Consumer Reviews of AO Smith water heaters

Read more about AO Smith water heaters

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Jerry
Location: Atlanta Ga

"Functions as advertised"
My only grip if you will is that exhaust flang which pops into slots also pops out easily. Sheet metal screws did not fit well. Install crimped screw threaded insert on assembly line already. Make the hot and cold bungs out of brass.

Date created: 2010-09-24 Name: Bruce Kalas
Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois

"HOME OWNER"
When my in law suggested this unit,I was skeptical. But after he installed it,I was impressed with it.

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: George
Location: NY

"Mr"
Efficient and reliable but occasionally seems to get confused about how hot the water should be and how much of it it can deliver. This seems to happen occasionally when hot water hasn't been used in the house for a while, for example: first thing in the morning or after work.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Laura Obregon
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"Tankless would be grand."
The unit is 13 years old and rusting with those little pops and sounds that tell me it needs flushing again. I really want a tankless system like I had in England for instant hot water and no storage issues.

Date created: 2010-09-17 Name: Cynthia Deadmon
Location: Kannpolis nc

"I RUN OUT OF HOT WATER BEFORE MY SHOWER IS OVER"
I love my long showers and my long hot baths but the water goes cold before I am done..

Date created: 2010-09-16 Name: Gabe S

"Promax power vent .65ef"
I have had the water heater for about a month now. it doesnt heat as well as I would like it to. No more taking my twenty minute showers after a long day at work like my old electric one allowed me to. It has saved a lot on my electric bill though.

Date created: 2010-09-11 Name: Mary Gleason

"Proform 50 gallon capacity"
This water heater is perfect for our two person household. We can have 2 showers and the washing machine running at the same time and always have plenty of hot water.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Sylvia Belle

"Hot Water"
My waterheater is almost 10 years old and is still running so I have no complaints.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: R Patterson

"Protecting "some" has caused me HUGE problems"
Having rental property, I have purchased about 6 of these water heaters in the past 5 years. When they are first installed, they work great but due to the design of the "flame arrestor" and the "air intake screen" it is not long before the flame will not stay lit in the Natural Gas Models. I sent away for the special attachment that is supposed to fit on to a vacuum cleaner to clean the flame arrestor, but it did not work. I have spoken to my plumber, people that work for the company I bought it from and representatives of a o Smith and not much has changed in the design of these units and I continue to have constant problems at my home and at the rental properties with the flame not staying lit. I understand that this design was what they came up with after politicians required changes to protect people from themselves after people were injured or killed doing things like using cleaning solvents near the open flame of the old style units. I don't know what regulations or laws were put into place, but I do know that these units do not function properly or dependably as heaters of water under normal conditions.

Date created: 2010-09-09 Name: Diane OBrien

"Works Great!"
Our hot water heater works great!