Consumer Reviews of United States Stove Company pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2017-11-21 Name: D. Davis
Location: SE Michigan

"No problems in 5 years"
Maintanance is key.I Clean mine every 2 weeks with a shop vacuum, use quality hardwood pellets and run a surge suppression device on the power cord. 'Agitators' need replaced every 2 years and every spring I take the unity apart, pull the draft blower, room air fan and auger and clean them and oil them and reinstall. I also clean out the venting pipes with a rotary brush on a drill motor. These units are not plug and play and if you think they are, you are sadly mistaken. Any wood or pellet burning appliance requires regular and careful maintenance to operate correctly and that includes a yearly disassembly of all mechanical components and lubrication of all bearings. The fly ash and dust produced by the unit in operation requires that. Reading the comments about issues, I'm led to believe that most all stem from the 'plug and play' and forget it mentality. None of these units are that. On the contrary, they require constant attention. I operate my 6039 on a remote thermostat and it keeps our home toasty every winter I have had no issues other than replacing what I consider consumable parts like agitators, bushings and yes a control board, but that was no fault of the manufacturer. My board got fried in the summer due to an electrical storm. This is my 2nd USSC pellet stove. I literally wore the first one out over a period of 10 years of continuous winter use. I purchased the 6039 so I could burn not only pellets, but corn as well and I do, or at least when shelled field corn is economical to burn. One of the great aspects of the 6039 is it's ability to burn many types of biomass through the adjustable settings of the draft fan, agitator and fuel feed. Great unit, very happy with it.

Date created: 2017-11-13 Name: Fred Scofield
Location: Upstate, NY

"Junk/ basically no customer service"
Had the stove less than a month and ran 6 bags of pellets through it. Gasket seal on door burned through and auger motor blew. In 6 bags on lowest heat setting!! Spent half hour three times trying to get through to customer service and finally decided to wait them out. 1 hour 18 minutes later finally gave up. If this is how they operate I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.
Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: Jason
Location: Colorado

"Broken augers!"
Worst pellet stove! I have had the 5660 for two winters and replaced the auger twice! The augers break where the pin fastens to the auger motor! Do not buy from this company! When I have called to ask for help I received nothing! Going to throw it off the deck shortly!
Date created: 2017-01-08 Name: Nancy Brandt
Location: Hessel, MI.

"SP8500 United Sataes Stove Company Sucks"
This company has a sole purpose is to sell the product and forget about it once the sale has been made. I purchased the sp8500 stove in October 2015 ,four months after the death of my husband due to the fact that he had passed and I could no longer carry, stack and burn wood by myself. The place where I purchased the stove were not very informative about the stove, but many of my coworkers have pellet stoves and have great things to say about them. Clean, easy to fuel, and keep their homes nice and warm through our cold miserable winter weather. After much discussion with my children we decided on the sp8500 United States Stove Company. I purchased the stove and immediately started burning the pellets, at first it was okay but then I noticed that I had to clean everything in the stove from top to bottom on a weekly basis. I also noticed that the outside of my homes siding was turning black from soot. My room that I had just remodeled previously to purchasing before I got the stove was all black as well. I called a local heating company (which I must say turned out be a nightmare as well) they came out and cleaned the stove and left another mess on my floor and ceiling. Charging me another $360.00. Two weeks later I had a house full of smoke and my stove was no longer running. This stove cost me $3000.00 for the stove and $2500.00 in pellets for 5 months usage of the stove. My son came and realized that the control panel was not working correctly and the draft fan was not working correctly. We contacted the company and explained what was happening. The technical dept advised me that I was no longer under warranty by 4 months and that I would need to order the parts. I gave them my card number and paid for the parts. I was told that t should not take more than 7-10 business days maybe even shorter since Mi. Was not that far from Tenn. . After 14 days I call and was told that they were still waiting for ups to pick it up. I called a few days later and the guy told me that it was their and everything was being sent out the next day. Three days later I called and was told the harness was on back order and that was why the order was never sent out. The lady I spoke to told me several different reasons why I did not get my parts making excuses for everyone I had previously talked to. I told her that it did not matter because there was evidence that I was lied to. She apologized to me at least 20 times and promised me that she would contact me the next day with the routing #. The next day I did not receive the number so my daughter called the following day and complained, she was finally given the routing number, it is due to be at my home tomorrow. I has cost me 421.97 so far for electric space heaters. When my daughter told them this the lady told her "Well ma'am the booklet tells you that a pellet stove should not be your only source of heat".
Date created: 2017-01-05 Name: TBP
Location: Austin, TX

