Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2017-06-20 Name: Vickie
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Great"
We have had our Bradford White since we built our house in 1998. We have always had plenty of hot water to shower, do laundry and wash dishes at the sane time. It has just started leaking and with all the bad reviews on the different brands I'm not confident that the next water heater will last 19 years. We are going to buy another Bradford and hope for the best.

Date created: 2017-05-28 Name: Rasmaxwell
Location: Ohio

"Bradford White Equals Junk"
First Bradford White tank replaced after dramatic failure at 5 year mark. Top of tank blew spewing water all over! Tank replaced under warranty. Replacement tank is 2 years and 10 months old. Now it is leaking. Based upon my experience buying a Bradford White water tank is like playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in a 6 chamber revolver.

Date created: 2017-05-24 Name: Julie W
Location: Canton, OH

"Very Good Water Heater"
I have been in the plumbing business for over 20 years.(not as an owner) I have been installing the Bradford White water heaters for all of those years. I personally prefer the Bradford tanks over the Rheem and the others. They are equal in quality and warranty. The quality of the water and usage has a lot to do with the lifespan of the tanks. I installed a Bradford 40 gallon tank into my dad's house in 1999 (18 years ago) he has never had an issue with his tank. There are 5 people in the house so its used pretty regular. In the state of Ohio, the life span of water heaters are on average of 8-10 years. When reading these reviews, please keep in mind; most people who are happy and have no issues will far out way the ones with issues. The reviews are going to come mostly from the people who have had even a slight issue and bad mouth the product, the happy ones don't think "Oh let me right a review".

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Randy Phillips
Location: Doylestown, PA

"Really now"
I moved into my community 17 years and the homes were all brand new. Builder installed Bradford White gas heaters and 17 years with no issues. I live in a 150 home subdivision and haven't heard one homeowner complain. Sometimes I questions the validity of online reviews. Same thing happened when we remodeled our kitchen. Some many people slammed Samsung appliances and we're going on three years no problem.

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Mary Stephens
Location: Willowick, OH

"6 year tank lasted 11 years"
Bradford-White: Defender Safety System / Hydrojet Total Performance System Unit (40 gal) worked very well for 11 years. Unit was installed May 22, 2006 and it is now leaking April 2017. Unit never manually flushed of sediment. Unit survived at least two floods in basement (storm water backup from sanitary sewer)

Date created: 2017-04-07 Name: J. Moore
Location: Calgary, AB

"Terrible Design Terrible Technical Service"
I had to replace an excellent water heater, Apollo Hydroswirl, with a Bradford and White hydro jet. The Bradford and White is a 75 us gallon tank. In a 60 gallon bath I only get 43 of hot water. After some testing I pulled the dip tube. By design (poor design) this dip tube is perforated at the top and bottom. The top perforations allow back mixing of cold and hot water immediately. The same effect as having a broken dip tube. When I called to ask if they had a non perforated dip option for that tank he told me to call a plumber instead of discussing the issue with me. I am still remorse at the loss of my Apollo hydroswirl that had a dip right to the bottom of the tank and then coiled on the base so that it turned the water and had a maximum plug of hot water above the cold water inlet. Poor Form Bradford and White. Fool me once, but never a second time.

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: Donald Cothren
Location: Cathlamet, WA

"Bradford sucks"
Three Bradford white water heaters in 11 years so I'm going with something else. What a piece of junk. Do not buy. I'm on city water don't have hard water good water just a piece of junk. Said they wouldn't cover warranty after three, so people you better not buy this piece of junk.

Date created: 2017-03-18 Name: Angela W.
Location: Olive Branch, MS

"13 years old and still working great!"
We've had our Bradford White for 7 years and couldn't be happier. I'm writing this review because we recently contacted them and received wonderful service. We didn't have to pay for the replacement parts (combustion part) and we received the part the next day. I highly recommend Bradford White.

Date created: 2017-03-14 Name: Dana C. Morreale
Location: New Castle, PA

"Lousy response from them."
Heater has gone out 4 times. Bw tod installer to wait for the 5th time then they would replace the automatic valve!!! This after the sensor unit had been replaced 2 visits previously. Parts are never local and need to be ordered or driven nearly 50 miles to obtain!! Don't purchase!!!

Date created: 2017-02-25 Name: Jw
Location: Davis county

"Poorly made water heater"
As a professional in the plumbing industry I installed Bradford white water heaters for several years and they turned into a constant call back I have seen Bradford White Water Heaters flood a basement at 6 months with the average being three to four years. The electronic gas valves are very unreliable. From a service standpoint they're great because they keep me in business and there guaranteed to fail. Occasionally I get one that lasts as long as it's supposed to but very rarely. 80% of the Bradford White water heaters that I come across all have water softeners with them and they still fail had three to four years. If I could recommend a water heater based on 12 years of experience the Rheem water heater has been the best, they offer a basic standard gas valve that has worked for 50 years and still works great today with no electronic nonsense that will break.