Consumer Reviews of Bosch water heaters

Read more about Bosch water heaters

Date created: 2018-09-24 Name: Judith Huff
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

"Do not purchase a Bosch"
Three weeks without hot water and now I am told by my plumber that all his efforts have been for nothing. Paid Bosch $33 for next day air for a new circuit board, but had to call them after waiting 3 days delivery. Think it was not sent because customer service could find no record of the shipment. Finally got it after waiting another 3 days. And it gets even worse. I am now having a different brand installed by my plumber. Sad that their customer service department is as bad as it is; 9 - 5 Monday to Friday. No weekends. Wow. Asked them what happens to California after 2 pm Pacific time, and could hear a shoulder shrug through the phone. Never, ever buy a Bosch tankless water heater.

Date created: 2018-08-27 Name: Rick

"Bad Bosch on demand"
Had a quality problem with my Bosch on demand hot water system. But because they didn't like the ventilation, they would not warranty it. They offered to sell me another one at a discount. Why in the world would I want another one of these units, when they won't stand by the first one? They look for ways to get out of warranty. Beware!
Date created: 2018-07-02 Name: M. Zanotto
Location: Marysville, CA

"So much for top of the line"
I bought the best they had to offer. JWH2400ELP, $1,000.00 in 2010. The unit itself was OK, but, when it quit working after 8 years, getting cooperation from Bosch was less than OK. This is not a complaint about the unit, this is a comment about the company and its customer support. If you live in Northern California, there is no support. Getting someone willing to come check it out will cost half as much as just buying a new one..... "Very Unsatisfied" is an insufficient rating to describe my feelings.
Date created: 2018-06-28 Name: Eduardo Teixeira
Location: New York

"Bad quality"
Piece a garbage and headache for warranty. They really donít care
Date created: 2018-05-11 Name: M Kotis
Location: Greensboro, NC

"Bosch Warranty - Epic Fail"
My family has been without hot water for 2 weeks. I understand that they are moving their parts warehouse, but in the meantime, they are clearly unable to fulfill the warranty. I've called several times and each time was told the part will ship within the next few days. Entering our third weekend without hot water because they can't figure out how to ship parts while they move warehouses.
Date created: 2017-03-01 Name: David Berg
Location: Tripoli, WI

"Terrible service"
Customer service will not talk to you if you are not a licensed plumber or a licensed electrician. I had a plumber try to repair and fail. Cost $300. I life over 200 miles from a certified Bosh repairman. I just had to start replacing parts on my own. Replaced thermocoupler wire harness and eco units as per trouble shooting .Also descaled it. Nothing worked. I explained that I am familiar with plumbing and electricity as I was raised in a plumbing and heating store but I do not have a license so they still would not let me talk to customer service. I live in the northwoods far from service. Do NOt buy bosh!!!!!!!!!
Date created: 2016-07-25 Name: T Levesque
Location: Punta Gorda, FL

"Customer Service= joke"
Bosch could give a sh%&t less about their customers. Unit is two years old, and had worked fine. Now it fails, this is where the fun begins. Have the plumber out, and they have him run diagnostics to find it's a product issue. Instead of sending a whole new unit, they run additional diagnostics to narrow it down to two potential problems. Then when they get to this point, it will ship ground so no hot water for 3 days. The problem I have with this is: 1. No hot water for three days, 2. They needed pictures of additional diagnostics, so to save them $40 in parts, it cost me $200 in plumbers additional time. 3. When I called to complain got the 'Oh well', and when I requested a manager I was put on voicemail. Second rate company at best.
Date created: 2016-03-28 Location: Klamath Falls Oregon

"Bosch tankless water heater review"
We have owned our water heater for about a year now and I think it was one of the best investments we have made so far. The Bosch water heater is compact and comes with connectors. It was really easy to install in place of our old tankless water heater. The unit has an electronic push button igniter that is really easy to use. The heater takes very little time to turn on and heat up our water and is really efficient. Instead of heating up a 40 gallon tank of water and keeping it warm this heater only runs when you want it to. The best feature of this heater is that you can adjust the temperature of the outgoing water which is perfect when you have small children or a wife that loves super-hot showers. Over the last year I had no trouble whatsoever. I would strongly recommend to anyone who is looking to replace their old heater that they go with this model. The cost of the unit was under $600 and it is worth every penny.
Date created: 2015-11-20 Location: Aurora IL

"Water Heater Is Just OK"
I bought the Bosch 520 PN NG Therm tankless water heater, natural gas back in 2008. At first it worked wonderfully. They took out the old one, installed this one, and for a few years I didn't have any problems. It worked well and even reduced my gas bill a bit, having the new one. Then in 2012 I started having issues. First thing I noticed is that my gas bill was being a bit higher than usual. I thought perhaps it could be something else, but none of my other gas products had changed at all. So I knew it had to be the water heater. The next thing that happened was it stopped working completely, I had no hot water for days. So I had to get it repaired. I must say the price was definitely reasonable, but that's probably the only thing I like about it now. I feel like the promises made for this product were false. It runs alright now, but I probably wouldn't recommend this brand or model.
Date created: 2015-10-29 Location: Atlanta, GA

"Bosch Greentherm Water Boiler"
I have owned this water heater for about 6 months. I really like the digital dials because the last water heater had a turn dial which was lame. Also this one is able to heat up water much faster than my last unit. Since it's so new, I have not had any repairs yet. Honestly for the price I would definitely recommend this to a friend. The value is great for the price you get and it's hard to find a unit with this many features and performance in it. Also, this unit is much smaller and far more efficient than my last unit. Unlike the old rounded out water heaters, this one is very pleasing to the eye. It also has a cool vacation mode that is great to use whenever I go out of town. The warranty of 15 years is also very cool. It's important that the company I buy my products from stand by the value their units provide.