Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-03-27 Name: Nancy F
Location: Michigan

"Not Reliable Hot Water Heater"
If you like hot water in places it shouldn't be, buy this hot water heater. This hot water heater was installed in our new home 2 years ago. The check valve malfunctioned and dumped hot water into our crawl space. Because this is not our permanent residence, we did not detect the problem for 3 weeks. This caused a very large gas bill but even worse a mold issue that cost us thousands of dollars to fix. The hot water heater was still under warranty. We called Bradford White and followed their instructions. They are refusing to reimburse us for the repair because everything has to go through the plumber we used. The cost of the repair isn't the problem. The water heater should not of malfunctioned only after 2 years.

Date created: 2018-02-24 Name: Richard Solak
Location: Madison, OH

"Bad News"
I had a Defender series 48 gallon hot water tank installed a month ago. A tech from the company that installed it is here because this morning I woke up to no hot water, the pilot was out and its leaking water! I haven't even made a payment yet!!! Is there a lemon law for hot water tanks???

Date created: 2018-01-15 Name: Melinda
Location: North Dakota

"Chloramines"
The gas valve went out after 4 years. Called the local company where the installers purchased the $250 new Honeywell gas valve on my Bradford White water heater to see if it has a warranty. He said it's good for one year...and interestingly stated that it's not the valve...but the city water that's damaging valves and so on. He said ever since they started adding chloramines it's screwing up parts. I distill water and I noticed immediately after the city started adding chloramines a brownish oil in addition to caked, or cooked yellow residue in the bottom of my distiller. So if the water heater is heating up all the time, similar to my water distiller, there must be a lot of caked on hard residue and oily slime from chloramines in that water heater. The water was shut off while technicians changed out the valve...and when I ran the water in the kitchen it stayed brownish for quite awhile. I just kept the faucet running and running in hopes to flush it out. I finally just shut the water off. I'm not happy with any municipality for adding that poison to our water. Feds did not do health and feasibility studies on toxity to people before allowing it to be added. Some people are allergic to it, some get bad rashes from bathing, and some very sick. When I first moved here I noticed the chlorine was noticeably strong in the tap water. Now I'm used to it and don't notice. About 6 years ago they added chloramines in addition to the chlorine. Food for thought if you're having components on your plumbing going out could very likely be chloramines of which do not break down nor dissolve in water. This causes havoc to our fish and wildlife as well because it is not breaking down after being treated at treatment plants where "treated sewage water" is dumped into our Missouri River. I went off on a tangent here, but we've seemed to have lost all common sense when it comes to protecting each other and stewardship of the environment that feeds us.

Date created: 2018-01-15 Name: Melinda
Location: North Dakota

"Gas valve out."
The gas valve cost me $250. Total cost with labor $430 in NDak. Water wasn't heating up. The young man who fixed it said these 'smart" heaters do not have a wet well like the old ones...so he had to drain the unit bucket by bucket since there is no floor drain in the furnace room. Water got all over. Got the fan going and my fingers crossed nothing worse happens. Purchased in 2013..gas valve unit warranty expired in 2016. It's January 2018 today. Pretty spends fix. Should have possibly used the $400 to replace it.

Date created: 2017-11-16 Name: GB-Philly BUrbs
Location: Glenside, PA

"Lasted 13 years"
Lasted 13 years before started leaking from tank. Operated fine until then. We have slightly hard water. I drained off a few gallons from the bottom of the tank at least 6 times per year (operating instructions suggest monthly drain off)..

Date created: 2017-10-27 Name: Dawn Evanchik
Location: Orland Park, IL

"Water heater out after 5yrs!"
House & water heater is 5 yrs old/warranty good for 6 yrs. Gas control faulty. Bradford requires unreasonable amount of documentation to honor warranty. To add insult to injury Bradford required proof from our municipality of yr house was built, said repairman who purchased replacement kit should go to Bradford dealer (difficult to find) where kit was purchased & have them submit warranty docs (but first they must prove Bradford Dealer is authorized dealer (??). Repair receipt, Internet Tax Accessor docs when house was built and picture of "faulty" gas control piece along with picture of newly installed piece should be sufficient. We just purchased the house from a single individual who was gone 4 months out of the yr. How much use could it have had? Bradford boasts American made...shame on them.

Date created: 2017-09-22 Name: Bob Nelson
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Very short lived"
Our Bradford 50 gallon tank hot water heater just failed. It lasted only 6 years and failed 5 months after the warranty expired- of course! We had great service with this for it's short life and did not ever seem to run out of hot water. This unit is in our basement in a dry location and we have no idea why it would fail so quickly, but are very disappointed. Due to limitations of space and venting issues, we had to replace it with a 40 gallon as the newer units we are told are now taller and we could not get it to vent properly. We did not go back with this brand due to its short life.

Date created: 2017-09-13 Name: B Porter
Location: Iowa

"Bradford Electric Water Heater"
Water heater gave away inside causing insulation to get soaked. Not only did top insulation get wet, the wiring was found to be faulty in top half that caused a fire. Called about warranty only to find out that warranty begins the day it comes off the production line. Buyer beware and make sure your house insurance covers fires started by Bradford electric water heaters.

Date created: 2017-08-12 Name: Deborah Berry
Location: Georgia

"BEWARE!!"
I have a 6 year old Bradford White Hydro jet water heater that has given me nothing but trouble since the first 90 days it was installed. The first issue is that the unit would not stay lit; every couple of days the gas would turn off, but the most horrific problem is that the gas control valve has gone out three (3) times and each time it has flooded my garage, den, and washer and dryer room. Absolutely unacceptable. If this is what american made is, I don't want it! This third time, that my unit control valve went out (August 1, 2017) I called Bradford White, who stated that my warranty was up; and that's when I started doing my research. There are so many complaints against Bradford White to Consumer Affairs for the exact same problem, that I'm starting to believe, that they have paid someone off. The new part cost me $185.00 dollars, but it doesn't lineup with the current water heater without adjusting or changing the gas line on the heater. Go figure!!! So not only am I having to pay someone to change out the control valve, but I'm also having to pay them for additional time to change out or adjust the gas handle. So for all you A..Holes who are trying to make light of this situation... Well you can go straight to H....not to mention the cost of a plumber, which was very difficult to find because nobody wants to change out a gas valve, most plumbers suggest I just throw out the Bradford White and get a new water heater. Also, my original part is made of plastic, while the new part is made of metal, which is a clear indication that they are aware of their faulty product. You Shouldn't Need a Warranty For That, you should be able to rely on the company to make good of their faulty product, especially since they made so much money off of it by consumers trying to buy American Products; which has been their biggest slogan!!! This is not some simple fix. Bradford White knows that they sold a faulty product that has caused a lot of good people nothing but trouble and it should have been recalled. I have also found out that most respectable, reliable companies stand by their product and told me that Bradford White should have changed out my entire unit and that a water heater should last anywhere from 8-10 years. I will never buy another Bradford White and will tell everyone about my experience. I have attached the plastic part, which was suppose to last on a HOT water heater and a picture of the new one.

Date created: 2017-08-03 Name: Michael Buselli
Location: Syracuse, NY

"Water Heater Malfunction"
I installed a Bradford-White Hot Water Heater at my sisters home less than eight years ago and the factory supply nipples moved inward causing the soldered joints to leak.

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>