Consumer Reviews of AO Smith water heaters

Read more about AO Smith water heaters

Date created: 2015-12-07 Location: Phoenix, AZ

"AO Smith Water Heater Delivers Hot Water"
Two months ago, I moved into a new construction home with an AO Smith gas water heater. I've never had such consistent hot water in my life. We have yet to run out of hot water and I have teenagers who take very long showers! The model itself is simple to operate. You simply rotate a dial to change the water temperature setting. The heater is designed to heat between 91 (vacation setting) and 155 degrees. Of course heating water past 120 degrees in not advised. The water heater sends out a small, constant flash of light that lets you know the water heater is functioning properly. Should that flash every stop or increase in number, you know that there's a problem to address and there's a handy troubleshooting chart to refer to. Although I haven't owned the heater long, I'm looking forward to a long life because this water heater surpasses my expectations.

Date created: 2015-10-15 Location: Canton, GA

"Very reliable , A.O. Smith"
We have owned an A.O. Smith water heater since we bought our home, about 16 years ago. It is a wonderful heater, it has never given us any trouble. We have never had to have it repaired. It keeps the water nice and hot, and works great! We have had many people in our home at one time. Holidays we often have many people stay with us. We have never run out of hot water, even if we are doing laundry, dishes and showering. I couldn't be any happier with the performance and reliability. The only issues we have ever had was one time we didn't have any hot water at all. My husband looked at it and for some reason the pilot light had gone out. My husband re-lit the pilot light and it worked great again at heating the water. This is the most reliable hot water heater we have ever owned, and it will be the brand that we use in our next home. I know I can count on this brand to perform well and to always provide us with hot water. To not have to do anything with it, in terms of maintenance and repair is fantastic. I highly recommend this brand to anyone who would ask.

Date created: 2015-10-06 Name: b pora
Location: Northumberland, PA

"Tankless, on demand water heater"
Have had this water heater approximately 4 months. Problems from the start. AO Smith Co. have not honored their warranty. I've been calling them for a long time. They are very difficult to work with. I would never buy another AO Smith product again.

Date created: 2015-09-29 Location: Brooklyn, NY

"My Water Heater review"
I owned a water heater since 2010. I like the heater because it does work, but sometimes it doesn't work that well. If I had to repair it I would do so because it makes noise when I turn it on, and it expired in 2013. I would buy the brand again because it lasted a long time and worked well even though I had to replace it. I would recommend the brand to a friend. The heater does work how it should even though it messes up sometimes. I use the heater during the winter and it can sometimes make noises that are annoying. I like the brand because it is familiar to me and sometimes it shows what it can do, even in bad times. I found the brand through a family member who recommended it to me. I would like to say that this brand was satisfying for me to use.

Date created: 2015-08-22 Name: gordon barber
Location: Melbourne, FL

"Got heater in 2013, need to replace now"
Leaking at the top and bottom!

Date created: 2015-07-14 Name: DHARMENDER GOEL
Location: East Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi

"Worthless product - irresponsible customer service"
I purchased 7 water Geysers in July 2011. They are giving trouble with a filthy smell while heating the water. Its sensors are of very bad quality. It is affecting our daily routine. Company customer care is the worst. Even after complaining many times, no response is received from the customer care. On the website no proper e-mail ID for the complaint is mentioned. Its authorized dealers are also very careless. They also assumed it was poor maintenance. Ultimately this is a serious manufacturer issue in my opinion. A.O. Smith is producing poor quality products that do not last. A.O. Smith does not stand behind their products. Even worse is their customer service. When an executive visited my house to resolve a complaint, he came without preparation. He did not have the necessary parts available for replacement, and then he asked us to wait for some days so that he could bring the part needed for repair. Every time I am getting a message update by the company on my registered mobile number that “the request is on hold, customer requests for reappointment”. Do you think the hold is on the customer's end when the part is not available with the company? What a shame! I don’t consider this company as reliable when they can’t even resolve minor problems with their product. I am feeling robbed with this poor performing product, terribly irresponsible customer service, and poorly trained staff. I purchased the product in 2011 since then I've had numerous problems with the water heaters. Dealing with A.O. Smith customer service was incredibly frustrating and eventually became ridiculous. As a matter of fact this is the first negative review I have ever written on any products. I have decided to write a review due to the raised level of frustration I reached and in hopes of saving other consumers from buying this worthless product.

Date created: 2015-07-11 Name: anouar alaoui

"A.O. Smith, very poor quality"
I bought a A.O Smith water heater and after 1 year the water heater stopped working. I called their service people and I talked to them about it. They told me that I have to call a technician and pay for it myself instead sending me the part I need. After I told them the code I got from the unit, they refused to send me the part. Very poor customer service and I will never ever buy an A.O. Smith.

Date created: 2015-04-20 Name: John
Location: Iowa City, IA

"4 in 10 years"
We are in need of replacing our 4th A.O. Smith water heater in 10 years. The side of the tank exploded and flooded my gym. The unit was installed 3 years ago and they do not want to cover the item. I will not be getting another unit from my friends at A.O. Smith. However, they will be getting something from me - a small claims court notification for replacing my equipment. I may win / may lose but I can promise the time they waste will be worth the $150 it costs me to file it. Nice job A.O. Smith - keeping customers happy every 3 years!

Date created: 2015-04-10 Location: Columbus OH

"AO Smith Water Heater Review"
I bought my A.O. Smith DEL - 20 gallon water heater about 6 months ago, I paid around 800 dollars for it, I had it delivered to my home from a local plumbing store. The Landlord told me I could pick it out and they would just take it off my rent. I love this water heater. I live alone so I don't really use that much hot water, especially since I don't have a dish washer or clothes washer. I've found it's given me plenty of hot water. I haven't had to replace it or any parts yet, hopefully that will continue. I would most certainly purchase the same brand and model again, and I would recommend it to a friend so long as they don't use a lot of water for extra things like clothes washing or dish washers or anything that requires a lot of hot water.

Date created: 2015-04-03 Location: Lincoln, NE

"Efficient Water Heater Meets All Our Hot Water Needs"
We have a household with four adults and with our previous water heater on occasion we ran out of hot water. A few months ago we purchased (with a recommendation of our plumber) the A O Smith 40 gallon high efficiency water heater. We now always have hot water when needed. It also has a six year limited warranty. It is a gas heater and the efficiency rating has not as of yet saved us money on our gas bill. I would recommend this water heater due to the fact that you will always have hot water when you need hot water!