Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2015-01-03 Name: Lynn Miller
Location: Columbia

"Bad water heater"
We had this gas water heater installed in 2011. We had problems right after 10 months. Finally, after 3 years of no hot water and having to go outside to relight it, we finally got rid of this pos.

Date created: 2014-12-28 Name: Dennis N
Location: Dallas, TX

"Very Reliable"
I had two MI403S6 40-gallon gas water heaters installed when our home was built in 1998. 16 years later, they are still going. I agree with the licensed plumbers. It seems people post more often when there are problems. I will shop for a new pair of Bradford Whites.

Date created: 2014-12-10 Name: pete
Location: dayton, oh

"Bradford white poor product and customer service"
“My house came with a Bradford White gas water heater with an electric blower that has a 6 yr warranty. Yesterday the water heater broke and water went all over the basement floor and needs to be replaced. The water heater is 6 yr and 11 months old. This puts it conveniently outside the 6 year warranty. When I called the company I was told “sorry, it is out of warranty they (Bradford White Corp) will not do anything”. They said water heaters are designed to last 10 years+, industry standard is only 6 yr warranty, and they would do nothing about their product's failure. Additionally I was told “Since it out of warranty they Bradford White Corp) won’t do anything, but we will sell me a new water heater at full price”. I called the plumber who was going to install the new one and told them I did not want a Bradford water heater put back in, and was told b/c of size and space issue with my house I’m stuck with getting a Bradford. This post and others I’m leaving is to warn any other soon to be water heater buyers not to get a Bradford White Water heater b/c they do not stand by their product, have poor customer service, and have products that conveniently break when the warranty is up. If anyone wants to contact me to discuss, you can email me at psamborsky24@yahoo.com. Beware of Bradford White products!

Date created: 2014-12-10 Name: Peter Samborsky
Location: Dayton, OH

"Horrible"
My house came with a Bradford White gas water heater with an electric blower that has a 6-year warranty. After the 6-year warranty, within the 7th year of life, it has to be replaced. When I called the company I was told, “Sorry, it is out of warranty we will not do anything”. They said all their water heaters are designed to last 10 years, but they only offer a 6-year warranty. Additionally, I was told, “Since it is out of warranty we won't do anything, but we will sell you a new water heater at full price”. If you’re looking for a water heater use any company other than Bradford White. They do not stand behind their product!

Date created: 2014-11-24 Name: J. O'Leary
Location: Toronto

"Horrible product"
I moved into a brand new house, bought a brand new water heater tank, and after 5 years and 4 months it started leaking from the bottom. I contacted the installer, Brenmar, and they told me they went out of business. It is clear that Bradford White deals with non-reputable dealers. In the same way, they are not reputable. Stay away. Do not buy. Don't even dare to have this installed in your home. Chances are a hundred percent it will break. I would rather shiver my ass in a cold shower than get hot water from a Bradford White product!

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: Valerie Lagesse
Location: Ventura County

"Water heaters bite. They are constantly going out."
Bradford White does not back their water heaters. The control and burner assembly are constantly going out after a year or less. The suppliers do not even have repair parts in stock, and the service department is horrible. It is a waste of your money and time. No one should have to pay again to repair a water heater under warranty, and the company doesn't even cover the cost of repair. Not worth your money. Go tankless, save gas and money.

Date created: 2014-11-12 Name: V. Shaota
Location: New Jersey

"Failed under warranty and cost me over $6000 to replace"
I purchased a Bradford White water heater that cracked while under warranty and flooded my finished basement. Bradford White agreed to only replace the unit, and refused outright to pay anything towards the deductible of my homeowner's insurance or towards the labor cost (which was over $1000). Then they told me the labor cost was too high, and I said I used one of the authorized representatives on their website. The Bradford White rep said, "Those companies pay to get their names on our website. We do not recommend you use them. Instead, we always recommend you call around to get a better price." I cannot understand how that attitude could foster a successful business.

Date created: 2014-11-10 Name: M Brown
Location: Gilbert, AZ

"Waste of money / Rude Service Department"
In September 2009, I purchased a new home with this heater installed. In September of 2012, the unit failed. It had a ruptured tank that I had to replace. It was under warranty, so I only had to pay the $435 install charge. Then in November 2014, it fails again and I have to pay the $435 again. The sweet thing is Bradford White's policy is to only maintain the warranty from the initial install, so it expires in September 2015. So based on their history, in two years I will be paying full tilt for another unit, including the install. If you want a piece of crap that fails and leaks water all over your garage/home and you want to have Amy in warranty be condescending and rude, by all means buy one of these units. But as for me, I might as well pay full tilt now and forego the property damage caused by their inferior product, and they pay full tilt in two years.

Date created: 2014-11-05 Name: Homeowner
Location: IIinois

"Water heater quality issues"
I have two 50-gallon Bradford White water heaters. One failed after eight years. It's very disappointing. The plumbers recommend them, but I see that there are a lot of consumer negative comments. I would have expected a little more life out of one of the more expensive brands. I'm not sure of the quality of this product and would not recommend it.

Date created: 2014-10-22 Name: Tom Davis
Location: Spokane, WA

"Great water heaters"
I'm a plumbing contractor that sells Bradford White water heaters. I have a choice in what brand we sell, and Bradford White is our brand. After 28 years in the business, I have worked with and installed all the major brands and have great luck with Bradford White. We have so much faith in them that we put a 6-year parts and labor warranty on them. With millions of Bradford White water heaters sold, to only have a few complaints is amazing. I would check with your installation company and find one that will stand behind the product they sell. If you go to any box store, you are not getting quality, you are getting cheap. Bradford White does not make a knock-off brand that will compete for inexpensive box store poor quality. They only sell to the professional. I could increase my bottom line and sell a cheaper water heater, but we don't.