Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2014-10-22 Name: Tom Davis
Location: Spokane, WA

"Great water heaters"
I'm a plumbing contractor that sells Bradford White water heaters. I have a choice in what brand we sell, and Bradford White is our brand. After 28 years in the business, I have worked with and installed all the major brands and have great luck with Bradford White. We have so much faith in them that we put a 6-year parts and labor warranty on them. With millions of Bradford White water heaters sold, to only have a few complaints is amazing. I would check with your installation company and find one that will stand behind the product they sell. If you go to any box store, you are not getting quality, you are getting cheap. Bradford White does not make a knock-off brand that will compete for inexpensive box store poor quality. They only sell to the professional. I could increase my bottom line and sell a cheaper water heater, but we don't.

Date created: 2014-10-10 Name: R. Presley
Location: Duncan, OK

"My 24-year-old 40 gallon Bradford White"
Started leaking today. First problem since I purchased it in 1990. Hope to find another one just like it!

Date created: 2014-10-07 Name: D Dillon
Location: California

"Never Buy a BW Water Heater"
Piece of junk water heater. The pilot light will not stay lit. It was replaced under warranty and now, again, it has the same problem. And, of course, the warranty has expired. It's just over 4 years old. Do not buy a BW water heater. You will be sorry.

Date created: 2014-08-14 Name: J. Sadler
Location: Goshen, Indiana

"Doesn't last through warranty of 6 years"
New in January 2010 - replaced pressure valve in 2012 - began leaking August of 2014 - under warranty replacement (not extended beyond the two years remaining) at a cost of $383 installation. Poor product and rip off company that sells and can keep charging to reinstall shoddy heater.

Date created: 2014-08-12 Name: J. Smith
Location: Houston Texas

"Bradford White - Water Heater Valve problems"
I have two 50 Gallon Bradford White Water tanks. Both have had an issue with a faulty Gas valve which have had to be replaced after only 3 years. The parts are covered by warranty, however the labor is not. This has set me back several hundred dollars. All of the plumbing repair services I have spoken to tell me this is a know issue with these valves. I would not recommend one of these systems to anyone.

Date created: 2014-08-11 Name: Very upset
Location: pa

"What a joke"
So my 3 yr old oil fired water heater decides to start leaking, no problem still under warranty, they supply the tank, but won't replace the burner that there water heater tank damaged do to the leak, so no besides the money I had to pay to have the the tank changed. I now have to replace my burner. Called customer service, they were very rude,and basically told me its not there problem. Never again will I buy from them. I think I will try ao Smith.

Date created: 2014-08-08 Name: R. Stan
Location: Ohio

"Pure Junk"
At 2 years of age, the thermostat failed. Just short of 3 years of age, the tank started leaking. This tank is a unadulterated piece of junk. Bradford White should be ashamed of the poor quality of its product.

Date created: 2014-08-01 Name: William Gaffney
Location: Syracuse NY

"I prefer BW over any other tank type"
I install mostly Bradford White tank type water heaters.The problems you are seeing on this site are the ones that have had problems w/ their Bradford-White water heaters. Not too many people write in when they have a product that is functioning as it was intended. I Am a lic. Master plumber. In Upstate NY and recommend this tank type H2O heater.

Date created: 2014-07-14 Name: Maria
Location: Mesa, AZ

"WILL NOT LAST MORE THAN 2 Years!"
Purchased a new house in 2010 that came with a brand new Bradford White m440t7fbn model gas water heater. Come winter of 2012 and no hot water and the pilot light would not stay lit. The whole pilot light system needed to be replaced, and the parts were covered under the warranty but not the labor. Jump to summer of 2014 and guess what!!! Pilot light will not stay lit! They are coming today to replace parts again! I am assuming in two years it will crap out on us again when the warranty is out and we will be purchasing a new water heater, and it will not be a Bradford-White!

Date created: 2014-07-07 Name: N Gensler
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"Replaced Twice in less than 8 years"
The Bradford White 6 gallon unit was installed in a new home in December 2006. It lasted less than 3 years when it leaked in September 2009. Unit was covered under warranty, but installation cost $125.00. Replacement unit just went bad on July 4, 2014, which means that it lasted less than five years. I called the warranty number and, of course, was told it was out of warranty. Now I have to purchase another tank and pay for another installation. Needless to say, it won't be a Bradford White product. I can't believe that they can sell such products.