Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2012-12-09 Name: Richard LaRock
Location: Mount Washington, KY

"Electric water heater failure"
Hot water does not keep up with demands only after 2 1/2 years. The hot water heater was installed with new construction and functioned well for a period of time but now hot water is gone with only one shower.

Date created: 2012-11-02 Name: Lewis
Location: Toronto, ON

"'very unsatisfied' ratings are accompanied by very satisfied reviews. why??"
I quickly accessed this website to get a review on the tank and saw 3/21 'very unsatisfied' ratings. I was quite alarmed. I had little time to make a decision as the tech was there with the hot water tank and ready to install before he told me the brand. In further reading these 'very unsatisfied' rated reviews they had nothing but good things to say about the tank! Can someone please reconcile this?

Date created: 2012-10-11 Name: VN
Location: Houston, TX

"Very Please with my BW"
I own a bradford White for 16 years now and have not experience any problem at all. The unit is still in working order and producing plenty of hot water. I referred this manufacturer to my neighbor when his went out.

Date created: 2012-09-26 Name: R. Hoskin
Location: Washington, DC

"After 18 months, flawless performance"
After much research, I bought this bw 50 gal. gas water heater. I purchased it online and had it installed professonally. Heater and install passed County inspection. High efficiency unit, oceans of hot water, I've never run out. Less expensive than tankless and no electricity use. We have frequent power outages (5 days in June); I could still take long hot showers. This August (no heat) I used 25 therms of gas (bill Under $50, this included all cooking, gas dryer, and gas Weber grill) Hot water heater fuel use is minimal. I liked bw fvir design (no issues with clogged filters) drain once a year is only maintence. Only issue is anode replacement could be difficult in a few years. BW's are a little more expensive than comparable other makes. But I love the reliability and all the hot water. I expect many more years of economical trouble free service.

Date created: 2012-08-12 Location: Chicago, IL

"Having the Perfect Water Heater"
I have the best water heater that anyone could possibly ask for. For as long as I have been living in this home, which has been for 20 years, I have never had any extreme problems with my water heater. The thing I like the most about it is the fact that it doesn't cause any problems, and I can adjust it when I need to. There are not many things I can say about it that I dislike. I never had to repair the water heater at all and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. I would also buy this brand again if I needed to replace this one, or another one, if I move. There are also many different features that come along with this water heater that has made my life a lot easier. I hear about others experiencing problems with their water tanks, and I refer them to this brand.

Date created: 2012-05-24 Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Bradford White MI40T6DS13 sixty gallon hot water heater fulfills purpose, but is nothing to celelbrate."
My apartment, which is equipped with this water heater, has been my place of residence for about a year now. The heater was installed in my unit two years before I moved in. So far, I have not had any issue with it. The thermostat is easy to access and adjust, and, upon opening the access panel, I found that the internals are surprisingly well constructed for what is probably, given the price range of all the other appliances in my unit, a lower-end model. You can make very fine adjustments to the temperature settings, which I found to be an excellent feature when trying to find the balance between the super hot water that I so love, and the affordable electric bill that I so need. My complaints are relatively minor. First, the 60 gallon capacity may be a bit meager if you enjoy long showers, but that's not an issue with the specific model or manufacturer. Secondly, the energy efficiency leaves something to be desired. It isn't awful, but at a peak usage of 5109 kwh/year, It certainly doesn't lead its class for its size, either. Overall, I'd recommend this product if you are looking for a basic model, medium-capacity water heater for your apartment, vacation home, or bungalow. Bradford White definitely has produced a quality product.

Date created: 2012-05-23 Location: Erie, PA

"My love for my water heater!"
I have owned this water heater for about four years, when we did a downstairs bathroom add-in. We bought it so we didn't have to tie into the showers water heater I like that it heats water fast, and it does so because of the small capacity. I dislike that it has a small capacity, so when we use that hot water alot, it runs out fast. No repairs so far!! I would probably recommend to a friend that they research all options, and consider this one for their short list.

Date created: 2012-05-03 Location: Englewood, CO

"Review of Bradford Defender WV8840A"
I have owned the water heater for about 6 months now. It was replacing a very old, expensive water heater. I really really love this water heater. The capacity is huge and easily has enough water for my girlfriend and I. With multiple loads of laundry, multiple showers, and multiple dishes washing all in a close time span I have never run out of hot water. Also it is very economical and will probably pay for itself in a little over a year. The one thing that I dislike about it, is that it is somewhat load, We have the heater sitting in our mud room and we can hear it through the kitchen into the living room. It is a very new item in this house so we have never had to replace or repair the item. I would absolutely recommend it as it is very efficient and very good at what it does. I would also purchase it again.

Date created: 2012-04-27 Location: Cottage Grove, MN

"Adequate to the task at hand."
This gas heated water heater was installed in our new home when we bought it. (Our house was a model in the development.) We weren't offered any upgrades or options at the time. Our water heater is 10 years old. What we like: It's, in theory, energy efficient and has been without issue in the 10 years we have lived with it. What we don't like: Sometimes slow to heat water and adjusting the temperature can be difficult. No repairs or replacement. I think I would recommend this water heater brand. I think the problems of temperature control placement are something easily resolved and would think that they would have been fixed in 10 years.

Date created: 2012-01-13 Location: Aliso Viejo, CA

"Value for Reliability"
After our 25+ year old water heater started leaking, we replaced it with a 40-gallon 6-year gas Bradford White Defender water heater two months ago with satisfaction. The unit's Honeywell based controller for ignition and temperature control makes pilot lighting, system adjustment, and status monitoring (via LED) much easier than other controllers. From our experience of turning down the temperature prior to leaving on vacation and returning after three weeks and having at-temperature water within 30 minutes of restoring the setting indicates very good insulation and/or very good recovery. We haven't had to service the unit yet, but according to the installer, parts are readily available on same day, adding confidence to serviceability. We also like that Bradford White uses a magnesium anode rod instead of aluminum in their products, according to our research. One hesitation is that Bradford White uses a combo rod and doesn't have a place to install an extra rod to extend unit life beyond the guaranteed warranty period. What really made us sold on the Defender was its' FVIR design compared to other makes. Bradford White's system has a resettable or easily replaceable FVIR module, while their competitors use glass vials or have narrow air intake ports prone to dust buildup. With our experience and competitive research, I'd definitely recommend the Bradford White Defender water heater to others.