan
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Bradford White 100 gallon water tank"
We have 2 of these tanks and both have died! Less than 4 years old. We installed one as a backup. Went to use it -- only lasted 3 months. We have replaced burner pilot on both. We are now replacing the burner pilot again after 30 days. I have never been so disappointed in a product in my life!!! Stay away from this Company. Terrible product.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Wyatt Helsabeck
Location: Lexington, NC

"Critical"
Our first water heater in our new home lasted 19 years. It was not a Bradford White. It was replaced by a Bradford White heater, which went bad after only 8 years and 11 months. It leaked all over our carpet, which had to be treated by a professional cleaning company. Total cost to us, about $1,200. I wrote the CEO of Bradford White a month ago. To date there has been no response, which I consider to be very unprofessional and customer unfriendly. The dealer who installed the Bradford White heater has stopped handling them, I assume due to customer complaints. Our experience with the Bradford White company has been very unsatisfactory.

Date created: 2016-12-15 Name: Eric
Location: Warrenton, VA

"Great value had 34 years still works"
Great electric water heater. Put in service on 5/1/1984, when I built the home. First 15 years I drained tank once. I have not touched it since. It's getting a little rust on the outside bottom, so I'm shopping for a new one, staying with this brand.

Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: R Caughern
Location: Howe, Ok

"Don't last long"
Put in service 6/5/2009. Rusted out and leaking 12/1/2017.

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: Stephania Williams
Location: Pikeville, KY

"Won't back their products"
I purchased a Bradford White 40 gallon gas water heater from an individual who had bought one, then decided not to use it. The hardware store would only give them an exchange, so they listed it for sale. I contacted Bradford White directly, and they said the warranty was transferrable, that they used the manufacture date to establish warranty periods. So I bought it. Less than two months after installation, the gas pilot assembly failed, meaning the pilot light would not stay lit and the burner would not light. That was the beginning of a serious run-around. I contacted Bradford White, who told me to call a plumber and have him call them to diagnose the problem. Plumber service call: $150. Bradford White advised the plumber to contact the original point of sale and get a replacement unit. After two weeks of "I will call you back as soon as I find out from my vendor if we can do that," I get a text telling me to bring the unit in, they are going to replace it. Hooray! But wait, three hours later, I get a call telling me they are not sure, that the unit was issued as a warranty replacement in the first place, so they are not sure. Four days later, they tell me they are not going to cover it, not even the cost of the part to repair it. Not because of the transferred warranty, but because it was issued as a warranty replacement. So they sold a defective product, replaced that defective product, and then when the replacement was proven to be defective, refused to cover it. Either way, Bradford White is refusing to even cover the cost of a $30 part on a unit that has been used for less than two months. So now we have been almost a month with no hot water, and I have to wait another week for them to order the part--at my expense. I will never buy any Bradford White product again!

Date created: 2016-10-16 Name: D Wintermute
Location: Edmonton, Canada

"Complaint"
I had a Bradford White hot water tank installed in 2004. It lasted 5 years and had to be replaced under warranty. Charge of $450.00 to me for installation of a new Bradford White. This one lasted until two months ago, 6 years in total, therefore not covered by warranty..Complaints to both USA and Canadian manufacturers of Bradford White were totally useless. I now have a new John Wood hot water tank (the same brand I had before the first Bradford White replacement). I would never, repeat never, have another Bradford White product in my home. Any manufacturing company can have a 'lemon' but after my experience with two such lemons and no compensation from Bradford White, I'm done!