Consumer Reviews of Bradford-White water heaters

Read more about Bradford-White water heaters

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2019-05-05 Name: Gary W Barone
Location: New York

"Poor Value"
I own rental properties and installed a number of different hot water tank brands. I would place the date of install on the tank to learn how long the different tanks would last. Ge, A.O. Smith, and Bradford White tanks would fail (leak) within 9-12 years. Whatever happened to the tanks that would last 15-20 years. Obviously, they design them to fail so they sell more tanks. Gary B. Buffalo NY

Date created: 2019-04-15 Name: Annette Mohs
Location: South Bend, IN

"Do not back up product"
Bought water heater 3 years ago and it is now leaking. They are replacing but I must pay for all labor and now must pay for a new warranty. Obviously, have no confidence in their own product.
Date created: 2018-12-17 Name: Arthur G Loudon
Location: Spring Branch, TX

"Early Failure - only lasted 5 yrs"
Custom home built 5 years ago. Both Bradford White 50 gal water heaters have had leaking tanks. Replacing with Westinghouse ss tanks with a lifetime warranty
Date created: 2018-08-20 Name: Denetrice Berry
Location: Nevada

"Defective Water Heater"
This our 2nd water heater with Bradford White in 8 months. We've gone through 4 Bradford White water heaters in 8 years. Our pilot light went out and will not relight again, we then replaced it with a brand new one, and to no avail. This unit we just installed is not lighting as well. This is a total let down with them. I will not recommended Bradford White to anyone. Find another company that's reliable.
Date created: 2018-06-08 Name: N. Kermani
Location: New Jersey

"Honeywell control seriously malfunctioning. Pilot light keeps going off every 48 hours"
Heater is only 6 years old and the pilot light has started going off about every 24 to 48 hours. This is after Certified master plumber changed out the Honeywell control and gas valve for $200 per the exact instructions from their tech support. I don't care if Honeywell is selling them junk controls. They give made in U.S.A. a bad rap. Who knows where the control is made, probably merely assembled in U.S.A. of junk circuit boards. Nick
Date created: 2018-03-27 Name: Nancy F
Location: Michigan

"Not Reliable Hot Water Heater"
If you like hot water in places it shouldn't be, buy this hot water heater. This hot water heater was installed in our new home 2 years ago. The check valve malfunctioned and dumped hot water into our crawl space. Because this is not our permanent residence, we did not detect the problem for 3 weeks. This caused a very large gas bill but even worse a mold issue that cost us thousands of dollars to fix. The hot water heater was still under warranty. We called Bradford White and followed their instructions. They are refusing to reimburse us for the repair because everything has to go through the plumber we used. The cost of the repair isn't the problem. The water heater should not of malfunctioned only after 2 years.
Date created: 2018-02-24 Name: Richard Solak
Location: Madison, OH

"Bad News"
I had a Defender series 48 gallon hot water tank installed a month ago. A tech from the company that installed it is here because this morning I woke up to no hot water, the pilot was out and its leaking water! I haven't even made a payment yet!!! Is there a lemon law for hot water tanks???
Date created: 2018-01-15 Name: Melinda
Location: North Dakota

"Chloramines"
The gas valve went out after 4 years. Called the local company where the installers purchased the $250 new Honeywell gas valve on my Bradford White water heater to see if it has a warranty. He said it's good for one year...and interestingly stated that it's not the valve...but the city water that's damaging valves and so on. He said ever since they started adding chloramines it's screwing up parts. I distill water and I noticed immediately after the city started adding chloramines a brownish oil in addition to caked, or cooked yellow residue in the bottom of my distiller. So if the water heater is heating up all the time, similar to my water distiller, there must be a lot of caked on hard residue and oily slime from chloramines in that water heater. The water was shut off while technicians changed out the valve...and when I ran the water in the kitchen it stayed brownish for quite awhile. I just kept the faucet running and running in hopes to flush it out. I finally just shut the water off. I'm not happy with any municipality for adding that poison to our water. Feds did not do health and feasibility studies on toxity to people before allowing it to be added. Some people are allergic to it, some get bad rashes from bathing, and some very sick. When I first moved here I noticed the chlorine was noticeably strong in the tap water. Now I'm used to it and don't notice. About 6 years ago they added chloramines in addition to the chlorine. Food for thought if you're having components on your plumbing going out could very likely be chloramines of which do not break down nor dissolve in water. This causes havoc to our fish and wildlife as well because it is not breaking down after being treated at treatment plants where "treated sewage water" is dumped into our Missouri River. I went off on a tangent here, but we've seemed to have lost all common sense when it comes to protecting each other and stewardship of the environment that feeds us.
Date created: 2018-01-15 Name: Melinda
Location: North Dakota

"Gas valve out."
The gas valve cost me $250. Total cost with labor $430 in NDak. Water wasn't heating up. The young man who fixed it said these 'smart" heaters do not have a wet well like the old ones...so he had to drain the unit bucket by bucket since there is no floor drain in the furnace room. Water got all over. Got the fan going and my fingers crossed nothing worse happens. Purchased in 2013..gas valve unit warranty expired in 2016. It's January 2018 today. Pretty spends fix. Should have possibly used the $400 to replace it.
Date created: 2017-11-16 Name: GB-Philly BUrbs
Location: Glenside, PA

"Lasted 13 years"
Lasted 13 years before started leaking from tank. Operated fine until then. We have slightly hard water. I drained off a few gallons from the bottom of the tank at least 6 times per year (operating instructions suggest monthly drain off)..
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>