Consumer Reviews of American Standard water heaters

Read more about American Standard water heaters

Date created: 2018-12-13 Name: Linda Bosler
Location: Lake Tomahawk, Wi

"Defective unit Fraudulent Company"
Do not buy anything from American Standard Water Heating! I ordered this product online, it arrived intact. I had my plumber install it. What should have been a 2-hour job, turned into a 4-hour job because it would not work! We contacted the company. They wanted me (a disabled woman) to uninstall and return it to the nearest Home Depot (20 miles away). Or they could send out a "certified technician" to see what the problem is. He said that they would not honor the warranty unless the unit was leaking. He stressed leaking several times. I live in a small town in Northern Wisconsin. I know there are no "certified technicians" that deal with American Standard in this area. I tried to get them to tell my plumber what the problem was, but they didn't trust him. The next day I called again to see if they found someone. They said they tried to call me but I didn't answer. I was home all day but I don't answer calls with no caller id. They said they tried to find someone in my area but couldn't so they wanted to talk to my plumber. When I gave them my plumber's name and phone number they said they tried to call him and he didn't answer. My plumber said that a number from Brazil called 5 times that day but he wasn't going to answer because he didn't know anyone in Brazil. I asked "Albert" from American Standard Water Heating why their phone number was from Brazil, he said they are from Pomona Ca. I asked for the address and he gave me 561 New York Dr. Pomona, ca 91768. I looked it up and got a phone number for Water Heating Technologies Corp. I called, it rang for a long time then changed to a busy signal. My plumber doesn't trust them, and I don't blame him I don't either! So he doesn't want to be involved anymore. I called the company today and they refuse to help anymore because they can't find a plumber in my "remote area" to fix it. So now I'm stuck with an $800 hot water heater that doesn't work and a $600 plumbers bill and I still have no hot water!

Date created: 2015-10-14 Location: McMinnville, OR

"Solid Unit, Satisfied"
I have owned this water heater for around 10 years now, and I like the fact that it has only needed to be serviced once in its lifetime. I had a situation where we were running out of hot water within one or two showers in the morning, which was detrimental because we have 4 people living here that all need to get ready. This situation happened 2 years ago, and since we had the repairman come and fix it, the product has been solid and reliable. Since then it has been giving us all hot water showers, as needed in the morning. I consider it a stable unit, although it was repaired, because it has lasted for around 8 years without repairs. I would recommend this brand to a relative, however I believe it is discontinued, and for the reason, I can't make the recommendation. Great brand, it's a shame they stopped making these units. Solid uni, I give it a 5/5 rating.