Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-02-10 Location: Roscommon, MI

"Bradford White M140L60S: Solid, Dependable, Efficient"
We've owned the Bradford White M140L60S in our home for about five years. It replaced a very old boiler than had been there since the house was built. We really like it. Before our old boiler had trouble keeping up with a house of four. Hot water would constantly run out and consume too much energy because of it's efforts and that was a major issue. The M140L60S has none of those issues. It has a sizable capacity, it's well insulated and keeps the water hot without burning through your electricity bill, and has been rock solid since we've had it. There are no downsides to this boiler. For the five years we've owned it, we haven't had any problems with it. Never run out of hot water, it dropped our electricity bill, and it's been as reliable as it was on day one. Hasn't needed a servicing or repair yet. If we had to choose again, I'd definitely go with the Bradford White again and should we need to replace it in the future, we'll definitely consider the brand. If you need a boiler that's efficient and reliable, the Bradford White M140L60S is the way to go.

Date created: 2015-02-09 Name: Linda
Location: Illinois

"Very unsatisfied"
After my Rheem heater gave me 20 years of service, I thought I would buy a new one before I had any issues. I bought a Bradford White water heater because my plumber highly recommended it and it was made in the USA. After just 2 1/2 years, I came home one night with water all over my utility room. Thank goodness I had a drain. So I had to call the original plumber, since it was under warranty. He replaced it but wanted to charge me $450.00 for labor. After I told him that was unreasonable, he went down to $390.00. Also, the warranty on the new heater is only for the remaining years on the original one. Seems like if they stand behind their heaters, Bradford would give you a new 6-year warranty. I can't wait to see my water bill since it was draining and refilling all day. Since this cheap heater cost me $1000.00 for the original, $390.00 for the labor to replace it, and an extravagant water bill, I will never buy this heater again. I will also tell all my family and friends of my wonderful experience.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: M. Schaff
Location: Shawnee, KS

"No complaints"
Our home was installed with a Bradford White water heater back in 2000. It's lasted 15 years, we are getting it replaced today. We have no complaints.

Date created: 2015-01-23 Name: Todd
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Insulation air pockets"
So my old Bradford White water heater lasted a good 12 years. I decided to go with another Bradford White again. Wow...technology has changed and so has the quality. Tech is good, but the quality needs some support. I had a 1 x 5-inch dent in the top side portion of the heater, so before installing it I took off the cap and looked to see if it was damaged (none). (The box did not look damaged or marked, so I'm assuming it happened at the factory side before boxing up). To my surprise, though, on the opposite top side, the blown-in insulation was non-existent (3” x 12”) and you could see the metal tank underneath. So, we stuffed that up with more insulation and fixed that. Now that it is running, there are parts of the heater that are warm to the touch. I’d say 30%, in all different areas. My old heater gave off no heat at all. So I wonder just how bad the insulation is around the whole unit. Since it is blown in, it is most likely air pockets of no insulation around the whole thing.

Date created: 2015-01-06 Name: S. Spears
Location: Boise, ID

"14 Years Ain't Bad"
We bought our house in 1996. At the time it was 8 years old, with the original water heater still in place. The original water heater failed in 2001 at 13 years old and we replaced it with a Bradford White. It failed yesterday at the age of 14 years old and we replaced it with another Bradford White. I am very pleased with the lifespan of 14 years and have every reason to believe that the new Bradford White will last about the same amount of time. If I get 12-14 years out of the new water heater I will be happy, if I only get 8-10 years out of it then I will not be so happy. I believe there is a direct correlation between life span and the amount of use. I.e., a small family puts less demand and therefore less stress on a water heater than a large family. Nothing negative implied, just an obvious fact. This theory is borne out by the fact that I know other people with large families who say they typically replace their water heaters every 7 years.

Date created: 2015-01-03 Name: Lynn Miller
Location: Columbia

"Bad water heater"
We had this gas water heater installed in 2011. We had problems right after 10 months. Finally, after 3 years of no hot water and having to go outside to relight it, we finally got rid of this pos.

Date created: 2014-12-28 Name: Dennis N
Location: Dallas, TX

"Very Reliable"
I had two MI403S6 40-gallon gas water heaters installed when our home was built in 1998. 16 years later, they are still going. I agree with the licensed plumbers. It seems people post more often when there are problems. I will shop for a new pair of Bradford Whites.

Date created: 2014-12-10 Name: pete
Location: dayton, oh

"Bradford white poor product and customer service"
“My house came with a Bradford White gas water heater with an electric blower that has a 6 yr warranty. Yesterday the water heater broke and water went all over the basement floor and needs to be replaced. The water heater is 6 yr and 11 months old. This puts it conveniently outside the 6 year warranty. When I called the company I was told “sorry, it is out of warranty they (Bradford White Corp) will not do anything”. They said water heaters are designed to last 10 years+, industry standard is only 6 yr warranty, and they would do nothing about their product's failure. Additionally I was told “Since it out of warranty they Bradford White Corp) won’t do anything, but we will sell me a new water heater at full price”. I called the plumber who was going to install the new one and told them I did not want a Bradford water heater put back in, and was told b/c of size and space issue with my house I’m stuck with getting a Bradford. This post and others I’m leaving is to warn any other soon to be water heater buyers not to get a Bradford White Water heater b/c they do not stand by their product, have poor customer service, and have products that conveniently break when the warranty is up. If anyone wants to contact me to discuss, you can email me at psamborsky24@yahoo.com. Beware of Bradford White products!

Date created: 2014-12-10 Name: Peter Samborsky
Location: Dayton, OH

"Horrible"
My house came with a Bradford White gas water heater with an electric blower that has a 6-year warranty. After the 6-year warranty, within the 7th year of life, it has to be replaced. When I called the company I was told, “Sorry, it is out of warranty we will not do anything”. They said all their water heaters are designed to last 10 years, but they only offer a 6-year warranty. Additionally, I was told, “Since it is out of warranty we won't do anything, but we will sell you a new water heater at full price”. If you’re looking for a water heater use any company other than Bradford White. They do not stand behind their product!

Date created: 2014-11-24 Name: J. O'Leary
Location: Toronto

"Horrible product"
I moved into a brand new house, bought a brand new water heater tank, and after 5 years and 4 months it started leaking from the bottom. I contacted the installer, Brenmar, and they told me they went out of business. It is clear that Bradford White deals with non-reputable dealers. In the same way, they are not reputable. Stay away. Do not buy. Don't even dare to have this installed in your home. Chances are a hundred percent it will break. I would rather shiver my ass in a cold shower than get hot water from a Bradford White product!