"Totally satisfied with my new pellet stove"
We are very happy with our purchase of a pellet stove that we purchased at Lowes. It really heats the floor level of our cabin entirely and most of the upstairs is kept warm. We've used it all last winter and were extremely happy. We had recommended it to our neighbor and friends who purchased the exact same model. So easy and convenient to use. Sure beats stacking firewood and chopping wood!
Date created: 2016-12-14 Name: M.Moore
Location: Greenville, MI

"DONT BUY!!!!!"
Bought an Ashley stove, could never get it to run. It was brand new. I was told to troubleshoot it myself. They would send me replacement parts but I would have to install them myself. After saying they would send me another replacement part to see if that would work I told them I would take it back to Tractor Supply Co where I purchased it. I exchanged it for their us Stove King model. Worked fairly well, then one morning heard a bang. Still was running but checked out and looked it over. Looked ok, but the flame died out. Called support. They told me my draft piping was not set up right. I hung up on them, and took the back cover to look inside. The auger motor was laying on the floor of the stove. Crapy stove. Also if this is your primary heat source don't use them. It's not a primary heat source per instruction booklet. Don't buy!!!
Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: Pinnon
Location: West Plains, MO

"Customer service"
Have had a problem with the stove, but, the folks at the customer service was very helpful. Kelly Moore and Kelly Lehr were both very nice and tried there best to help me as fast as possible with my problem. They are sending me a part needed to fix the problem. I appreciate dealing with such nice folk, who care about there customers, it's refreshing to know there's still companies who care for and about the needs of their customers.
Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: MC
Location: Des Moines IA

"Works like a charm"
This is simply put one of the best stoves i have used when it comes to heating my home. As i choose to forgo a traditional way of heating my home and wanted something with a nice aesthetic to it so i was searching for some stuff at my local store and i saw this pretty thing. I loved how it looked and was worried it would not work well. I took the plunge for it and once i got it home it made my living room like so much better and i was surprised once i turned it on and it made my living room feel great like a cozy sock that keeps you warm and kempt. I would say if you are in need of a pellet stove this is the exact one you want it is perfect in almost every way. The price is pretty affordable too so anyone can afford this when updating the home for quality and good prices!
Date created: 2016-11-29 Name: Jay
Location: Northern New Jersey

"Keeping us very warm and toasty"
We are so in love with our cozy little pellet stove by US Stove Company. We have used other types of space heating units in the past and were initially reluctant to look into pellet stoves. However, last Christmas while visiting a friend of ours who owned this very model, we just fell in love with it. It lent the perfect warm and cozy ambiance to our winter holiday party. It was a feeling we really wanted to recreate in our home. We looked into it as soon as we got home and ordered it right away. We have been using this lovely little unit for just under a year now. It has functioned perfectly well and has not yet required any kind of repairs. We will soon be buying another unit for our recently finished basement. I highly recommend this great pellet stove to anyone looking for a pellet stove or any space heating solution.
Date created: 2016-10-09 Name: Anonamouse

"Don't buy a US Stove."
I bought this stove at TSC. Started out OK, then halfway into the first season I had problems with the blower fan. Contacted US stove's customer assistance and got no help. Talked with the store manager at TSC, ended up fixing it myself. Next season, the blower fan motor burned out. Contacted US Stove and was told it was a discontinued model, and my one-year warranty had expired. I payed $2,600 for the stove that still sits in my basement today. Bottom line is, if you buy from a big box store you're stuck with the box. Buy your furnace or stove from a reputable heating company. You get what you pay for...