Consumer Reviews of American water heaters

Read more about American water heaters

Date created: 2010-09-25 Name: phil stacy
Location: jacksonville, fl 32217

"Old, inefficient"
Only 40 gallon capacity; takes a long time to heat water; not energy efficient. Good points; quiet.

Date created: 2010-09-21 Name: GABLE NEVES
Location: LAFAYETTE, CA

"I'm in hot water and loving it"
I like my water heater quite a lot It never delivers cold water when I want hot. My water heater saves me plenty of dough Using fewer therms makes the meter run slow. Concern about accidents is never on my mind Built-in safety valves are just the right kind. So here's to my water heater, a shining tower There's nothing like taking a nice hot shower.

Date created: 2010-09-18 Name: M. Burton
Location: Raleigh, NC

"Red, White, & Blue is "Ready, When, Bought": American Water Heater a Winner"
After my old water heater catastrophically failed in 2007, I faced a plethora of choices for replacement. Just as there are over thirty brand names listed in this review's selection, I had to choose between brand name, price, local availability, and greatest reviews. Fortunately, my plumbing company, who I have used for over a decade, made the decision with and for me, and brought an American 50-gallon water heater into my home. I am no expert on the design, inner workings, or functionality of water heaters, but I know when something works or doesn't work, or when something makes a difference in my life, and my American water heater surely did. After installation, the water was heated and ready to use within 8 hours. It was quiet, did not make any odd or alarming noises, and unlike my previous heater, I could tell an immediate difference in efficiency, as the thermostat shut off and cycled appropriately, and did not run constantly. I could also tell a difference in the clarity and consistency of my water. It seemed cleaner, smelled better, and the temperature was controlled and consistent, with no wild swings depending on the amount of usage. After I received my next electric bill, and compared with the next several months of bills, I could tell a difference, that would no doubt assist me in paying for it over time. My electric company even gave me a credit for the efficiency rating of this heater. The instructions were easy to read, the warranty was one of the best offered on the market, and most certainly was a helpful selling point as I put my house on the market. In short, it gave me peace of mind, and in this day and age of enough things to worry about, that is priceless to me. The label of buying American might be red, white, and blue, but for an American water heater, their selling point should be "ready, when, bought."

Date created: 2010-09-12 Name: Mary Ann ONeal

"I think she's ready to blow"
It's funny how time flies! It seems like I just had a new water heater installed yesterday, and it was actually 15 years ago. The reason I think shes ready to blow, is because the water so hot, you can't stand it. Looks like it will be time for a replacement soon, and I just wanted to say she's been a trouper for our family!

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: David Hogan

"They don't make them like this anymore"
It's been installed since the house was built, over 20 years ago, and still going strong!

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: phillip stacy

"Mr phil stacy"
An old 40 gallon Premier Plus from American Water Heater is low on capacity and not energy efficient. It does not heat water fast enough so showers have to be brief. It has to be left off when not in use because it is not energy eficient.