Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2016-10-16 Name: D Wintermute
Location: Edmonton, Canada

"Complaint"
I had a Bradford White hot water tank installed in 2004. It lasted 5 years and had to be replaced under warranty. Charge of $450.00 to me for installation of a new Bradford White. This one lasted until two months ago, 6 years in total, therefore not covered by warranty..Complaints to both USA and Canadian manufacturers of Bradford White were totally useless. I now have a new John Wood hot water tank (the same brand I had before the first Bradford White replacement). I would never, repeat never, have another Bradford White product in my home. Any manufacturing company can have a 'lemon' but after my experience with two such lemons and no compensation from Bradford White, I'm done!

Date created: 2016-10-02 Name: Patricia A Mitchell
Location: Holmen, WI

"Water heater is no good"
I'm very disappointed with my gas Bradford White water heater. Already had to replace it after only 8 years, and it was in a 1 person household. Needless to say I didn't put in another Bradford White. Wouldn't recommend it.

Date created: 2016-09-29 Name: t. crowley
Location: Dayton, OH

"Electric 50 gal residential"
Purchased in 2006 and in 2013 tank started leaking. The water heater was replaced under the 10-year warranty. In 2016 the tank started leaking and the control unit burned out and popped the circuit breaker. This was just after the original 10-year warranty ran out. That is two water heaters in ten years! I'm never using this company's product again.

Date created: 2016-09-25 Name: R Sisco
Location: Moore, OK

"Water in the pan"
After 4 years, water mysteriously appeared in the pan which shut off the burner. My plumber friend who installed it checked the fittings and concluded the tank was leaking so he brought a new replacement. No charge. Within two weeks I experienced the same problem. So I suctioned the water tank and the pilot light re-lit. That was in July. Today, 9/25/16, the same thing. I suctioned the water and the pilot re-lit. I have eliminated variables and can only conclude that there is a manufacturing defect of some sort. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Date created: 2016-09-21 Name: J Conant
Location: Wallace, CA

"Horrible customer service!"
Within months of having a new Model RG275h6X water heater installed, the control valve and pilot assembly failed and had to be replaced. The plumbing outfit that did the original installation charged us $150 for the labor to replace these warranted parts. A call to the Bradford White warranty department left us assured that we would be reimbursed for that charge. Now, months after we filed our claim, we are told that our claim has been denied because of some lack of paperwork between the plumber and Bradford White. Why should we be out-of-pocket for this? We promptly filled out our warranty registration and have fulfilled our end of the deal. This is really poor customer relations! Shame on Bradford White! This is only the first of what will be many negative reviews for Bradford White's customer service. Fortunately, there are quite a few online venues to express our dissatisfaction with our treatment. And, with cut-and-paste, it won't take me long to "express myself" all over the web about our experience with this organization. They haven't heard the last of this...

Date created: 2016-09-15 Name: E.J. Plegue
Location: Battle Creek, MI

"Went through 2 in eight years"
They were both of the hydrojet series. The first one had water all over my basement floor after 5 years. The replacement after three years. In calling them, they said I should have been draining about a gallon or 2 every month. No one ever told me such a thing before--though I was draining 20 gallons about twice a year on the first one. She also tried to explain to me how I should be checking the anode rod. I am not a technician and should not be told by the manufacturer to be doing that. I live in south-central Michigan and we are said to have some pretty hard water. But my in-laws live with seriously hard water (well) and never went through their water heaters so quickly.

Date created: 2016-09-08 Name: Debbie Blick
Location: Alma, MI

"Do not purchase from this company!"
A big fat 0 in the customer service department! They definitely do not care about their customers. Our hot water heater only lasted 2 years and then started leaking rusty water all over our basement. Not only did they charge us $80 because of a Federally mandated upgrade (our plumber actually covered this charge, because they care), they made us pay the $300 installation charge. I can see if it's at the end of the warranty, but we weren't even 1/2 way through it. Then when we called asking them to pay it, they tried blaming the leak on improper upkeep/maintenance and when we explained it was properly maintained they switched their story to blame our water. So we explained that we had 3 filters on our system before it even reaches the hot water tank, now they blame it on the salt from the softener, like salt on a car in the winter causing rust. This company does shoddy work for sure and they don't even back their product. We will never buy another hot water tank from them again! And I'm sure we'll need one within the next couple of years at this rate. Please do not waste your money with these people, they are supposed to be the best, but they don't care and they are selling crap. Go elsewhere!

Date created: 2016-08-31 Name: D.Horton
Location: Birmingham, MI

"Lack of support"
Purchased an 80-gallon commercial tank from their distributor. It kept overheating to the point of endangering the tenants in the apartment building. The distributor attempted repairs unsuccessfully. They hired a consultant who sent us on a wild goose chase to install an expansion tank. No luck. They then blamed it on a nonexistent waterline leak. A manufacturer's rep continued to stonewall us for two more weeks. All the time my tenants had no hot water. We asked for a replacement.They said no. Finally, I had my plumber install another brand. All OK. They picked up the bad unit (to test). Never heard from them again. Stay away from this company.

Date created: 2016-08-30 Name: Rich Jones
Location: Dunkirk, NY

"Bradford's junk water heaters"
This is junk, I had a star water heater for 17 years, no trouble, just got old in a damp basement. This one I replaced in 11/15 and I've had nothing but trouble. I had to replace the rod, the company said that is why my water was smelling, just replace it and you're good to go. So I did. Well, that didn't work, still the same smell. Dumped bleach in, good for 6 weeks and then it's back. Call them, they say my water is bad, so I spend money to get it tested, and the water sample comes back good. Never had trouble with that star heater, 17 years no trouble?

Date created: 2016-08-17 Name: K. Macaitis
Location: San Antonio, TX

"Piece of junk"
3 water heaters in 7 years. No! Will never again allow a Bradford White in my house. The first time the tank failed it cost $170 for installation after slightly more than 2 years. The second time the tank failed, a $170 installation after slightly more than 2 years. The third time the tank failed after 2.5 years (total of 6.5 years). Pulled the piece of crap out and replaced it with a Rheem. I'm so sorry I ever listened to the idiot that recommended Bradford-White and I will bad mouth them everywhere I can find their name listed.