Consumer Reviews of Summers Heat pellet stoves

Read reviews of other Pellet Stove brands

Date created: 2018-02-03 Name: Lori
Location: Nowthen, MN

"NOT happy!"
We purchased the 55-shpep model 12-2017 when our old pellet stove that we had for 18 years gave up the ghost. We are very dissatisfied. We are lucky to get 18 hours of burn at a time before we have to shut it down to clean the burn pot; the ash and coals start piling up in front of the feed shute, and then the unburned pellets bounce off to the side and into what passes for an ash drawer. It does not burn hot; the windows are black with soot every time we clean even though we are using the same brand of hardwood pellets we have used the past 5 years that meet the recommendation for this stove. The chimney smoke is black. We have tried adjusting the heat range & blower settings to no avail. Lucky to get living room to 70 degrees. Supposed to heat 2200 sq ft? I think not. The gaskets on the door are unraveling, and the decorative trim in the windows won't stay put. Very disappointed.

Date created: 2018-01-26 Name: dan
Location: Connecticut

"Garbage"
Don't waste your time or money on this junk. Please don't!!!!!!!

Date created: 2016-11-20 Name: JJ
Location: Orono, ME

of 5 stars Unknown

"Small and Study"
I bought this stove as a last minute replacement when my other pellet stove stopped working properly. Given the time (and weather crunch) I was under I was somewhat stuck with options however I have to say I have been thrilled with this. It is very efficient, heats well and can keep burning over a long time. I have never had an issue with it and just done regular repairs and cleanings on it. I like it so much that I bought a second one (smaller size) to use in an out building that I use as a home office. I am thrilled with the cost savings that it provides over the pre-existing electric heat system. I would certainly encourage anyone who is in the market for a pellet stove to check this one out. I don't think you will be disappointed. Also, Lowe's has a good return policy so that's always a bonus too.

Date created: 2016-11-03 Location: West Bridgewater, MA

"My newfound love for heat!"
Great stove, and even better value. I have owned this unit for about 18 months and do not have one bad thing to say about it. The only downside is sometimes the pellets get stuck on their way down the worm gear and you have to clean it out on a regular basis. But that's it, I would certainly recommend this stove, and have!