Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2012-08-12 Location: Chicago, IL

"Having the Perfect Water Heater"
I have the best water heater that anyone could possibly ask for. For as long as I have been living in this home, which has been for 20 years, I have never had any extreme problems with my water heater. The thing I like the most about it is the fact that it doesn't cause any problems, and I can adjust it when I need to. There are not many things I can say about it that I dislike. I never had to repair the water heater at all and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. I would also buy this brand again if I needed to replace this one, or another one, if I move. There are also many different features that come along with this water heater that has made my life a lot easier. I hear about others experiencing problems with their water tanks, and I refer them to this brand.

Date created: 2012-05-24 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Bradford White MI40T6DS13 sixty gallon hot water heater fulfills purpose, but is nothing to celelbrate."
My apartment, which is equipped with this water heater, has been my place of residence for about a year now. The heater was installed in my unit two years before I moved in. So far, I have not had any issue with it. The thermostat is easy to access and adjust, and, upon opening the access panel, I found that the internals are surprisingly well constructed for what is probably, given the price range of all the other appliances in my unit, a lower-end model. You can make very fine adjustments to the temperature settings, which I found to be an excellent feature when trying to find the balance between the super hot water that I so love, and the affordable electric bill that I so need. My complaints are relatively minor. First, the 60 gallon capacity may be a bit meager if you enjoy long showers, but that's not an issue with the specific model or manufacturer. Secondly, the energy efficiency leaves something to be desired. It isn't awful, but at a peak usage of 5109 kwh/year, It certainly doesn't lead its class for its size, either. Overall, I'd recommend this product if you are looking for a basic model, medium-capacity water heater for your apartment, vacation home, or bungalow. Bradford White definitely has produced a quality product.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Location: Erie, PA

"My love for my water heater!"
I have owned this water heater for about four years, when we did a downstairs bathroom add-in. We bought it so we didn't have to tie into the showers water heater I like that it heats water fast, and it does so because of the small capacity. I dislike that it has a small capacity, so when we use that hot water alot, it runs out fast. No repairs so far!! I would probably recommend to a friend that they research all options, and consider this one for their short list.

Date created: 2012-05-03 Location: Englewood, CO

"Review of Bradford Defender WV8840A"
I have owned the water heater for about 6 months now. It was replacing a very old, expensive water heater. I really really love this water heater. The capacity is huge and easily has enough water for my girlfriend and I. With multiple loads of laundry, multiple showers, and multiple dishes washing all in a close time span I have never run out of hot water. Also it is very economical and will probably pay for itself in a little over a year. The one thing that I dislike about it, is that it is somewhat load, We have the heater sitting in our mud room and we can hear it through the kitchen into the living room. It is a very new item in this house so we have never had to replace or repair the item. I would absolutely recommend it as it is very efficient and very good at what it does. I would also purchase it again.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Cottage Grove, MN

"Adequate to the task at hand."
This gas heated water heater was installed in our new home when we bought it. (Our house was a model in the development.) We weren't offered any upgrades or options at the time. Our water heater is 10 years old. What we like: It's, in theory, energy efficient and has been without issue in the 10 years we have lived with it. What we don't like: Sometimes slow to heat water and adjusting the temperature can be difficult. No repairs or replacement. I think I would recommend this water heater brand. I think the problems of temperature control placement are something easily resolved and would think that they would have been fixed in 10 years.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Aliso Viejo, CA

"Value for Reliability"
After our 25+ year old water heater started leaking, we replaced it with a 40-gallon 6-year gas Bradford White Defender water heater two months ago with satisfaction. The unit's Honeywell based controller for ignition and temperature control makes pilot lighting, system adjustment, and status monitoring (via LED) much easier than other controllers. From our experience of turning down the temperature prior to leaving on vacation and returning after three weeks and having at-temperature water within 30 minutes of restoring the setting indicates very good insulation and/or very good recovery. We haven't had to service the unit yet, but according to the installer, parts are readily available on same day, adding confidence to serviceability. We also like that Bradford White uses a magnesium anode rod instead of aluminum in their products, according to our research. One hesitation is that Bradford White uses a combo rod and doesn't have a place to install an extra rod to extend unit life beyond the guaranteed warranty period. What really made us sold on the Defender was its' FVIR design compared to other makes. Bradford White's system has a resettable or easily replaceable FVIR module, while their competitors use glass vials or have narrow air intake ports prone to dust buildup. With our experience and competitive research, I'd definitely recommend the Bradford White Defender water heater to others.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Location: Swedesboro NJ

"A heater with new technology"
I am remodeling my home and I purchased the Bradford White water heater about two months ago. I got the 40 gallon, 40,000 BTU unit. It has what they call "intelligent diagnostics" on it, which is an led light which emits a series of codes based on the message. I like that it has some newer technology in it. The unit itself is smaller than my old unit and it is rated at a much higher efficiency. I have a larger house with two small children and I haven't had occasion to run out of hot water. Another bonus in my mind was that it is maintenance free (no cleaning of the flame arrestor necessary). I am pleased with its efficiency and its build quality and haven't had any issues with it. The one small thing I didn't like about it was that it was a bit taller than my old one and didn't fit as well. I did some research before buying this unit and I have confidence that this heater will last for years to come. If I had to buy a heater again though, I would buy this one.

Date created: 2011-12-12 Location: Carpentersville, IL

"Great if you like a 5 minute shower, not even enough hot water to take a bath"
I live in a condo in the NW suburbs of Chicago. My place is entirely electric, including the water heater, which I thought would be great and saving on natural gas, until I discovered it fits inside of a kitchen cabinet. This is not good for taking a decently long shower. The water takes forever to warm back up again. So, running the dishwasher and then taking a shower are unrealistic unless you like cold showers. I have had to have the heating element replaced once in 7 years which I do not think is too bad. However, that is due to the mineralized content of the water in my town, otherwise it would last longer. I would likely buy the same brand again, but would have the plumbing redone in my place so that I could have a decent sized water heater, so I could take a bath. All in all, decent for a one bed + condo, with one person, but would not be ideal for 2 people living here.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: US CA LA firestone park

"A review of my water heater."
I bought this brand's water heater about 5 years back and i am very satisfied with this brand and model's efficiency and working.when was buying this brand i was bit confused but after experiencing it in my own home i found it as i expected.one and the only thing i dislike about it is it's color.a very limited range of colors are available for this brand but i still like to buy it once again if i need it for my new home.i never replaced or recovered it because it is working in its proper way,and yes definitely iam goin to recommend it to all of my friends and relatives because i experienced it and its heating and water capacity is very good.thnx for having my review about my own water heater.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Minneapolis, MN

"The Unpredictable Water Heater"
We actually own two of this Bradford White water heater, both are gas units. One is used for in floor heat during the winter months, and the other takes care of all the other water needs. We have owned both of these for 6 years. One thing I do like about this water heater is that it seems we always have hot water for showers and bathing. We have had different issues with each and some of the same issues with both. We have had water leakage issues with both of the water heaters. We did have one major issue with the in floor heat water heater. Which has to be replaced. The water heater started on fire. This could have been a very serious issue if we would have had anything close enough to the water heater that could have caught on fire. There was soot all over the floor, up the side of the water heater and on the venting pipe outside. We are planning on buying new water heaters do to this issue. We will not buy this brand again. We are thinking of buying two tankless water heaters.