Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2014-05-22 Name: Donna Douglas
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Calif

"Do NOT BUY"
Do not buy a Bradford White water heater. Not even 6 years old and I'm having problems with the lighter.

Date created: 2014-04-28 Name: david
Location: san diego

"6 years POS"
Replaced a water heater that was over 30 years old with a new Bradford White during a remodel. 6 years is all it took to fall apart, what a piece of crap.... Replaced it with a Rheem.

Date created: 2014-03-03 Name: Robert T
Location: Rochester NY

"MI 40356FBN"
Lasted 6 days shy of 3 years and started leaking in a dry basement. Covered by warranty but of course we had to pay $150 for labor to replace. I'm pissed! Buy AO Smith!

Date created: 2014-02-17 Name: J. Cotters
Location: Hampton VA

"Great Unit"
This 40 Gal Bradford-White water heater was installed by the builder in 1997. It is just starting to no longer provide enough hot water to fill the 30 gal master bath tub after over 16 years of use. That is a great water heater!

Date created: 2014-02-09 Name: m donohue
Location: ca

"Control valve replacement"
2Yr old cannot keep pilot light lit. No hot water. The service tech said I need to replace the gas control valve. Valve under warranty but I need to pay for repairs: $150.00 min.

Date created: 2014-01-30 Name: Ji. Kerna
Location: Pgh Pa

"Horrible"
After only 7 months the anode rod needed replaced then not even 5 years old the tank exploded/thermal expansion. And guess what...it's not covered!! The unit came with the new construction of our Heartland home. Stay clear of this brand!!

Date created: 2013-12-31 Name: H. Karbas
Location: Wisconsin

"Bad Quality"
I had a contractor install a Bradford White mi5063fbn water heater May of 2011 and started leaking on December 31,2013. Bad quality, will not recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2013-10-05 Name: D. Fredrickson
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Yep, Water Heater Quit After 1 Year"
I purchased this very expensive unit to replace the prior unit that only lasted 7 years and started leaking. I was told I don't have any other option because of the situation of the water heater's being installed with a forced air venting system or something. Less than a year later, the pilot light kept shutting off. I would have to restart it every couple days. Now it won't light. Error code is that "Electronic Fault Detected". It's Saturday, so no hot water all weekend and will call manufacturer on Monday.

Date created: 2013-09-27 Name: BRUCE DIETZ
Location: tuppers plains, ohio

"Poor Quality"
Had a local contractor install this unit in my home. When we filled it up with water, the relief valve leaked around the threads. This tells me, the unit was never tested to 300# as indicated on the sticker. When we tried to fire it up, the gas valve would not work. Contractor is on his way to remove the unit from the house and replace with another brand. I have no confidence in this product.

Date created: 2013-09-16 Name: Never Buy American Again!
Location: CA

"Yet Another Dissatisfied Bradford White Customer"
This was installed in a new home by the developers and is under warranty for another 3 years. The thermophile stopped working and the unit won't maintain a pilot light. This is apparently a known defect that has plagued this model. The thermophile unit is quoted at $500-$600. The entire heater is $400 but one part in it is $500-$600! The contractor recommended calling Bradford White's warranty department at 800-531-2111 to ask for a new thermophile under warranty and they will install it for me. Bradford White reports that they have never in the entire life of the company ever sent any parts to a homeowner and the contractor must order the part and install it via local parts warehouse. The contractor informs me that if he orders the part, he will be charged for it and of course, I will receive the bill of $500-$600 for the part even though the warranty should cover. The bottom line: do not buy a Bradford White product. This is the reason why "Made in America" mean inferior product. It breaks and the company sends the customer on a wild goose chase. Someone please sell me a foreign-made water heater.