Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company pellet stoves

Read more about United States Stove Company pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2019-04-24 Name: Johnny Be Good
Location: Washington

"Have to be smarter than the stove that you're operating"
Father 6041I pellet stove insert had a little problem at first but after getting it dialed in works perfect Harley no Ash build up starts up every time seems to heat well easy to clean most people that have trouble running pellet stove can't even use the flashlight

Date created: 2019-02-07 Name: Diane richard
Location: Arcanum

"Kp130"
We have had this unit since November 2018 in use for about 3 months and it quit working. I have a record number and texts to this company they never offered a technician to fix it they had my husband who is 78 jumping thru hoops to do this and do that. Tried to tell us it was an air flow problem which it was not. Thru a friend at church retired was a technician for pellet stoves the opened the back of the stove and the auger motor was laying on the bottom of the stove it had sheared off the auger they then pulled the cover on the auger jammed in the auger was a piece of insulation that had been glued on the auger cover not an air flow issue at all
Date created: 2019-01-21 Name: P. Dubois
Location: Minnesota

"Don't waste your money...buyer beware."
We bought this pellet stove from Menards first week in November 2018. As this was an only online offer we found out after placing the order it was on back order. End of November still no update ...December came and still no Pellet stove or update from Menards or US-Stove. Finally the first week in January 2019 We received an email that it was shipped and arrive at the local Menards store ready for pickup. We picked up the stove and as I have a technical background I read the manual and knew how to install it. Interesting fact reading it I found out US-Stove mentions Never to return stove to the store where you bought it but to call the US- Stove #800 Further The manual mentioned " Before installing your heater, you must perform an initial burn in an outside environment. Follow the Start-Up Procedure in the Operation section of the manual. Well, we did and it did not even feed pellets. No error msg and no flame. Finally called their #800 number and was on hold quite awhile but finally got a live person who told me she would put in a support ticket. I asked if she had any idea when I could expect a callback but she did not know. The temperature outside below freezing and trying to troubleshoot why this stove does not even work out of the box without any tech support. I found that the igniter was getting hot but without any pellets of-course no flame. The pellet hopper was filled with the correct hardwood pellets so why did it not feed any pellets. Unplugged the power after it was shut down and checked the main board for any obvious issues. 5 fuses on the main board checked out ok (used an Ohm meter ) checked all connections and tried the first startup again. Somehow I had made progress as the unit started feeding pellets and we had a flame. When you ask me what fixed it I could not tell you. I let the unit burn 40 minutes outside to get rid of any new smell /paint /oil etc. Let it cool down and finished the rest of the installation. The parts to install this stove are cheap and manual expects you to be technical. Anyway, I had the unit installed and fired up ...thought all problems were solved but no. Two days after installing we received a phone call from US-Stove and they closed their ticket. Four days after this we got up in the morning and stove was off ...no flame and all led are on. My troubleshooting confirmed the mainboard connection. Called US-Stove again and the support person told me she could not put a ticket in as US-Stove took that feature away and apologized and told me I needed to call after the weekend on Monday. I called on Monday and had to wait and had the option to get a callback but if I choose to do that I would receive a call back the following day on Tuesday. I decided to wait and got a live person who wants my information and could not find me in the system, weird as I gave them all the information the first time I called and had mailed my registration card. She told the person that enters the info in the computer was sick and had a backlog . She wanted my purchase receipt emailed and was then when the lady that was sick came back and had entered it she was going to ship a new main board. I asked her if I could get a tracking number or something, I was told to check with them in a week as it could take two weeks. Bottom line is I am still waiting and calling every day.
Date created: 2018-12-30 Name: Dan Smith
Location: Massachusetts

"Please don't get duped!"
In the 5 years since I got this stove, I've had to replace four parts. That's not a great track record. On the fifth part I ordered, I was sent an email by us Stove Company saying my part was shipped on Dec 18. But when I contacted them a week later to ask for a tracking number, they seemed hesitant. I finally got it....and guess what? My part wasn't shipped until Dec 26. I was lied to (intentionally) in both email and on the phone. When I took a screen capture of UPS's pick update and sent it to them, they refused to answer me back - they were caught and didn't want to talk to me. So I am still waiting for our part...no heat....26 Degrees tonight. How on earth can they do this and not be accountable? Please keep your family warm with another company.
Date created: 2018-12-15 Name: Rrv.Dr.Donald C Page
Location: Hermon, ME

"Company attitude"
Customer service manager extremely caustic, brash unprofessional I was forced to report to Federal Trade Commission my dealings
Date created: 2018-12-04 Name: C. Simpson
Location: Kentucky

"Horrible Service"
I ordered a Pellet stove received it 3 weeks later. Missing ductwork for the top of the stove. Itís been 3 weeks and they still havenít sent it! The Service of this Company is Absolutely Horrible!!!! Do not Buy From Them!!!!!
Date created: 2018-11-28 Name: Dr b
Location: Colorado

"Keep shopping"
Igniters do not last at $60 each. Service is non-existent. Call in for help and sit on hold. If you can get that far. Advised to go to the website which directs you to call the company. Bought six been units in two years. A colossal mistake. Keep shopping.
Date created: 2018-11-21 Name: Dave Schmidt
Location: theothersideofmars.vt.com

"KING5500M Pellet Stove"
I got the stove second -hand. I was impressed with the overall ability to have a three bag hopper that's where the fun stopped. I had problems and after the first issue managed to get it rebooted but had ongoing issues. Now the blower motor has failed. Get a different product....run! For the hills...this one is an issue waiting to consume you!. My problems have not abated and my insistence has gotten me hung up on, referred, and dismissed. Only to be told the wholesale price was 169.000 but my price was 387.00 plus tax yet there was no admission of apparent guilt and they expected me to agree to their extortion. What did I do wrong?. All I did was to request their proper pricing and after was told 278.00 they blatantly told me 378....why?. They say I was belligerent...I Say I was not given the courtesy of dignity nor respect for my having waited over forty-five minutes to speak to a rude individual who refused to give me their authoritative overseer. As a result, I was dismissed...then hung up on. As I recalled the source I was again given, a negative response, and offered the opportunity to purchase the product at an incredible exaggeration of the price afforded,... I refused and asked for a manager...again refused....finally they said they would comply and give me their manager...at which time I was hung up on... I have been rudely dealt with and rudely spoken with after their assessment of my conversation. I Didn't start with aggravated language and only was involved after they initiated arrogance against me beyond the level of normal human interaction!!!
Date created: 2018-11-02 Name: Carey Brown
Location: Michigan

"Disappointing"
We absolutely loved the look of the stove, but once we got it together and put the piping on it and realized how poorly it was made, and then after 3 days of running it, realized it was just one pile of crap. I was very sad. I really like the looks of it because it's so different. The flue piping runs out of the front and then up and back, ruins the look of it. And to the best of my knowledge, there is no blower available for it. We spent quite a bit of time and money putting in new flooring and backing brick to match the stove and very, very disappointed. The performance is also disappointing.
Date created: 2018-10-31 Name: Guinevere Mourning
Location: New Mexico

"Expensive disaster"
First winter after purchase, no problem. Kept stove very clean and it worked well. Second winter, it began having problems with over heating but was able to coax it along through the winter. Third winter, began making a horrible noise after the first use. Got inside and found a broken exhaust fan blade that we will have to replace for $375 for part and replace it ourselves. Piece of shit stove. If we can't fix it, we will dump it for a huge loss and never buy or recommend United States Stove Company products again. Harsh lesson.