Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2017-02-18 Name: Bill
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada

"Junk - don't buy"
Found this site - and felt compelled to join and write. If I can save one person from this product, it's worth it. We built our house in '06. For a water heater (tank is what we call them here in Canada) the contractor installed a Bradford White. Our old house - we replaced the water tank about 3 years before we sold it, that water tank was about 25 years old. When I had this house built, because of our hard water content, I had a water softener installed as well. Well, about 7 years later, our hot water tank (Bradford White) died. Leaked all over the place. Luckily it was till under warranty, but had to find a plumber that would honor it which I did. Tank was replaced but I was still on the hook for the labor (which wasn't cheap). Well, as I write this, today, 3 years after the original one died, this one died. So that's two Bradford White water tanks in 11 years. That to me is unacceptable, and judging by the reviews here I'm far from the only one. So to make a long story short, I'm getting a completely different one - I won't bother even trying to see if this is covered on a warranty - I really don't trust it. So heed our warnings - do not buy this. If you're building new - tell your contractor to not use this brand.

Date created: 2017-02-13 Name: Eugene Evans
Location: Sun Lakes, AZ

"No parts available"
Do not buy if you live in the Mesa/Chandler AZ Area. Everyone sells the heaters no one has parts like a thermocoupler.

Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: jonathan
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

"Bradford White 100 gallon water tank"
We have 2 of these tanks and both have died! Less than 4 years old. We installed one as a backup. Went to use it -- only lasted 3 months. We have replaced burner pilot on both. We are now replacing the burner pilot again after 30 days. I have never been so disappointed in a product in my life!!! Stay away from this Company. Terrible product.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Wyatt Helsabeck
Location: Lexington, NC

"Critical"
Our first water heater in our new home lasted 19 years. It was not a Bradford White. It was replaced by a Bradford White heater, which went bad after only 8 years and 11 months. It leaked all over our carpet, which had to be treated by a professional cleaning company. Total cost to us, about $1,200. I wrote the CEO of Bradford White a month ago. To date there has been no response, which I consider to be very unprofessional and customer unfriendly. The dealer who installed the Bradford White heater has stopped handling them, I assume due to customer complaints. Our experience with the Bradford White company has been very unsatisfactory.

Date created: 2016-12-15 Name: Eric
Location: Warrenton,va

"Great value had 34 years still works"
Great electric water heater. Put in service on 5/1/1984, when I built the home. First 15 years I drained tank once. I have not touched it since. It's getting a little rust on the outside bottom, so I'm shopping for a new one, staying with this brand.

Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: R Caughern
Location: Howe, Ok

"Don't last long"
Put in service 6/5/2009. Rusted out and leaking 12/1/2017.

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: Stephania Williams
Location: Pikeville, KY

"Won't back their products"
I purchased a Bradford White 40 gallon gas water heater from an individual who had bought one, then decided not to use it. The hardware store would only give them an exchange, so they listed it for sale. I contacted Bradford White directly, and they said the warranty was transferrable, that they used the manufacture date to establish warranty periods. So I bought it. Less than two months after installation, the gas pilot assembly failed, meaning the pilot light would not stay lit and the burner would not light. That was the beginning of a serious run-around. I contacted Bradford White, who told me to call a plumber and have him call them to diagnose the problem. Plumber service call: $150. Bradford White advised the plumber to contact the original point of sale and get a replacement unit. After two weeks of "I will call you back as soon as I find out from my vendor if we can do that," I get a text telling me to bring the unit in, they are going to replace it. Hooray! But wait, three hours later, I get a call telling me they are not sure, that the unit was issued as a warranty replacement in the first place, so they are not sure. Four days later, they tell me they are not going to cover it, not even the cost of the part to repair it. Not because of the transferred warranty, but because it was issued as a warranty replacement. So they sold a defective product, replaced that defective product, and then when the replacement was proven to be defective, refused to cover it. Either way, Bradford White is refusing to even cover the cost of a $30 part on a unit that has been used for less than two months. So now we have been almost a month with no hot water, and I have to wait another week for them to order the part--at my expense. I will never buy any Bradford White product again!

Date created: 2016-10-16 Name: D Wintermute
Location: Edmonton, Canada

"Complaint"
I had a Bradford White hot water tank installed in 2004. It lasted 5 years and had to be replaced under warranty. Charge of $450.00 to me for installation of a new Bradford White. This one lasted until two months ago, 6 years in total, therefore not covered by warranty..Complaints to both USA and Canadian manufacturers of Bradford White were totally useless. I now have a new John Wood hot water tank (the same brand I had before the first Bradford White replacement). I would never, repeat never, have another Bradford White product in my home. Any manufacturing company can have a 'lemon' but after my experience with two such lemons and no compensation from Bradford White, I'm done!

Date created: 2016-10-02 Name: Patricia A Mitchell
Location: Holmen, WI

"Water heater is no good"
I'm very disappointed with my gas Bradford White water heater. Already had to replace it after only 8 years, and it was in a 1 person household. Needless to say I didn't put in another Bradford White. Wouldn't recommend it.

Date created: 2016-09-29 Name: t. crowley
Location: Dayton, OH

"Electric 50 gal residential"
Purchased in 2006 and in 2013 tank started leaking. The water heater was replaced under the 10-year warranty. In 2016 the tank started leaking and the control unit burned out and popped the circuit breaker. This was just after the original 10-year warranty ran out. That is two water heaters in ten years! I'm never using this company's product again.