Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: R. Stan
Location: Ohio

"Pure Junk"
At 2 years of age, the thermostat failed. Just short of 3 years of age, the tank started leaking. This tank is a unadulterated piece of junk. Bradford White should be ashamed of the poor quality of its product.

Date created: 2014-08-01 Name: William Gaffney
Location: Syracuse NY

"I prefer BW over any other tank type"
I install mostly Bradford White tank type water heaters.The problems you are seeing on this site are the ones that have had problems w/ their Bradford-White water heaters. Not too many people write in when they have a product that is functioning as it was intended. I Am a lic. Master plumber. In Upstate NY and recommend this tank type H2O heater.

Date created: 2014-07-14 Name: Maria
Location: Mesa, AZ

"WILL NOT LAST MORE THAN 2 Years!"
Purchased a new house in 2010 that came with a brand new Bradford White m440t7fbn model gas water heater. Come winter of 2012 and no hot water and the pilot light would not stay lit. The whole pilot light system needed to be replaced, and the parts were covered under the warranty but not the labor. Jump to summer of 2014 and guess what!!! Pilot light will not stay lit! They are coming today to replace parts again! I am assuming in two years it will crap out on us again when the warranty is out and we will be purchasing a new water heater, and it will not be a Bradford-White!

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: N Gensler
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Replaced Twice in less than 8 years"
The Bradford White 6 gallon unit was installed in a new home in December 2006. It lasted less than 3 years when it leaked in September 2009. Unit was covered under warranty, but installation cost $125.00. Replacement unit just went bad on July 4, 2014, which means that it lasted less than five years. I called the warranty number and, of course, was told it was out of warranty. Now I have to purchase another tank and pay for another installation. Needless to say, it won't be a Bradford White product. I can't believe that they can sell such products.

Date created: 2014-06-24 Name: C. Plantamura
Location: New York

"NEVER buy a Bradford White Water Heater"
Only 3.5 Years and the unit cracked. Now I'm out the full cost of removal and replacement. They only cover the tank and they don't reset the warranty period. It only lasts the duration of the original. Makes sense as this junk isn't likely to last any longer. And you are (practically speaking) stuck with the original installer who recommended this shoddy, poorly made product. Ashamed it is made in the usa. They should be ashamed too! I spoke with the customer service supervisor, Mr. Mike Raven and he was no help. Just reiterated the warranty and refused to consider that 3.5 years is unacceptable water heater life. Garbage!

Date created: 2014-06-22 Name: Estelle Price
Location: Fairless Hills, PA

"Bradford White"
Warranty on this heater was for 6 years, it started to leak and the water being drained from the tank was so rusty I couldn't believe it. It was installed in February of 2009 so I still had a year left on my warranty I really thought I had bought a very reliable water heater and was very disappointed. I have now had a Rheem hot water heater installed. I will probably never buy a Bradford again.

Date created: 2014-06-21 Name: S. Mosher
Location: San Jose, CA

"Short life span"
Our bw water heater just crapped out at 5 years of age. Was guaranteed for 10 years. Got only $350 pro-rated credit on purchase of new one. Our total cost with the credit was over $1600. The dealer charged us a $45 service fee for using our MasterCard credit card. Never again will I purchase this brand of water heat, nor deal with . Our old cheapie from in 1999 from Home Depot (paid $300) lasted for 10 years!

Date created: 2014-05-22 Name: Donna Douglas
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Calif

"Do NOT BUY"
Do not buy a Bradford White water heater. Not even 6 years old and I'm having problems with the lighter.

Date created: 2014-04-28 Name: david
Location: san diego

"6 years POS"
Replaced a water heater that was over 30 years old with a new Bradford White during a remodel. 6 years is all it took to fall apart, what a piece of crap.... Replaced it with a Rheem.

Date created: 2014-03-03 Name: Robert T
Location: Rochester NY

"MI 40356FBN"
Lasted 6 days shy of 3 years and started leaking in a dry basement. Covered by warranty but of course we had to pay $150 for labor to replace. I'm pissed! Buy AO Smith!