Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-12-04 Name: C. Simpson
Location: Kentucky

"Horrible Service"
I ordered a Pellet stove received it 3 weeks later. Missing ductwork for the top of the stove. Itís been 3 weeks and they still havenít sent it! The Service of this Company is Absolutely Horrible!!!! Do not Buy From Them!!!!!

Date created: 2018-11-28 Name: Dr b
Location: Colorado

"Keep shopping"
Igniters do not last at $60 each. Service is non-existent. Call in for help and sit on hold. If you can get that far. Advised to go to the website which directs you to call the company. Bought six been units in two years. A colossal mistake. Keep shopping.
Date created: 2018-11-21 Name: Dave Schmidt
Location: theothersideofmars.vt.com

"KING5500M Pellet Stove"
I got the stove second -hand. I was impressed with the overall ability to have a three bag hopper that's where the fun stopped. I had problems and after the first issue managed to get it rebooted but had ongoing issues. Now the blower motor has failed. Get a different product....run! For the hills...this one is an issue waiting to consume you!. My problems have not abated and my insistence has gotten me hung up on, referred, and dismissed. Only to be told the wholesale price was 169.000 but my price was 387.00 plus tax yet there was no admission of apparent guilt and they expected me to agree to their extortion. What did I do wrong?. All I did was to request their proper pricing and after was told 278.00 they blatantly told me 378....why?. They say I was belligerent...I Say I was not given the courtesy of dignity nor respect for my having waited over forty-five minutes to speak to a rude individual who refused to give me their authoritative overseer. As a result, I was dismissed...then hung up on. As I recalled the source I was again given, a negative response, and offered the opportunity to purchase the product at an incredible exaggeration of the price afforded,... I refused and asked for a manager...again refused....finally they said they would comply and give me their manager...at which time I was hung up on... I have been rudely dealt with and rudely spoken with after their assessment of my conversation. I Didn't start with aggravated language and only was involved after they initiated arrogance against me beyond the level of normal human interaction!!!
Date created: 2018-11-02 Name: Carey Brown
Location: Michigan

"Disappointing"
We absolutely loved the look of the stove, but once we got it together and put the piping on it and realized how poorly it was made, and then after 3 days of running it, realized it was just one pile of crap. I was very sad. I really like the looks of it because it's so different. The flue piping runs out of the front and then up and back, ruins the look of it. And to the best of my knowledge, there is no blower available for it. We spent quite a bit of time and money putting in new flooring and backing brick to match the stove and very, very disappointed. The performance is also disappointing.
Date created: 2018-10-31 Name: Guinevere Mourning
Location: New Mexico

"Expensive disaster"
First winter after purchase, no problem. Kept stove very clean and it worked well. Second winter, it began having problems with over heating but was able to coax it along through the winter. Third winter, began making a horrible noise after the first use. Got inside and found a broken exhaust fan blade that we will have to replace for $375 for part and replace it ourselves. Piece of shit stove. If we can't fix it, we will dump it for a huge loss and never buy or recommend United States Stove Company products again. Harsh lesson.
Date created: 2018-10-15 Name: paul j pedigo
Location: Indiana

"What a rip off on parts"
The burn pot is busted up pretty bad. The front of it has a large crack all the way across that should not be there. The sides are pulling away bad weld joints or bad metal. It should have never cracked, so call to get a replacement. I about died. $296.00 for a burn pot. I thought I was hearing things. Now that's a consumer rip off when it's their fault to begin with. I love the stove except for the terrible pricing on parts. Just not right. Shame on US Stoves for treating a customer like that.
Date created: 2018-09-12 Name: Carissa Nelisse
Location: Ohio

"Caused fire"
Absolute joke! We purchased a home with a US pellet stove in the home, brand new. The stove was used for maybe 3 months and out of nowhere, caused a fire in my home! The company refuses to replace, fix, or do anything to fix their malfunctioning pellet heater because I wasn't the original purchaser! Customer service is a joke and so are their products!
Date created: 2017-11-21 Name: D. Davis
Location: SE Michigan

"No problems in 5 years"
Maintanance is key.I Clean mine every 2 weeks with a shop vacuum, use quality hardwood pellets and run a surge suppression device on the power cord. 'Agitators' need replaced every 2 years and every spring I take the unity apart, pull the draft blower, room air fan and auger and clean them and oil them and reinstall. I also clean out the venting pipes with a rotary brush on a drill motor. These units are not plug and play and if you think they are, you are sadly mistaken. Any wood or pellet burning appliance requires regular and careful maintenance to operate correctly and that includes a yearly disassembly of all mechanical components and lubrication of all bearings. The fly ash and dust produced by the unit in operation requires that. Reading the comments about issues, I'm led to believe that most all stem from the 'plug and play' and forget it mentality. None of these units are that. On the contrary, they require constant attention. I operate my 6039 on a remote thermostat and it keeps our home toasty every winter I have had no issues other than replacing what I consider consumable parts like agitators, bushings and yes a control board, but that was no fault of the manufacturer. My board got fried in the summer due to an electrical storm. This is my 2nd USSC pellet stove. I literally wore the first one out over a period of 10 years of continuous winter use. I purchased the 6039 so I could burn not only pellets, but corn as well and I do, or at least when shelled field corn is economical to burn. One of the great aspects of the 6039 is it's ability to burn many types of biomass through the adjustable settings of the draft fan, agitator and fuel feed. Great unit, very happy with it.
Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: Fred Scofield
Location: Upstate, NY

"Junk/ basically no customer service"
Had the stove less than a month and ran 6 bags of pellets through it. Gasket seal on door burned through and auger motor blew. In 6 bags on lowest heat setting!! Spent half hour three times trying to get through to customer service and finally decided to wait them out. 1 hour 18 minutes later finally gave up. If this is how they operate I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.
Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: Jason
Location: Colorado

"Broken augers!"
Worst pellet stove! I have had the 5660 for two winters and replaced the auger twice! The augers break where the pin fastens to the auger motor! Do not buy from this company! When I have called to ask for help I received nothing! Going to throw it off the deck shortly!