Consumer Reviews of BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Read more about BRADFORD-WHITE water heaters

Date created: 2017-08-12 Name: Deborah Berry
Location: Georgia

"BEWARE!! DON"
I have a 6 year old Bradford White Hydrojet water heater that has given me nothing but trouble since the first 90 days it was installed. The first issue is that the unit would not stay lit; every couple of days the gas would turn off, but the most horrific problem is that the gas control valve has gone out three (3) times and each time it has flooded my garage, den, and washer and dryer room. Absolutely unacceptable. If this is what american made is, I don't want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This third time, that my unit control valve went out (August 1, 2017) I called Bradford White, who stated that my warranty was up; and that's when I started doing my research. There are so many complaints against Bradford White to Consumer Affairs for the exact same problem, that I'm starting to believe, that they have paid someone off. The new part cost me $185.00 dollars, but it doesn't lineup with the current water heater without adjusting or changing the gas line on the heater. Go figure!!! So not only am I having to pay someone to change out the control valve, but I'm also having to pay them for additional time to change out or adjust the gas handle. So for all you A..Holes who are trying to make light of this situation... Well you can go straight to H....not to mention the cost of a plumber, which was very difficult to find because nobody wants to change out a gas valve, most plumbers suggest I just throw out the Bradford White and get a new water heater. Also, my original part is made of plastic, while the new part is made of metal, which is a clear indication that they are aware of their faulty product. You Shouldn't Need a Warranty For That, you should be able to rely on the company to make good of their faulty product, especially since they made so much money off of it by consumers trying to buy American Products; which has been their biggest slogan!!! This is not some simple fix. Bradford White knows that they sold a faulty product that has caused a lot of good people nothing but trouble and it should have been recalled. I have also found out that most respectable, reliable companies stand by their product and told me that Bradford White should have changed out my entire unit and that a water heater should last anywhere from 8-10 years. I will never buy another Bradford White and will tell everyone about my experience. I have attached the plastic part, which was suppose to last on a HOTTTTT water heater and a picture of the new one.

Date created: 2017-08-03 Name: Michael Buselli
Location: Syracuse, NY

"Water Heater Malfunction"
I installed a Bradford-White Hot Water Heater at my sisters home less than eight years ago and the factory supply nipples moved inward causing the soldered joints to leak.

Date created: 2017-06-20 Name: Vickie
Location: Kansas City, MO

"Great"
We have had our Bradford White since we built our house in 1998. We have always had plenty of hot water to shower, do laundry and wash dishes at the sane time. It has just started leaking and with all the bad reviews on the different brands I'm not confident that the next water heater will last 19 years. We are going to buy another Bradford and hope for the best.

Date created: 2017-05-28 Name: Rasmaxwell
Location: Ohio

"Bradford White Equals Junk"
First Bradford White tank replaced after dramatic failure at 5 year mark. Top of tank blew spewing water all over! Tank replaced under warranty. Replacement tank is 2 years and 10 months old. Now it is leaking. Based upon my experience buying a Bradford White water tank is like playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in a 6 chamber revolver.

Date created: 2017-05-24 Name: Julie W
Location: Canton, OH

"Very Good Water Heater"
I have been in the plumbing business for over 20 years.(not as an owner) I have been installing the Bradford White water heaters for all of those years. I personally prefer the Bradford tanks over the Rheem and the others. They are equal in quality and warranty. The quality of the water and usage has a lot to do with the lifespan of the tanks. I installed a Bradford 40 gallon tank into my dad's house in 1999 (18 years ago) he has never had an issue with his tank. There are 5 people in the house so its used pretty regular. In the state of Ohio, the life span of water heaters are on average of 8-10 years. When reading these reviews, please keep in mind; most people who are happy and have no issues will far out way the ones with issues. The reviews are going to come mostly from the people who have had even a slight issue and bad mouth the product, the happy ones don't think "Oh let me right a review".

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Randy Phillips
Location: Doylestown, PA

"Really now"
I moved into my community 17 years and the homes were all brand new. Builder installed Bradford White gas heaters and 17 years with no issues. I live in a 150 home subdivision and haven't heard one homeowner complain. Sometimes I questions the validity of online reviews. Same thing happened when we remodeled our kitchen. Some many people slammed Samsung appliances and we're going on three years no problem.

Date created: 2017-05-06 Name: Mary Stephens
Location: Willowick, OH

"6 year tank lasted 11 years"
Bradford-White: Defender Safety System / Hydrojet Total Performance System Unit (40 gal) worked very well for 11 years. Unit was installed May 22, 2006 and it is now leaking April 2017. Unit never manually flushed of sediment. Unit survived at least two floods in basement (storm water backup from sanitary sewer)

Date created: 2017-04-07 Name: J. Moore
Location: Calgary, AB

"Terrible Design Terrible Technical Service"
I had to replace an excellent water heater, Apollo Hydroswirl, with a Bradford and White hydro jet. The Bradford and White is a 75 us gallon tank. In a 60 gallon bath I only get 43 of hot water. After some testing I pulled the dip tube. By design (poor design) this dip tube is perforated at the top and bottom. The top perforations allow back mixing of cold and hot water immediately. The same effect as having a broken dip tube. When I called to ask if they had a non perforated dip option for that tank he told me to call a plumber instead of discussing the issue with me. I am still remorse at the loss of my Apollo hydroswirl that had a dip right to the bottom of the tank and then coiled on the base so that it turned the water and had a maximum plug of hot water above the cold water inlet. Poor Form Bradford and White. Fool me once, but never a second time.

Date created: 2017-03-27 Name: Donald Cothren
Location: Cathlamet, WA

"Bradford sucks"
Three Bradford white water heaters in 11 years so I'm going with something else. What a piece of junk. Do not buy. I'm on city water don't have hard water good water just a piece of junk. Said they wouldn't cover warranty after three, so people you better not buy this piece of junk.

Date created: 2017-03-18 Name: Angela W.
Location: Olive Branch, MS

"13 years old and still working great!"
We've had our Bradford White for 7 years and couldn't be happier. I'm writing this review because we recently contacted them and received wonderful service. We didn't have to pay for the replacement parts (combustion part) and we received the part the next day. I highly recommend Bradford White.