Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: Robert
Location: Granbury, Texas

"Crap"
Newer house in north Texas. First water heater, a Rheem, lasted 9 years. It's replacement, a Bradford White, was installed 12/2010. After four visits by our plumber to repair, we threw it out today and replaced it with another Rheem. Two plumbers tell us the bh heaters are cheap quality and not worth installing. I wish I would have known this before installing a $1000 heater, spending $600 in repairs, and then tossing it in the garbage in 2 years,

Date created: 2013-03-07 Name: Tim

"Quite possibly the worst company I have dealt with."
Water heater broke after less than 2 years. Repair company came out to try and fix multiple times. Each time, manufacturer sent the wrong part. Four days with no hot water and counting. According to repair outfit, Bradford White are cut-rate water heaters. Sounds like our builder got some kind of a deal on these. I echo many of the other reviewers' experience with this company.

Date created: 2013-03-05 Name: Tim
Location: Beloit OH.

"Owner"
First one started leaking right before warranty was up. So I got lucky. Second one lasted about 7yrs. That's 2 in 12yrs. Not replacing second one with Bradford.

Date created: 2013-02-26 Name: Jay
Location: Austin tx

"If you have Bradford white that has a Honeywell valve don't buy it!"
If you live in the Texas area, Bradford white has a Honeywell valve on it and I recommend you not using Bradford white hwh. The Honeywell valve breaks down had a plumbing company out here and was frustrated with Bradford white water heaters. He says they are crap rheem the way to go I love it no problems.

Date created: 2013-01-16 Name: GGunn
Location: Washington, DC

"Broke After 2 Months"
I am extremely disappointed in this product. Only two months after having it installed, the pilot light assembly broke down. Rather than send the parts that the plumbers need to fix it, the "call center" people second-guess them and send completely useless parts one at a time. Nearly a week later and we *still* don't have hot water. If you're thinking about a hot water heater, I urge you to consider some other brand.

Date created: 2013-01-13 Name: Tyrus Ritchie
Location: Spokane, Washington

"Flawless"
Had a 'Bradford-White' for 9 years now with no problems... Another 9 years would be great!

Date created: 2013-01-03 Name: SP
Location: Missouri City, TX

"Bradford water heater sucks and their customer service is worst"
I got Bradford water heater with my new house only to realize that it is a piece of junk and their customer service is ludicrously pathetic in just two years! They are thugs helping contractors make money for the company. I do not know how true it is, but one of the local plumber told me that my county mandated not to install Bradford white water heaters in our entire county! I do not think any plumber would like to lose work by telling lies, so I trust him.

Date created: 2012-12-09 Name: Richard LaRock
Location: Mount Washington, KY

"Electric water heater failure"
Hot water does not keep up with demands only after 2 1/2 years. The hot water heater was installed with new construction and functioned well for a period of time but now hot water is gone with only one shower.

Date created: 2012-11-02 Name: Lewis
Location: Toronto, ON

"'very unsatisfied' ratings are accompanied by very satisfied reviews. why??"
I quickly accessed this website to get a review on the tank and saw 3/21 'very unsatisfied' ratings. I was quite alarmed. I had little time to make a decision as the tech was there with the hot water tank and ready to install before he told me the brand. In further reading these 'very unsatisfied' rated reviews they had nothing but good things to say about the tank! Can someone please reconcile this?

Date created: 2012-10-11 Name: VN
Location: Houston, TX

"Very Please with my BW"
I own a bradford White for 16 years now and have not experience any problem at all. The unit is still in working order and producing plenty of hot water. I referred this manufacturer to my neighbor when his went out.