Consumer Reviews of Bosch water heaters

Read more about Bosch water heaters

Date created: 2012-05-02 Location: Beverly Hills, CA

"OK but unit is not consistent"
I have owned this unit for almost a year now and have very mixed feelings about it. When it works, it's great. However, it's become a safety issue and I am planning on replacing it. The issue seems to be with water pressure. I live in the hills and our water pressure seems to fluctuate. This in turn affects the water temperature of this unit. One minute it is freezing and the next boiling hot. I have had to ban my child from taking showers because of the fear she will get burned. She only takes baths now until I can afford to replace the unit or figure out what the problem is. We have all new copper pipes but for some reason our water pressure isn't consistent. Now when it works it's great. It's energy efficient and I was able to convert a huge water heater closet into storage from the space I saved. I would not recommend this particular unit.

Date created: 2011-11-22 Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"Fine, but has a short lifetime and corrosion problems"
I've had two of these Ariston water heaters and they work very well as a booster on a long hot water line. However, the first one we had developed a leak after about 5 years. Both had the problem that they added a significant amount of sediment to the hot water line. I think this was either from a sacrificial anode or from corrosion to the tank. Either way, the sediment kept clogging up the filters on my sink faucet and washing machine and dishwasher. The dishwasher clog led to worse problems. The intake valve got clogged and failed to shut off the water going into the dishwasher. This led to a small flood, which luckily, I was able to spot before the entire house was destroyed. It did do some damage to our kitchen floor, which now needs refinishing. After that, we removed the hot water heater and replaced it with an on-demand recirculating pump. No more problems with clogs, and less use of electricity. If you are going to use this heater, don't have it supply anything more than a sink!

Date created: 2011-11-18 Location: Eagan, Minnesota

"My Expirences with my Bosch Water Heater"
I've owned my Bosch GL-4 Water Heater for approximatley three years, and I am satisfied with it's performance. It came to me on the reccomendation of a friend. My wife complained for a week that the water tasted brackish, but I don't share her complaints. I like that the temperate of the water can come out a high enough temperature to literally scald the dishes that I wash. I extensively cook, so it's important for me to be able to clean pots and pans, especially when I burn something and have charcoal stuck to my cooking equipment. My last water heater didn't do this, so I was happy when this one did. I haven't had to replace it and I don't think there's anything I find unsatisfactory with it, other than that I saw a slightly smaller model on sale at a local hardware store. I would buy the same brand again.

Date created: 2011-08-29 Name: R West
Location: Oklahoma

"Tankless model #AE 125"
I'm glad I purchased Bosch, this been saving lots of money. At first had to get used to the difference between a tankless and a tank heater and be sure you have a electric junction box that can handle the electric requirements of this unit. Otherwise been working great.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Trumbull, CT

"An analysis of my water heater"
I bought my water heater a year ago in order to save money on my electric bill. It really has saved me money, but at the same time, it creates a time sink and I would have probably been better off just finding a better deal on heating. I haven't had to repair it yet, but I really haven't had it that long. I would definitely buy the same brand again, because it's one of the only options someone has that is looking for a low cost, affordable solution to hot water. In fact, I have recommended this very product to several friends. We had a very bad snow storm last year, and almost everyone on my street lost power. My device kept working long after everyone else had to deal with cold showers in the dead of winter. If that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is. In conclusion, I am happy with my decision to purchase a water heater.

Date created: 2011-05-21 Location: Nashville, TN

"Quite satisfied, very little issues"
I am very satisfied with my water heater! I have a Bosch AE 125 tankless electric water heater. I switched to this tankless water heater two and a half years ago, and I'm very glad i did! It has worked almost perfectly, and the most noticeable difference is that it is almost impossible to run out of hot water in my house now. Another thing i really like about my water heater is that you don't have to wait for the water to "warm up" like i did with my old heater. The only issue i have ever had with it is that it will randomly turn off once every couple months. However, simply going into the basement and pressing a button fixes the problem! I've never had to repair or replace it, and i would easily recommend it to a friend. This is the first tankless water heater I've ever owned, and I'm very glad i made this purchase!

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Flint, MI

"Goodbye tank heater, on demand is the new standard"
The days of running out of hot water are like a distant memory now, on demand water is the wave of the future. We can run two showers (HOT showers) at once for as long as we like, and there is never a drop in temperature or any chance of running out, so there is no fear of being the last person to get in the shower. I will admit, the first unit we had installed was on the fritz, and would only get the water luke warm, but it was promptly replaced and now a year later we have had no problems what so ever with the heater. We also save on out power bills, as we don't have to keep a tank of hot water going all day, only when we need it. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone who owns a home.

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: Jessica Drye
Location: Safety Harbor ,FL

"Brand New"
Just got this 2 days ago! It works bery well! The water heats up instantly!!